Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Best Pokemon card ever

Call me an old-timer, but I was always a fan of the Haymaker card combo.

Didn't mind fossil Zapdos, base Chansey, and jungle Kangaskhan either. Cute art + whopper of a punch/high HP.

Good topic, it'll be interesting to see what people will call the best in their opinion :)

not a standard combo, but something i pulled off that worked really well.
is if your opponent has a seeker in hand,
use smeargles repeatedly to seeker up the entire field with the use of SSU, junkarms, and switches; then finish the game with a KO

kinda like porygon download, but with 2 smeargles
i pulled this off facing a charizard deck

IDK if it's the best combo out there but, one day I was battling one of my friends who plays unlimited and he had out a Gardevoir SW, BTS and a Garchomp MT active, I had a Seeker in my discard pile, he used Gardevoir's poke-power to copy the Seeker, he scoops up Gardevoir, I scoop up a benched pokemon, rinse and repeat about 3 or 4 times later, he finaly gets up all my benched pokemon, leaving me with a lone Yanma, he K.O.'s it with his Garchomp! DX

Gliscor said:
In the Modified format, Junk Arm with pretty much anything is the best combo. Play a Communication, reuse it, Catcher, reuse it, PlusPower, reuse it, you get where I'm going.

That combo was around back in Base set era as well. But back then Junk Arm was known as Item Finder, personally prefer the name item finder as well.

26-dratini.jpg

Vulpix Yolk is correct. PoryDonk– Porygon2 GE to spam Seeker, and then Drifblim UD+Boost Energy to Take Away the opponent's Active.

I do have to disagree about how often it works, though. I can get 5 Seekers off and Take Away T1 about 98% of the time. Usually I'm capable of pulling off 7 or 8 Seekers if I play through to see how many I can get after I've already done 5. If you want my list to test it, PM me (only saying this because I hate being the guy who says "MY DECKLIST IS ELITE AND CAN WIN EVERYTHING" without any proof, not because I think people will actually want my list).

Smeargle doesn't work– it's way too reliable on your opponent's hand.

Absolutions. Jolteon EX DS, Jolteon* PK, the first of who makes this an even more amazing Judge on steroids, and Absol EX PK, who turns the damage spread from Jolteon into concentrated damage counters on whatever seems dangerous. Just to add more spread to the mix, Tom Roos (2007 Masters WC) ran Rayquaza d EX DF, who could provide cheap hits in a pinch, and take out unevolved basics.

~SS

Emboar/Forretress LA

Forretress

Pokebody:
When you attach a basic Energy card from your hand to Forretress (excluding effects of attacks), you may flip a coin. If tails, put 2 damage counters on each Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) (excluding any Forretress).

Use with a Computer Search/Oak/Item Finder Engine and BTS.

Base Set-Gym Challenge:

Hitmonchan
Electabuzz
Magmar (Fossil)
Professor Oak
Bill
Scyther
Rocket's Zapdos
Rocket's Mewtwo
Charizard (yeah I said that)
Blastoise
Venusaur
Chansey
Clefable
Alakazam
Raichu
Pokemon Breeder
Pokemon Trader
Gust Of Wind
Kangaskhan
Gengar
Lapras
Dark Dragonair
Dark Vileplume
Rainbow Energy
Rocket's Sneak Attack
The Boss' Way
Here Comes Team Rocket!
Recall

More later

MarioPikachu said:
Base Set-Gym Challenge:

Hitmonchan
Electabuzz
Magmar (Fossil)
Professor Oak
Bill
Scyther
Rocket's Zapdos
Rocket's Mewtwo
Charizard (yeah I said that)
Blastoise
Venusaur
Chansey
Clefable
Alakazam
Raichu
Pokemon Breeder
Pokemon Trader
Gust Of Wind
Kangaskhan
Gengar
Lapras
Dark Dragonair
Dark Vileplume
Rainbow Energy
Rocket's Sneak Attack
The Boss' Way
Here Comes Team Rocket!
Recall

More later

Card...singular...and quite a few of those cards were only meh when they came out and aside from oak they are all terrible now.

Dark Void said:
Card...singular...and quite a few of those cards were only meh when they came out and aside from oak they are all terrible now.

And Gust of Wind.

K2theAblaM said:
Emboar/Forretress LA

Forretress

Pokebody:
When you attach a basic Energy card from your hand to Forretress (excluding effects of attacks), you may flip a coin. If tails, put 2 damage counters on each Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) (excluding any Forretress).

Use with a Computer Search/Oak/Item Finder Engine and BTS.
use it with espeon AQ and pokemon center
:p
11-espeon.jpg

85-pokemon-center.jpg

Dark Void said:

Last time I checked, "best" was subjective. And apparently Pokemon Catcher is terrible because it was Gust of Wind back then. (Someone beat me to it)

MarioPikachu said:
Last time I checked, "best" was subjective. And apparently Pokemon Catcher is terrible because it was Gust of Wind back then. (Someone beat me to it)

And as I already said, I missed that. That's a good card too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back