Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

I changed my GP Gancelot/Ezel deck up a bit, tell me what you think so far Riskbreakers:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Silent Punisher (Critical Trigger)
2 Dantegal (Critical Trigger)
4 Speeder Hound (Draw Trigger)
2 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion (Draw Trigger)
4 Elixir Sommelier (Heal Trigger)
1 Little Fighter, Cron (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (15)

4 Halo Shield, Mark (Perfect Guard)
4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4 Disciple of Pain
3 Silver Fang Witch

Grade 2 (10)

3 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
3 Knight of Passion, Bagdemagus
2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane
2 Mage of Calamity, Tripp

Grade 3 (8)

4 Solitary Liberator, Gancelot
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2 Blazing Lion, Platina Ezel

Deck Total (50)

Should I run more Tripp's in this deck to help make it more easier to CB for Platina Ezel late game or is 2 enough in here? This deck is already working wonders against Spike Brothers and Aqua Force, although I did unfortunately come in 4th place in a Vanguard Tournament due to making a guard misplay against a Sephirot Neo Nectar deck and having a bad start against Bermuda Triangle.

Sorry. I dont know enough about the game to comment on that deck. Has anyone heard anything about:

Will they make tournaments into Swiss Rounds? I cant even imagine playing only one round like that.....best 2 out of 3 is the only way to go.

And

Are we getting that 3DS game for CFV!?!?!? GOD I WANT TO PLAY IT SOOO BAD.

I've said before that Bushiroad's Official Tournament Structure for Cardfight!! Vanguard was very flawed due to being Best of 1 Double Elimination when it really should be Best of 2 Swiss/Round Robin or Best of 2 Double Elimination because with Best of 1 matches games are mostly decided by who gets grade locked, who misses their ride chain, or whoever made a misplay for not guarding at the right moment in the middle of a game. So far the official word from Bushiroad is no Swiss rounds, just Best of 1 Double Elimination. Until that changes or when CFV becomes as mainstream as Yu-Gi-Oh! is in North America, then we're stuck with what we got for now.

As for the Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory video game for the Nintendo 3DS, I heard that Bushiroad is considering on importing the game over to North America with English text just like with the Yu-Gi-Oh! video games by Konami unfortunately they haven't made any recent announcements as to when it will be released. To make matters worse Bushiroad hasn't even green-lit Season 3 for the English Dub since Season 2 already ended which you can watch on YouTube. I know most people prefer the Japanese Sub over the English Dub for Cardfight!! Vanguard due to much better quality in the Opening and Ending Credits not to mention the voice actors as well.

Not to mention two of the three Ultra-Rare Idols also voice two of my favorite characters in Love Live! lol

Swiss Draw was used in their Continental Championships.

Card Slinger J said:
Best of 1 matches games are mostly decided by who gets grade locked, who misses their ride chain, or whoever made a misplay for not guarding at the right moment in the middle of a game.

So you're complaining that someone loses a game because they didn't play as well as their opponent...? Knowing when to guard or not to guard is a good half of the skill involved in this game. If you lost because you didn't guard correctly then you lost fair and square.

As for missing your ride chain, that's an inconsistency that you have to accept when playing a ride chain deck.

Grade locks can boil down to bad deck structure, but they still happen to everyone so I'll admit those are very crippling and often just bad luck. Trigger-based losses like double critting at 3 are also unfair at times, but hey it's a game, luck is bound to be involved. I still like swiss more than double elimination but don't blame all your losses on luck. Just make your deck better and play it better.

Pokemon is luck based as fudge now and no one seems to complain. You'd be a dumbass to choose to go second in match play.

Best of 3 also drags tournaments to unending lengths which is why these are supposed to be reserved for Top Cut games

I've also missed my SDD ride chain a lot and still be able to win games. Proper guarding and attacking catches you back up in the game.

I am looking for at least two more CEO Amaterasu, one more Silent Tom, and three Psychic Bird. If anyone has any, please let me know. If you want to see my deck list, let me know.

Oracle Think Tank Deck

At the Moment:

=================
Starting Vangaurd
=================

N/A

=================
Trigger Units
=================

Lozenge Magus (Heal) x 4
Battle Sister Ginger (Critical) x 1
Psycic Bird (Critical) x 1
Dream Eater (Draw) x 2
Victory Maker (Draw) x 2

=================
Grade 1 Units
=================

Battle Sister Chocolat x 2 (I'd prefer four. I have two right

now).
Oracle Guardian Gemini x 3
Weather Girl Milk x 2
Dark Cat x3
White Hare of Inaba x 3

=================
Grade 2 Units
=================

Silent Tom x 1
Oracle Guardian Wiseman x 2
Battle Maiden Tagitsuhime x 2

=================
Grade 3 Units
=================

CEO Amaterasu x 1
Goddess of Flower Divination Sakuya x 1

-----------------------------

The cards I need at the moment are:

=================
Starting Vangaurd
=================

Battle Sister Eclair x 1
Little Witch Lulu x 1

=================
Trigger Units
=================

Psycic Bird (Critical) x 3
Battle Sister Ginger (Critical) x 1
Miracle Kid (Draw) x 2

=================
Grade 1 Units
=================

Battle Sister Cocoa x 3

=================
Grade 2 Units
=================

Battle Sister Mocha x 2
Silent Tom x 1
Battle Deity Susanoo x 2

=================
Grade 3 Units
=================

CEO Amaterasu x 2
Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu x 2
Evil Eye Princess Euryale x 2
Goddess of Flower Divination Sakuya x 1

So what's the strategy behind your OTT deck? OTT Soulless is a very popular build for that Clan right now plus there's alot of OTT reprints being released in Extra Booster Pack Vol. 5: Celestial Valkyries next month like Battle Sister, Chocolat (OTT Perfect Guard) and Silent Tom which should go down in price quite a bit. Battle Sisters are also getting more support in Celestial Valkyries as well too.

Riskbreakers said:
Pokemon is luck based as frick now and no one seems to complain. You'd be a dumbass to choose to go second in match play.
At least Pokemon is less luck based for States, Nationals, and Worlds for the NXD-On Season where it's Best of 2 Swiss instead of Best of 1 which is what it still is for Battle Roads and Cities unfortunately. I'm still disappointed that P!P refused to bother changing the 1st turn rules back to the way they were in DP-On to where Best of 1 isn't decided by a coin flip/dice roll.

Meaty said:
Card Slinger J said:
Best of 1 matches games are mostly decided by who gets grade locked, who misses their ride chain, or whoever made a misplay for not guarding at the right moment in the middle of a game.

So you're complaining that someone loses a game because they didn't play as well as their opponent...? Knowing when to guard or not to guard is a good half of the skill involved in this game. If you lost because you didn't guard correctly then you lost fair and square.

I get what you're saying it really depends If it's 1 to pass, 2 to pass, or no pass at all before your opponent drive checks with his/her attacking Vanguard. If you think they'll get 2 triggers on their attacking Grade 3 or higher (Kagero is confirmed to be getting a Grade 4 unit aside from Great Nature which already has one) then you'll need to defend with enough shields to stop the attack. If it's 1 to pass and you need damage to unlock Limit Break 4 or Ultimate Break being Limit Break 5 then take the damage anyway. The hard part of it is hoping they don't drive check into a Crit If you're already at 4 damage.

Trust me, in Pokemon Match play, whoever wins Game 1 will win the match majority of the time. You're better off with best of 1 for Pokemon

Card Slinger J said:
So what's the strategy behind your OTT deck? OTT Soulless is a very popular build for that Clan right now plus there's alot of OTT reprints being released in Extra Booster Pack Vol. 5: Celestial Valkyries next month like Battle Sister, Chocolat (OTT Perfect Guard) and Silent Tom which should go down in price quite a bit. Battle Sisters are also getting more support in Celestial Valkyries as well too.

I am trying for A CEO/Soulless Build actually. Just at the moment, I am trying to get a CEO/ Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu deck.

So I guess my strategy would be to make sure I have four or more cards in my hand at most times, and abuse my vanguard soul XD But I have been only playing since June, so I am trying ^^

Though, Is there anyone here that might have the cards I need?

Yakkov said:
Card Slinger J said:

I am trying for A CEO/Soulless Build actually. Just at the moment, I am trying to get a CEO/ Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu deck.

So I guess my strategy would be to make sure I have four or more cards in my hand at most times, and abuse my vanguard soul XD But I have been only playing since June, so I am trying ^^

It's okay you'll get there, here's a decklist of a Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu deck by Chan of DifferenceInSkill on YouTube:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Lozenge Magus (Heal Trigger)
4 Battle Sister, Tiramisu (Draw Trigger)
4 Battle Sister, Ginger (Critical Trigger)
4 Psychic Bird (Critical Trigger)
1 Little Witch, LuLu (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (16)

4 Battle Sister, Cocoa
4 Battle Sister, Chocolat (Perfect Guard)
4 Battle Maiden, Sayorihime
4 Oracle Guardian, Gemini

Grade 2 (10)

4 Silent Tom
4 Battle Deity, Susanoo
2 Battle Sister, Tarte

Grade 3 (7)

4 CEO Amaterasu
3 Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu

Deck Total (50)

Since Silent Tom is now legal to run a playset of, 4 is definitely a must since I made changes from the original deck profile on YouTube. 8 Crits and 4 Draw should work for now, aside from that once you get everything for this decklist it should be running pretty solid for the most part.

I don't have much in terms of OTT stuff especially since I'm not allowed to trade and sell cards online however I think your best bet would be to order the Vanguard cards you need on eBay since that's the best site to get singles for especially for other TCG/CCG's as well. Hope that decklist and my advice helped you any.

Card Slinger J said:
Yakkov said:

It's okay you'll get there, here's a decklist of a Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu deck by Chan of DifferenceInSkill on YouTube:

Grade 0 (17)

4 Lozenge Magus (Heal Trigger)
4 Battle Sister, Tiramisu (Draw Trigger)
4 Battle Sister, Ginger (Critical Trigger)
4 Psychic Bird (Critical Trigger)
1 Little Witch, LuLu (Starting Vanguard)

Grade 1 (16)

4 Battle Sister, Cocoa
4 Battle Sister, Chocolat (Perfect Guard)
4 Battle Maiden, Sayorihime
4 Oracle Guardian, Gemini

Grade 2 (10)

4 Silent Tom
4 Battle Deity, Susanoo
2 Battle Sister, Tarte

Grade 3 (7)

4 CEO Amaterasu
3 Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu

Deck Total (50)

Since Silent Tom is now legal to run a playset of, 4 is definitely a must since I made changes from the original deck profile on YouTube. 8 Crits and 4 Draw should work for now, aside from that once you get everything for this decklist it should be running pretty solid for the most part.

I don't have much in terms of OTT stuff especially since I'm not allowed to trade and sell cards online however I think your best bet would be to order the Vanguard cards you need on eBay since that's the best site to get singles for especially for other TCG/CCG's as well. Hope that decklist and my advice helped you any.

Thank you :3 I'll try my best. I really appreciate the help =3

I just couldn't imagine playing one match like that.....I play in MtG tournaments all the time- Best out of three is the best for any card game.

I am not going to argue....it is.

For anyone interested, Bushiroad recently announced on the Official English Cardfight!! Vanguard Website that they're going to be streaming the English Dub of the Vanguard Anime Series on Hulu. Too bad they couldn't get the series aired on North American Cable TV on channels like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, NickToons, DisneyXD, etc. but it's still better than nothing I guess.

http://cf-vanguard.com/en/information/press-releases/hulu/

Here is a partition to get CFV on Cartoon Network. I would just LOVE for this game to blow up!

http://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-i-want-the-cartoon-network-in-u-s-to-air-cardfight-vanguard#

I honestly have this sort of "vendetta" for getting CFV more popular because of my FLGS being jerks- They had CFV tournaments for like a month and they were a huge success, and then they stopped for no reason. When I asked about it- they told me this game wasn't going anywhere, to which I replied- "I remember when you guys said that about yugioh"

You think that would be enough to make them rethink their statement- but they really try and not have anything that isnt magic. And they killed off all the other game stores in town. (Hobby town is the Wal-mart of game stores)

The sad part is that not very many people want to sign the petition because they're worried that If the Cardfight!! Vanguard English Dub does get aired on Cartoon Network here in North America it will get heavily censored/edited like what 4Kids did with Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Piece, Pokemon and alot of their other Anime Dubs before filing for bankruptcy awhile back since now there's no way for 4Kids to get the Pokemon license back from Pokemon USA to get the original voice actors of the Anime series back before they left during Hoenn, it hasn't been the same since Veronica Taylor no longer does the voice for Ash Ketchum.

You'll probably have the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) cracking down on the Cardfight!! Vanguard English Dub being aired on Cartoon Network in North America for what they believe to be inappropriate content such as boob cleavage of female characters in the Anime, certain depictions of the card units in the TCG being played in the Anime which might cause religious rights groups especially PETA to get all riled up about for no apparent reason, and it might even cause illustrations on the actual cards to get heavily censored just like with Yu-Gi-Oh!. I'd hate to see Bushiroad get into the kind of lawsuits with Vanguard that 4Kids, UDE, and Konami faced with Yu-Gi-Oh! in the last decade.

Good points-

How I was looking at it was- if there was a censored version, so be it. Its not like people wont find it on the internet anyhow. But I forgot how konami started to censor english cards! That would be the equivalent of defecating on the mona lisa in my mind!

NetFlix might of been better then hulu- I dont know anyone who has hulu, but I know tons of people with netflix.

I dont know- I would love to see a boom with CFV- just like how yugioh boomed. I guess it is spreading around rather quickly on its own merits.
I kept hearing about it and gave it a shot- and I do not like the TCG model now that I can play LCGs and anything but magic has never "Filled that void" for me (If you know what I mean) untill CFV.

Back