3DS Discussion Thread

ChillBill said:
Man, but what I'd really want for the 3DS would be the ability to stream. This browser gets on my nerves quite often.

Yeah, the browser needs a serious upgrade, you can't really do much with it. It doesn't have Flash compatability, meaning no videos, and it can't display pages bigger than my computer screen (exaggeration, but seriously, almost all the time I try to load a page that's even remotely big, it says the page is too big and won't load).

Next 3DS game for me? Definitely a tough one for me. I haven't gotten a 3DS game since Mario Kart due to the lack of interest in the games they've been releasing lately. Suddenly they release Fire Emblem and I've heard nothing but good things about it so that's certainly high on my list. Then there's Luigi's Mansion which I have pretty high hopes for ever since I heard the announcement for it. I haven't been keeping up with

SotS said:
dmaster said:
I don't know if it was just me, but that Monster Hunter demo's camera controls were _God awful_. I would really like to try it out with the Circle Pad Pro because honestly, I don't think there's a way that I would be able to play it on the 3DS.

On land I loved them. The re-focus button works amazingly well. But once you get underwater and have to change with the (virtual or real) D-Pad? Yeah, forget that. That gets waaaay too uncomfortable for my liking. What makes it even worse is that I have the 3DS XL.

I'm talking about when I first got to the first monster of the demo. I immediately got lit up in the fight because the camera controls just straight up were not fast enough to see and move around at the same time. Still stand by them being awful.

dmaster out.

SotS said:
Whining aside, what's everyone's next game going to be?

XY or maybe M&L Dream Team were my first thoughts, but it might be Animal Crossing if there's any time-limited content.

As for my next game, seeing as I just got a 3DS a week ago I need to catch up on some of the older 3DS games. So, probably Mario Kart 7. Might get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon too as I liked the demo.

Well I just got Fire Emblem a few hours ago, so most likely PMD: Gates to Infinity. If Pokémon X releases before I buy it, then that's first priority.
Also, what's with all the reviews saying that "You'll finish Game within 3 hours" or something like that? I have had NightSky for 3 months now and have yet to defeat it, yet a review I read said "Though gamers will finish it in 5 hours or so." Are people really that fast?

X and Y are a long shot for now. I already have Mario Kart 7 and have completed everyhting except 5 of the expert stuff ghosts. I'd totally recommend the game. One thing. If you play in 3D, try to learn first-person camera, it's much better.

My next game will probably be Animal Crossing. City Folk might be one of my favorite games, and I'd like to have a portable Animal Crossing. I'm also considering getting Mario Kart 7 after playing it 24/7 on DS Download Play with a friend.

The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity demo is awesome so far. The graphics are on point, and way better than the DS installments. I just hope it has a good storyline, like the DS installments. I recommend buying it.

I really didn't like what I played. They got rid of the personality test, which was very favorite part of the game, and they had a bigger selection. (Maybe they will put those back in the full version, but I'm not sure.)

Robot said:
My next game will probably be Animal Crossing. City Folk might be one of my favorite games, and I'd like to have a portable Animal Crossing. I'm also considering getting Mario Kart 7 after playing it 24/7 on DS Download Play with a friend.

I never really like the portable animal crossings. I tend to turn off my 3DS while playing games, and getting visits from Mr. Resetii (Is that how you spell his name?)

Well, I finally upgraded to the 3DS XL and I am absolutely in love with it! Thank you to all who offered their advice/opinions! I think it's a lot better quality than the regular size, the extra $$ is well worth it.

And omg the screen is huge, I guess I didn't fully realize it was going to be so big. I'm more hyped than ever to play X & Y on this thing, can't wait! :cool:

Bazinga001 said:
Flipnote studio 3D announced for 3DS!

Yeah, finally. Can't wait. I'm a little weary on how Hatena's replacement is going to pan out with it's monthly fee, and whether it'll be active enough to pull in new customers. Maybe we'll see them drop the fee if things don't work out.

Teeboy23 said:
Pikachu 3DS is getting released here in the US!

Hahaha, yeah! I heard the news about the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ad, and saw the tweet. Didn't put together that the yellow thing was the thing:

BFP-siECcAMaIWc.png:large

Might have to get this if it's really limited. That'll be a moneysink...

I hope that they fix the numerous and grievous mistakes that they made with Flipnote DSi version.
Anyways, just finished the PMD: Gates to Infinity demo. It's osum, but I hate the partner.

Oshawott partner said:
These gems are blue.

Chariblaze said:
Teeboy23 said:
Pikachu 3DS is getting released here in the US!

Hahaha, yeah! I heard the news about the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ad, and saw the tweet. Didn't put together that the yellow thing was the thing:

BFP-siECcAMaIWc.png:large

Might have to get this if it's really limited. That'll be a moneysink...
Yeah. Its official now. It's on Pokemon.com and they tweeted about this morning. It's out on March 24th. Same day as PMD: Gates To Infinity. TPCi and Nintendo are really trying to push people to get the 3DS now. They're hoping releasing this on March 24th, will persuade people to buy Gates to Infinity. Plus, with XY out in 7 months, they want people to start buying the 3DS now. I already have a 3DS, and I did plan on getting a second one because I am getting both X&Y. But now that the Pikachu 3DS Is coming out so soon, I'm gonna buy it now. I don't wanna miss this chance. Who knows when we will next get a limited edition console.

Just in! Nintendo just announced that if you register a 3DS XL and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on Club Nintendo between March 21st and April 30th, you will get a code for a free 3DS game on the Nintendo eShop! Only selected games to choose from.

Back