Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

Card Slinger J said:
That's in next set Fraxureking, although I am looking forward to playing against an Aqua Force deck If one of my friends decides to build the deck themselves.

Well, there's Ancient Dragons in BT11, wich look like fun.
May build a budget Aqua Force deck with some TDs.

Hey guys, I am kind of new to vanguard and was wondering if you guys could tell me of some good forums and maybe some of the decks that are good now.

Gistica said:
Hey guys, I am kind of new to vanguard and was wondering if you guys could tell me of some good forums and maybe some of the decks that are good now.

Hmm... for forums there's Pojo, and that's the place I browse.
For decks, anything can be good, it all depends on the skill of the player.
Anyway, by set 9/10 everything will have a viable build in my opinion.

What do you guys think about oracle think tank? And i saw that there are different types of that deck like Moon goddesses as opposed to CEO amaterasu, so waht do you guys think?

Gistica said:
What do you guys think about oracle think tank? And i saw that there are different types of that deck like Moon goddesses as opposed to CEO amaterasu, so waht do you guys think?

Oracle Think Tank is one of the most solid decks right now, however, be wary of this happening.
Oracles will have an extra booster, along with Nova Grapplers, sometime after BT10 and EB06 come out.
Oracles also have quite a few builds like Coco, Amaterasu and Tsukuyomni right now, as well as Goddess of the Sun with BT09 and Battle Sisters in EB05.
Go with watever you like with Oracles, but Coco and Tsuk are probaby your best bets right now.

Oracle is so good that they don't need limit break and break ride to whoop ass. That's all I can say. Their gimmick of direct card advantage is just too good.

Riskbreakers said:
Oracle is so good that they don't need limit break and break ride to whoop ass. That's all I can say. Their gimmick of direct card advantage is just too good.

This, this and this. Also that Daigo cover card isn't a pendragon Crossride. D:

Fraxureking said:
Riskbreakers said:
That and one of my main decks is CoCo, Sakuya and Imperial Daughter

Dammit, you stole my idea :(
I was going to get a few Cocos and Sakuyas to finish mine.

I had that idea even before BT-07 was released internationally XD

I know this is kind of off-topic but last Saturday at a Vanguard Tournament one of my friends managed to do 110k damage in one turn running Pale Moon. I forgot the details on how he did it though so feel free to refresh my memory on it, aside from that Dark Irregulars also has a similiar combo that I saw on YouTube one time. Hitting for 35k+ or 100k+ isn't so bad in Vanguard cause it only lasts for one turn anyway unless you're able to swing for 35k+ in almost every turn late game without Drive Check boosts but it's still kinda cool to hit for the kind of numbers that you could only negate through a Perfect/Null Guard for however it's not that great to be hitting those high numbers every turn mid to late game with your opponent not being able to Guard against it at all.

Judging from my understanding of this TCG, it's not as easy to get combo off in Vanguard or Kaijudo as it is in MTG, Pokemon, or Yu-Gi-Oh!. If there's one thing that I think turns off some people from playing Vanguard it's the TCG's power creep cause I think eventually when every Clan has access to run 12 Crits in every deck, games will probably end much faster. Riskbreakers, you say that Break Rides are balanced well I dunno they're kind of borderline broken and as Dominoparis21 from YouTube put it, "Break Rides are the last straw for alot of Vanguard players in Japan". Mind you, it seems as though players who used to play Vanguard in Japan and Singapore have completely converted to Weiß Schwarz which out of Bushiroad's TCG's has been around alot longer and is more balanced than Vanguard is.

You can badmouth Kaijudo all you want Riskbreakers but I've found that luck doesn't play as much of a factor in it compared to Vanguard, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Pokemon TCG. I just recently tied for 1st place going 4-0 with a Nature/Water deck while getting a Promo for playing and 3 Kaijudo packs for going undefeated. I still felt like my opponent's were at a disadvantage against me cause I was running so much mana ramp, draw power, bounce, and spot removal spells plus Tendril Grasp is so good against Aggro it's not even funny. For a TCG that's been struggling to finally get Organized Play despite the lack of support from Wizards of the Coast it seems it's steadily growing thus getting alot of converts from Pokemon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh!. I know this because out of all the local card shops I've been to I've seen more Kaijudo players than Vanguard players in my area so that sort of further proves that Bushiroad USA isn't doing enough to market the Vanguard franchise as well as 4Kids did with Yu-Gi-Oh! 11 years ago.

You seriously believe anyone in YouTube right? Lol.

Playtest with the Break Rides before you complain. The top deck in japan is Eradicators. Eradicators that don't even run Vowing Sword Dragon. So that's what "Break Rides are Broken" mean.

-Himiko (Genesis) gets in the way more often than not
-Gancelot is pretty decent but does not mesh well with GP that well
-HAHAHAHAH Vowing Sword Dragon HAHAHAHAHAHAH
-Bad End is a very good card which is pretty much final turn once it hits the table
-Transocre (Aqua Force) is good but it can be worked around with and does not give AqF anything to its theme.
-Remiel (Angel Feather) is just a free card and Vanguard +10k. If you don't have ponies on field, it's pretty much underwhelming
-Dauntless Drive Dragon got nerfed so it's not as scary as it's supposed to be.

I've tested Himiko, Gancelot, Bad End and played against Vowing Sword.

Also, no. I am starting to play Weiss with proxies. The damage cancel mechanic is just too annoying in both offense and defense. Damage cancelling on defense might be a good thing at first, but it's crap when your hand is full of Level 2s and damage cancelling won't allow you to hit Level 2. Also, yeah a card with a more established banlist is supposed to be more balanced. It just means that they printed so many broken cards in Weiss that they have to ban them. I like the game though, but your arguments does not match the facts. It rarely has and rarely will.

You went 4-0 in a Kaijudo tournament because your deck is better than them. Sounds a whole like YGO/Pokémon to me :l Your area is pretty weird then, CFV is thriving in other areas in USA. Then again, you're the one who was making all those conspiracy theories last format and said that Catcher was a bad card for the format with so much broken bench sitting Stage 2s, so yeah.

Riskbreakers said:
Playtest with the Break Rides before you complain. The top deck in japan is Eradicators. Eradicators that don't even run Vowing Sword Dragon. So that's what "Break Rides are Broken" mean.

I already plan to test Break Rides when it reaches the English Format for Vanguard and as for the Japan/Singapore Format I try to keep up with what's going on with what decks are doing well and which one's aren't however I was making way too many assumptions of what was going on with the format and I shouldn't have done so which I apologize for. There was no way of me knowing unless someone who was there reported it online. Definitely a terrible mistake on my part. :(

Riskbreakers said:
-Himiko (Genesis) gets in the way more often than not
-Gancelot is pretty decent but does not mesh well with GP that well
-HAHAHAHAH Vowing Sword Dragon HAHAHAHAHAHAH
-Bad End is a very good card which is pretty much final turn once it hits the table
-Transocre (Aqua Force) is good but it can be worked around with and does not give AqF anything to its theme.
-Remiel (Angel Feather) is just a free card and Vanguard +10k. If you don't have ponies on field, it's pretty much underwhelming
-Dauntless Drive Dragon got nerfed so it's not as scary as it's supposed to be.

Well thanks for the heads up on what's going on in the Japan/Singapore Meta for Vanguard, my locals for Vanguard in the U.S. is very small compared to others in my area such as Magic, Kaijudo, and Pokemon. My friends and I get some Vanguard Tournaments going every once in a while and just recently we ran the tournament based on Bushiroad's Tournament Structure of Best of 1 Double Elimination instead of Best 2 out of 3 Swiss which is what we usually do. It's not bad actually...

Riskbreakers said:
I've tested Himiko, Gancelot, Bad End and played against Vowing Sword.

Also, no. I am starting to play Weiss with proxies. The damage cancel mechanic is just too annoying in both offense and defense. Damage cancelling on defense might be a good thing at first, but it's crap when your hand is full of Level 2s and damage cancelling won't allow you to hit Level 2. Also, yeah a card with a more established banlist is supposed to be more balanced. It just means that they printed so many broken cards in Weiss that they have to ban them. I like the game though, but your arguments does not match the facts. It rarely has and rarely will.

I take your word for it on your playtesting in Vanguard, but like I said before I made a bunch of false assumptions that I apologize for about the Vanguard Meta in Japan/Singapore with possible relation to Weib Schwarz. I've heard about the Weib Schwarz TCG online but lost interest in it right away cause the source material for it just isn't that appealing to me at all. When it comes to Anime/Manga based TCG/CCG's I've seen much better from Score Entertainment several years ago however those TCG/CCG's were only available in the U.S. where I live. Call me picky but yeah, I never really played Weib Schwarz but I know that it plays alot like Cardfight!! Vanguard.

Riskbreakers said:
You went 4-0 in a Kaijudo tournament because your deck is better than them. Sounds a whole like YGO/Pokémon to me :l Your area is pretty weird then, CFV is thriving in other areas in USA. Then again, you're the one who was making all those conspiracy theories last format and said that Catcher was a bad card for the format with so much broken bench sitting Stage 2s, so yeah.

"Conspiracy theories"? I was wrong about Catcher in the Pokemon TCG when I realized that it's a necessary evil for the game to help keep specific cards in check especially Big Basics in the current Modified Format. I don't get why you hate Stage 1 and Stage 2 Evolution decks so much in the game when they're supposed to be what makes the Pokemon TCG fun in the first place. Evolution decks were more popular back around DP-On and MD-On up to HGSS-On but then it sort of dwindled down with Big Basics dominating in our current format. Hopefully with X & Y Base Set the TCG will go back to the way it was when Diamond/Pearl Base Set debuted including fixing the 1st turn Rules and un-errata Rare Candy.

Because the Stage 1 and 2s in the old days were actually balanced and they not broken enough to warrant the Rare Candy nerf. Trust me, I was playing Gardevoir/Gallade and was excelling at it especially with the Dusknoir tech. A T1 Gardy/Gallade was not devastating at all but the Stage2s right now? Downright devastating if you pull them off T1.

God forbid the day when you can do T1 Blastoise and T1 PKK in this format.

Weiss is a nice game. It actually is nagging me to try watching more anime just to understand the characters behind the cards. It's rules and gameplay are harder than Vanguard and doesn't really play that similar except for the Trigger System. Weiss games take longer too

So it looks like Bushiroad has updated their Restricted/Limited List in
Cardfight!! Vanguard for the Japanese/Singapore Format:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcf-vanguard.com%2Fhowto%2Ffighters_rule%2F

Restricted to 2 (or any combination) per deck:

* Eradicator, Dragonic Descendant - Narukami
* Majesty Lord Blaster - Royal Paladin
* Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukiyomi - Oracle Think Tank

Removed from Restricted/Limited List:

* King of Knights, Alfred - Royal Paladin
* Wingal Brave - Royal Paladin
* Lizard Soldier, Conroe - Kagero
* Dragonic Overlord the End - Kagero
* Silent Tom - Oracle Think Tank
* Godhawk, Ichibyoshi - Oracle Think Tank

Barcgal is still restricted from being played as Starting Vanguard in Royal Paladin, although I'm still a bit surprised Bushiroad didn't touch Gold Paladin.

@CSJ

As I said, GP is the least of anyone's worries. It's not anywhere near broken.

In other news, my team has already qualified for Team League Regionals

-Dimension Police (Galactic Beast, Zeal)
-Kagero (Dragonic Overlord the End)
-Oracle Think Tank (Scarlet Witch, CoCo)

Back