Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

You can start playtesting the deck if you want to. I'm currently fiddling around with my Great Nature deck because my Angel Feathers are out of commission due to my Pokemon teammate not returning my second layer of sleeves lol.

Gistica said:
With that attitude I think that you will find this, http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yugioh-thread , forum more in need of your views, Card Slinger J.

Not really, I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh! anymore nor do I have any interest in getting back into it cause it's WAY too expensive among other reasons. Yeah I'll admit I was being pessimistic about the state of Cardfight!! Vanguard in North America however there's a chance it won't tank where I live. My locals has about 5-6 people including myself playing Vanguard Tournaments on Friday nights, it's small yes but I'm not sure If it will continue to grow or shrink.

There's another card shop I usually go to on Saturday's that holds Vanguard Tournaments in the afternoon but it's pretty small over there in terms of player attendance compared to
Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and MTG where they have alot of player attendance still. I know Kaijudo is starting to get big in my area and I've been playing tournaments for that TCG as well too, although I've noticed the player attendance for that TCG is slightly larger than Vanguard where I live.

Got third in my Team League Regionals. DOTE-GP-OTT lineup. THough we didn't qualify for the continentals, we're still the alternate team if ever one of the two teams backs out.

I'm one of the Philippine representatives for the Team League Asia Continentals. The invites were indeed passed down to us.

Grats. I know a team in the Euro continenentals, but couldn't do it myself.
BTW, I love how LJs can make your opponent attack only with the VG for a turn.

Yeah I just finished watching the latest episode of the Anime where Link Joker was played, it's kind of like Megacolony although more powerful. It seems like with the whole turning into Reverse thing If you lose a Cardfight seems like a rip-off of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime/Manga where If you lose in a Duel you'll get sent to the Shadow Realm. Season 3 in Vanguard was going alright until Bushiroad pulled a Yu-Gi-Oh! in this episode.

A team of my friends got second in the Long Beach regionals and are qualified for Continentals. The sad thing is this would technically be "my team" but I was unavailable for all team qualifiers. :/

Went to a BT09 sneak today, I had the worst deck. During the draft I didn't see a single Grade 3.
I proceeded to go 1-3 with my only win being due to an opponent scooping. In the end I got a Guld and a Vayu.
Only 1 Tamamo pulled and I didn't even get it. ;_;

So I was talking to some of my friends about the new Link Joker Clan and judging from what I've seen of it from the Anime series it seems a bit broken with the way it "locks" units to where your opponent's can't retire them to play a new unit in their Rear-Guard Circle until the end of their next turn thus denying a Grade 1 boost to their Vanguard to hit high numbers especially on a Twin Drive Check as well. I just think it makes games too one-sided in the Link Joker Clan's favor, of course Dark Irregulars sort of has ways to manipulate your opponent's board with units like Stil Vampir but it hardly ever see's play compared to Amon.

What If Link Joker ends up "locking" more than 1 of your Opponent's Rear Guards and they're stuck with a lone Vanguard thus cutting an easy path for you to win the game unless your Opponent survives by a 6th damage Heal Trigger? Not even Wolf Fang Liberator, Garmore can get around this with it's LB4 cause it's effect requires you to Superior Call to Open Rear not one that is locked for one turn via a Link Joker Unit's ability. Now you see my concerns with the Link Joker Clan already, If you thought Spike Brothers was nasty in terms of power creep by the time we get Link Joker oh man. I could give out spoilers as to what happens with Kai regarding Link Joker, the hint is on the new Trial Deck for Link Joker.

Think of Link Joker as the inverse of Soulless OTT. The only advantage generating engine the clan has is via locking and usually the Mass-Locking happens Turn 4 onwards so rushing them and pushing them quickly is going to hamper their hand a lot. Not to mention Murakumo and Spike Bros troll this deck a lot. It's a good clan but not the most broken thing in existence

And sometimes, the Vanguard reaches insane numbers anyway. They'd still have to guard it regardless. You could also opt to place less rear guards just so they can't lock as much.

Judging by how the Link Joker Clan was played in the Anime, the Clan came off towards me as a better version of Megacolony instead of an inverse Soulless OTT. With Megacolony all you're doing is resting their units and If they're running any Stands in Aqua Force or Nova Grapplers for instance it can easily get around Megacolony but Link Joker just does it better to where you're stuck having to run 12 Crits to hit high numbers with your Vanguard to beat Link Joker since you can't boost your Vanguard with a 8k Grade 1 due to being locked for one turn. If you need 12 Crits to beat Link Joker then that hurts your deck defensively to enable having more 10k and 5k Shields in hand to Guard with and having to discard for a Perfect Guard might leave you at a bigger disadvantage as well due to not having any Draws.

No. Riskbreakers is right. This clan is good, but definitely not broken. The only thing it has going for it is late game defensive capabilities that, as Riskbreakers said, are easy to get around. It's easy to rush the deck early, or to simply avoid filling all your rearguard or to just have a strong vanguard. No one needs to run 12 crits because of this deck. Unless we see some seriously broken stuff in BT12 or BT13, the clan is perfectly beatable.

Oh and did I forget to mention that Link Joker is basically Vanilla until Limit Break 4? They basically have no one that can stun your front row aside from the Break Ride and the SVG which requires a locked unit before he can go off.

So is it already confirmed that Best of 1 Double Elimination is set in stone for the TCG's Official Tournament Structure in North America and other countries that play Vanguard? Although I can see how some people are concerned that not having Best 2 out of 3 Swiss in Official Tournaments for Vanguard in North America makes the TCG more luck based competitively than it already is. What's even worse is that you have no way of coming back If you lose in Best of 1 where games end around 5 minutes tops. It's no fun getting grade locked, missing your ride chain, or getting a double crit at 3 damage just to get kicked out of the Tournament itself because of those reasons alone.

Bushiroad's Organized Play for Cardfight!! Vanguard has been terrible for quite some time, even still I haven't had much of a problem playing Best of 1 Double Elimination in Vanguard but it would be better If it was Best 2 out of 3 Double Elimination. Better than having it completely Swiss and drag the Tournament out far longer than it needs to be I guess, it's like as If Bushiroad is encouraging players to play in Tag Team Battles more rather than Single Player Tournaments like in every other TCG. They're probably doing this to mimic the Anime series which is sort of understandable but at the same time I rather go solo. At least Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro has better Organized Play for Kaijudo/Duel Masters where it's Best 2 out of 3 Swiss.

No one seems to complain about Pokemon having Best of 1 for their swiss rounds.So much for double standard.

Maybe if you read the rules more for Team League Continentals (of course I would, I actually did qualify for Continentals because I just stopped complaining and just started practicing)

Modified Swiss Draw
・Best out of 1 round match type.
・Wins and losses are calculated by teams as a whole.
・The top 4 will proceed to the top 4 playoff.
・Tie breakers will be calculated by the matching software.

Top 4:
・Single elimination format
・Best 2 out of 3 rounds match type.
・Wins and losses are calculated by teams as a whole.
・The winning bracket will play off for the championship.
・The losing bracket will play off for 3rd and 4th placing.

You get your Bo3 if you make it to Top Cut.

Also, Kaijudo has never even step foot in most Asian countries, so yeah.. lol

Back