Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

I really still don't see the logic of this game being extremely luck based when I have topped and/or won so many tournaments using different decks (GP,OTT, Spike, DPol, PM). So does that just mean that I am extremely lucky?

Riskbreakers said:
I really still don't see the logic of this game being extremely luck based when I have topped and/or won so many tournaments using different decks (GP,OTT, Spike, DPol, PM). So does that just mean that I am extremely lucky?

In my opinion, it shows you're good at the game.

Fraxureking said:
Riskbreakers said:

In my opinion, it shows you're good at the game.

Well I guess but, some people keep on saying that Vanguard is pure luck and sh- like that. I mean, the guys who top cut here are also consistently the same players. The same goes for Japan (the girl was a back to back national champion). IMO, isn't it when a game is luck based, the winners would normally be different people all the time? Even during the Team League Qualifiers, the people you'd expect to qualify have all qualified.

Finally, we get to see Ren vs Aichi! I've been waiting for this episode for a long time.

Should be pretty good unless If it ends up like a repeat of Aichi vs. Leon at the end of Season 2. I'm also looking forward to seeing Kai fight against Daigo to possibly showcase more of the "Male Equivalent Units" of Royal Paladin aside from the Female Units that Kourin plays in her Royal Paladin. Kinda bummed out that she lost against both Daigo and Asaka.

Btw, THIS is how a Pro Cardfighter searches their deck:

Kourin_Logic.png

Cause who needs Duel Disks from Yu-Gi-Oh! when you got your entire arm to do the same job for you?

Ren ends up beating Aichi without playing a single Break Ride for Shadow Paladin, what gives man? Aichi Break Rides with Gancelot when both players are at 5 damage then all that Ren does is play another Blaster Dark to retire his opponent's Blaster Blade, Liberator so that Aichi had no units to Intercept with then went for the final 6th damage to his Gancelot with no 6th damage Heal Trigger. Aichi only had 2 cards in hand when Ren had more board advantage than Aichi did, where Ren didn't even attack with his Vanguard at all, just Blaster Dark from the Rear Guard to win the game.

Top it off with the fact that both Aichi and Ren didn't use Psyqualia at all throughout the entire game which was a great plus IMO. I did find it weird how Kai got thrusted into Cray to witness the match when it happened though, next episode preview shows Aqua Force getting some new stuff since Leon is fighting against some new Cardfighters so all in all still interesting to see. If Team Handsome doesn't make a showing throughout Season 3 to showcase some new stuff for Granblue I'm going to be really disappointed cause they need support badly, just make sure there's less Nagisa and Kamui shenanigans for the sake of us all.

Next episode probably would advertise the Aqua Force Ride Chan from BT11 and Dark Irregulars from BT12.

inb4 Kourin and Misaki both have horrible cooking

I'm considering purchasing a box to build a deck from, what set would you guys recommend me purchasing in the hopes of building a deck?

Well, I took the "what clan are you?" survey and I got Shadow Paladins. And after thinking about it for a while it would probably be either that or dimensional police if i had to choose.

I've got a friend who is REALLY interested in this.
He gave me a deck for my birthday. I thought the game was OK but not great.

Riskbreakers said:
Dimension Police is fun. Shadow can get repetitive at times. That survey is shit though hahahaha
So what deck archetype would you recommend for Dimension Police, Enigman or Robots?

Dimension Police has Zeal and DImensional Robo as its main decks. Your booster sets of focus would be BT04 and BT08. Alternatively, just like Pokemon, singles are more recommended because D Police is not a mainstream clan and you could probably get their cards cheaper.

Riskbreakers said:
Depends on what clan you like to play. What's your initial playstyle anyway?

"playstyle" don't you mean "deck preference"? At least that's what the folks on the HeyTrainer forums believe anyway.

blargh257 said:
I've got a friend who is REALLY interested in this.
He gave me a deck for my birthday. I thought the game was OK but not great.

Sounds to me like you're one of those people who thinks Vanguard is too luck based for your interest but as for me since I started playing I've been kinda hooked onto it, but not to the point where I'll invest in another deck when the games' future looks uncertain in North America as long as Yu-Gi-Oh! still has a monopoly on the TCG Secondary Market that doesn't appear to be fading away anytime soon If ever.

Riskbreakers said:
D Police is not a mainstream clan and you could probably get their cards cheaper.

That's the big problem with Vanguard, mainstream clans are getting way too much support compared to clans that need that kind of support like Granblue, Dimension Police, Megacolony, and even Bermuda Triangle just to name a few. Well aside from the new Break Ride for Bermuda they don't get much else, Royal Paladin is divided by Gender now (Male = Daigo / Female = Kourin) since Aichi ditched them for Gold Paladin after Season 2 of the Anime.

Tell that to the BT12 Shadow Paladin, Dark Irregular and Pale Moon support. Dark Irregulars must have one of the better Break Rides in the game right now. Dude, BMT gets their own set with a very good breakride that fits with their mechanic very well. Try and get better at playing rather than get better at complaining. I qualified for my Team League using Dimension Police with a team record of 5-1 and a personal record of 4-1 (we had a bye round).

Always remember this. Quality > Quantity

With that attitude I think that you will find this, http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yugioh-thread , forum more in need of your views, Card Slinger J. And thank you very much for your input Riskbreakers, it helped a lot :)

Back