3DS Discussion Thread

My stream was lagging and skipping and it skipped right over the 8-Bit Summer ad. I saw it on my 3DS before bed though,

- Zelda NES - July 5th
- Kirby's Pinball Land - July 12th
- The Sword of Hope II - July 12th
- Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monster (Finally!) - July 19th
- Tumblepop - July 19th
- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - July 28th
- Sonic Blast - No date given
- Sonic Labyrinth - No date given (KEEP IT THAT WAY. I've heard nothing good about this game and I often hear that it is THE worst Sonic game ever. Worse than '06.)

Thanks for pointing out NSMB2's DLC. Like I said, laggy stream. xD Even though Reggie tried to assure everyone knew that the game would be done first and the DLC would be add-on, I'm really worried about Nintendo going the paid DLC route... As long as they don't go overboard I'm fine. Two, at tops three dollars for more than three or four new stages could be amazing if put out every/every other month. But any higher in price or released less often/too much and I'll be a little less inclined to get the DLC (Wow, I sound VERY picky there.)

I didn't know about Mario Land being knocked down a dollar in price. It'll be awesome if Nintendo start holding sales ala Steam. It's hard to think that they would have a sale for one game and never again.

Well, this is shaping up to be a pretty cool Summer in the Gaming department. I just wish that they would release a big title for the 3DS like... Now.. The next big title is Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance and it comes out at the end of July, which is near the end of Summer. Don't even get me started on NSMB2 being included in Nintendo's "Summer Games" even though it comes out basically RIGHT before school starts again. Oh well, I hear that Summer sales are always bad for game companies (that or whoever told me were trolling. Because I love Summer games and usually buy more often now than any other time.)

TheGuy said:
Nintendo 3DS XL looks ugly, just saying. Really, "We have a large system, how should we upgrade it?" "Let's make it bigger!"

I can't help but feel they missed something with not even adding the second circle pad to it. I wasn't expecting many improvements in the first place, but I'm still kind of sour about it. Bigger screens and longer battery life are things I couldn't care less about lol.

dmaster out.

SotS said:
Thanks for pointing out NSMB2's DLC. Like I said, laggy stream. xD

Yeah, I had an abnormally laggy stream from the start. I waited until it was over and immediately watched the "recording". That glitched too, at some points, and I had a comically low or high version of Reggie's voice.

I didn't know about Mario Land being knocked down a dollar in price. It'll be awesome if Nintendo start holding sales ala Steam. It's hard to think that they would have a sale for one game and never again.

Europe's actually getting 10 things 20% off: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/ten_games_discounted_in_european_eshop_sale

Pullblox — £4.30
Zen Pinball 3D — £3.60

I already have these and the others don't interest me. :/

SotS said:

Looks like it'll be weekly. When I went to buy Super Mario land and get the Kingdom Hearts demo today, it read something like "The deal of the weekend is live." It didn't specifically mention Super Mario Land.

What does everyone think about the Rhythm Thief demo that they put out a few days ago?
People keep saying it's Professor Layton with the puzzles replaced.

Living in Europe, I've had the actual game for several months already, and it's amazing.

Rhythm Thief is by far my favourite 3DS game so far. The music is fantastic, the graphics are beautiful, the plot is crazy and awesome, the characters are amazing, and the gameplay - both in the actual rhythm games and just while exploring Paris - is superb!

I can see why people compare it to the Layton games, but it really is in its very own league.

I want Rhythm Thief a lot after the demo, but... I want Theatrhythm. ;-;

Worse still I can't buy either because I'm getting a Japanese 3DS + Monster Hunter 3G before I let myself buy any other games.

I hate demos sometimes. xD

SotS said:
Worse still I can't buy either because I'm getting a Japanese 3DS + Monster Hunter 3G before I let myself buy any other games.
Why? It's coming to Europe anyway, right? And why don't you just get it for the Wii if you want it so badly, isn't it the same game? Or just wait for 4? :3

(I'm not that well informed on MH, but... xP)

Finally played demo of rhythm thief and kingdom hearts! :D
Rhythm thief is sooooo much fun! I played it till I got all rank A's on the demo. When I first saw the game in Nintendo power, I knew it was going to be fun. But I didn't know it was going to be that fun and addicting like Taiko no Tatsujin. xD I'm getting this game when it hits stores. And I don't really get why people see professor layton; just the art style is the same and the gameplay is very different (so far as the demo goes).
As for kingdom hearts, Neku came on and I fell head over heels for this game. I love how fast paced you can make the game. At first I thought the flowmotion thing was going to be a bit rough, but being able to jump on walls and grind on rails really does make travel faster and it's simple. Though, I'm not sure if I like the monsters being bright colors (unlike the past ones being dark) like the pet things that were following me around. I sometimes mistake them as enemies. xD but the demo was really short  /: the graphics and music was great! I really enjoyed them. I know I'm getting the special edition of this game for sure!

PikabooPikachu said:
And I don't really get why people see professor layton; just the art style is the same and the gameplay is very different (so far as the demo goes).

European settings, perhaps?

^^^
Layton takes place in Europe?! Where have I been?! Never really thpught of England being part of Europe I guess... Well now it makes a bit more sense. Thanks. :)

I didn't really like the KH demo. I don't understand the combat. It felt weird and... weird.

PikabooPikachu said:
Never really thpught of England being part of Europe I guess...
:B

Teal said:
I didn't really like the KH demo. I don't understand the combat. It felt weird and... weird.

Definitely agreed, though maybe I'm too used to two button combat.

Teal said:

I guess I was just used to it, since that's how the combat system was for 365/2 Days and ReCoded. I usally just mash on the X button and make sure to skip over Cure.
Besides, I'm still not 100% on the flowmotion plus combat moves deal. It's still a bit tricky. Got 28 more plays to figure it out xD

PikabooPikachu said:
Finally played demo of rhythm thief and kingdom hearts! :D
Rhythm thief is sooooo much fun! I played it till I got all rank A's on the demo. When I first saw the game in Nintendo power, I knew it was going to be fun. But I didn't know it was going to be that fun and addicting like Taiko no Tatsujin. xD I'm getting this game when it hits stores. And I don't really get why people see professor layton; just the art style is the same and the gameplay is very different (so far as the demo goes).

It seems like besides the gameplay, the adventure elements are pretty similar. You can explore Paris in the game, talk to the people and solve some rhythm puzzles. Take the rhythm out and that's the core of Layton haha.

dmaster out.

Teal said:
Why? It's coming to Europe anyway, right? And why don't you just get it for the Wii if you want it so badly, isn't it the same game? Or just wait for 4? :3

(I'm not that well informed on MH, but... xP)

Because it's vastly improved/upgraded. It's sort of a Monster Hunter fan thing. xD I already own and have beaten Tri. 3G has more monster, more quests, more "sub-species" of older monsters and weapon/armor sets to go along with them all. Also the graphics are improved.

I also get to buy Monster Hunter 4, Animal Crossing (I know very few others who will be getting it, but it's enough to justify it I'd say), and any other imports I may be interested in after looking up all the Japanese only games.

SotS said:
I also get to buy Monster Hunter 4, Animal Crossing (I know very few others who will be getting it, but it's enough to justify it I'd say)

I've been debating whether or not to get Animal Crossing digitaly via the shop on the 3DS so I can pick it up and play it when ever or to get a retail copy. What do you guys think?

PikabooPikachu said:
I've been debating whether or not to get Animal Crossing digitaly via the shop on the 3DS so I can pick it up and play it when ever or to get a retail copy. What do you guys think?

Animal Crossing is one of the few that should definitely be bought digitally, even at retail prices. For a game with short daily gameplay, having it as software you boot is great. That's why New Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't so great digitally; probably the same price, no significant benefit.

The only game I know I'm buying digitally for sure is Smash Bros. Otherwise, it'd be the only game I ever kept in the system.
/glances over at Gamecube that probably has Melee in it and Wii that probably has Brawl in it

Back