April Fuels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Garrett said:
Celebi23 said:
D: I missed the whole thing. Well, I guess that's what I get for sleeping, studying and not being a school drop out. :D But this was awesome, although next year I'll expect anything to happen. I'm pretty sure I have these dates right.
2006: HS blows the Forums up.
2007: ???
2008: The main page crashes.
2009: An April fools joke makes it seem like HS blows everything up again.
2010: Blank?
2011: An April fools main page crash?

That's what I'm thinking. After all, most members will remember this and be expecting it next year. So it only makes sense that you guys do something small next year.
HS blew the forums up in November the first time. Accurate facts there. :|

Yeah. I guess I should have emphasized more that I was only "pretty sure" about my facts. Well, I guess that's what I get for trying to figure out what happened in all those years before I joined. Sorry about that.

I don't know what any of you mean by "Dark Skin" because I wasn't on the computer often yesterday because of WORM.

I'll be a good sport and tell the truth, I believed every bit of it. From the Admin promotions, (Spoon would be an awesome admin though. D: ) to the HS being promoted, to the banning of him.

As Ferb says (to anyone who watches Phineas and Ferb), "I was weak." xD

The Turkish hackers prank went something like this...

The main page vanished, and in its place was a plain black screen with "WE HACCK YUO" written on it. Underneath is like a demand for 20,000 rupees or whatever. Could be USD I don't know. :x

The forums were the same way, except if you scrolled down a ways, you could see that the forums were, in fact, just fine and fully operational. It freaked out anyone who wasn't smart enough to see that the vertical scroll bar on the side was working. :x

Mods and Super mods as well as WPM Please see that this does not happen. I did not like that at all. It was a waste of time. Ask yourselves this? What would you do if you could not recover ANYTHING after you deleted 3/4 of the forums? You would be in a lot of hot water if you could not recover after doing that. Please see it does not happen. These kinds of pranks can land you guys in major trouble. I really don't want to see that happen here. Keep it clean if you can Thanks.:)

I admit, yes I was fooled, it was a clever joke but I think its something too serious to joke about. To be honest I wasn't really affected since I don't do April Fools.

The turkish hackers was insanely well orchastrated too, and probably better than this years one. Nevertheless, this year was descent too. They both worked because similar events had occured before not as a prank.

xxashxx, the forums were only hidden.

EDIT: Also d master what's wrong? :[

I now hate April Fool's Day. =/

This and another prank that was pulled on me that day puts the nail in the coffin for April Fool's.

Anyway, I figured it was a joke all along. If it hand't been, WPM would have made more of an effort to prevent HS from taking over the site.

I think this one was better than the Turkish one, it looks like this one fooled more people.

Vergere and Bulbasaur45S are still banned. Was that for other reasons than the joke?

Noobnerd said:
xxashxx, the forums were only hidden.

EDIT: Also d master what's wrong? :[

Please see that this does not happen in the future. The PM system WAS locked. I was not happy and it was not amusing. To me it was pretty serious. What would you do if you could not reset it? If you hide them and try to reset them 1 too many times it will eventually stop working. I hope this does not happen again. Thank You.:(

kashmaster said:
OMG not a smiley, this must be really upsetting u ash

I did not like it in the least and it was NOT amusing. I did not find this funny at all. Holy Star should be banned and I don't know why he is not banned. Someone please explain why he is not banned. Thanks.:(

xxashxx said:
kashmaster said:
OMG not a smiley, this must be really upsetting u ash

I did not like it in the least and it was NOT amusing. I did not find this funny at all. Holy Star should be banned and I don't know why he is not banned. Someone please explain why he is not banned. Thanks.:(

WPM forgave bela for last year, and WPM supported him this year, so no one can, or will ban him.

WPM should not be forgiving on the 3rd strike. He has had 2 strikes. 1 more time and he is gone. That is how it would work if I had my own forum but I don't however.:(

^ Well, Owning and moderating on many forums, I know that holystar being a supermod, is no, and will never be a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back