3DS Discussion Thread

Blui129 said:
@ catutie, how on Earth did you manage to run it over?

My cousin got a beach cruiser and to sit in it you pretty much are 4 inches from the ground so my ds slipped out of my pocket and I ran it over with the back tire and then flipped out and immediately got off and nurtured my baby....I mean ds

I like the crystal case....I don't want a big bulky thing wrapped around my ds I just want something to make sure it doesn't get any more scratches

I've been considering trading in my DSi XL (I have a DSlite which is my favorite, HATE my DSi) for a 3DS....and I have two questions: Will I be able to do a full trade in at say, GameStop, DSi XL for 3DS or will I have to do a partial trade and like, give my DSi and get ____% off the price of the 3DS?
Two: Red or Purple. Both are super pretty....

There is no way you will get a "full" trade. :D
I would just sell the DSi XL at an auction site. That way you get the most money.

2. red > purple, but that's me. C:

My friends' little brother has red, and it's SOOOOO pretty, but I have the red DS so I just don't know BWEEH!
That's the problem, I'm not allowed to sell things on auction sites...I'm not sure what else I could do with it...(unless I threw my Red GBA SP in there...)
EDIT: That purple is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G looking. Seriously. It's so pretty!!! The 3DS has got to be one of the mos beautiful handheld consoles I've seen....

AnimeUSA said:
My friends' little brother has red, and it's SOOOOO pretty, but I have the red DS so I just don't know BWEEH!
That's the problem, I'm not allowed to sell things on auction sites...I'm not sure what else I could do with it...(unless I threw my Red GBA SP in there...)
EDIT: That purple is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G looking. Seriously. It's so pretty!!! The 3DS has got to be one of the mos beautiful handheld consoles I've seen....

if you have a red ds, get a purple 3ds (same problem I had a black ds, so I got the blue 3ds) gamestop had a special deal where if you traded your dsi XL in you could get a 3ds for $100, but that promotion ended awhile ago :(

if you can, a 3ds is soo worth it, I like it better than the dsi...

I traded in my PS vita the weekend, and with the cash got a new 3DS. Don't know if I really like it yet or not.

Both haven't been too....strong selling yet. They both don't have the best opening game selection. The 3ds is getting it though soon enough. I would stick with kid Icarus, mk7, and the kingdom hearts game....when it comes out

Both haven't sold strong? The 3DS has outsold the DS (1st year DS VS 1st year 3DS)!

The 3DS is pretty amazing, but it's plagued by short battery life. Mine only lasts about 9-10 hours of continuous play, about 12-13 hours overall if I take occasional breaks. Still, it's plethora of fun, fantastic features alliteration bonus! are enough to bring back from the "failed system" pile.

I got my 3DS a few days after launch date, and it worked fine until just recently.
I was carrying it in my pocket the other day, and i dropped it. Ever since then, whenever i go into the camera program and use the front cameras, it shos a black screen and then freezes. If i use the front cameras in other programs, such as pokedex 3D, it works fine. any idea what could be wrong?

Flipnote would be awesome for the 3ds :)

still I'm going to be spending my money on real games first (not that them eshop games aren't real, but whatever)

The new Black & White 2, do they have special features for just the 3ds? or is the dsi in on this special feature thing too? (or is there even a special feature like the Xtransreceiver in BW2?)

I hope this doesn't count as bumping...

- Animal Crossing announced in Japan, comes out 2012 for sure.

- New Super Mario Galaxy 3DS? Not sure on this one, I didn't see it.

Annnndd...

- 3DS LL coming to Japan in July! Personally I think it looks awesome. I know it's really early and seems a bit redundant, but I loved my XL. This also has bumpers to prevent the screen scratching problem as seen in the picture. And new buttons on the bottom!

I will edit this with any big news shown at the Nintendo Direct for America starting in a few minutes.

(I think this is allowed since it's starting back up the discussion...)

Nintendo 3DS XL looks ugly, just saying. Really, "We have a large system, how should we upgrade it?" "Let's make it bigger!"

You have no idea how many times I've seen that already haha. Like I said, I like the looks of it personally but I know that's the minority opinion already.

Now to round-up the info I found, mostly to be honest from the Nintendo 3DS Blog, but still.

- Kobayashi of Bandai Namco is helping with Smash Bros 4.

- Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo is available now.

- Fire Emblem: Awakening and Animal Crossing are coming out 2013 for Europe. No info on US yet though. PLEEEASE come in 2012 Animal Crossing. ;-;

- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is coming November this year in America.

And that's about it. I'm looking forward to August now. My birthday followed by the XL two weeks later!

Don't forget that July is going to be a big month for 3DSVC, New Super Mario Bros. 2 will get DLC, and Super Mario Land with be $2.99 this weekend.

Back