Cyber Monday/Black Friday Deals?

RE: Pokemon black friday deals?

Hey guys sorry for not replying but i also have one more question. Have you seen deals on booster packs/boxes on those websites or may know the price Im thinking of buying my first booster box along with other packs.

I've found them on eBay for under $90, free shipping too. Sometimes I've had to submit my best offer (if applicable) and just haggle with the seller.

What kind of booster box are you looking for?

RE: Pokemon Black Friday Deals?

I managed to get a 2 booster packs for $5 at toys r us last year idk but im thinking they might do it again this year

I was wondering if there are any Cyber Monday/Black Friday Deals? Target? ToysRus? Any websites doing it? Any advertisements you saw about Pokemon TCG products on sale for Black Friday?

FujiKing said:
I was wondering if there are any Cyber Monday/Black Friday Deals? Target? ToysRus? Any websites doing it? Any advertisements you saw about Pokemon TCG products on sale for Black Friday?

Toys R Us has a promo for Black Friday on tins, B1G1 for $5. Unfortunately, unless you can price match the tin's price from somewhere else (which might be hard considering they're never featured in ads or on websites of most major retailers), this isn't much of a deal, cause they usually run like $24 at TRU.

This week they've got B1G1 50% off on everything, still not much of a deal because of their MSRP markups. Stick to online deals (that probably won't be advertised early) and your friendly local game store.

Hmm did you find that off somewhere? So ToysRus is getting a deal on cards, if so what time should I be there at midnight or afternoon?

FujiKing said:
Hmm did you find that off somewhere? So ToysRus is getting a deal on cards, if so what time should I be there at midnight or afternoon?

Well, like Bob said, Toys R Us is having a "deal"...their prices are such that unless you really love the aggravation of Black Friday shopping, I'd avoid them altogether. I don't buy new cards anymore, but it looks like tins normally range in price between $15 to $20...the cheapest tins I could find at Toys R Us online are $20, with newer tins around $23/24. Either deal (this week's B1G1 50% off OR Black Friday's B1G1 for $5) is going to save you at most a couple bucks.

If you still insist about going to Toys R Us for Pokémon cards on Black Friday, though, I really, really doubt you'd need to be there at midnight. I wouldn't say Pokémon cards are what people are going to be shopping for that time of night. You should be fine to go in the afternoon.

In my Toys R Us ad it said Pokemon cards are BOGO 50% off until next Sunday. I don't know if that's universal or not, but besides, TRU packs are always at least a dollar higher than every other store...

Yeah the sales starts at 5PM on thursday and im sure they wont be gone super fast. btw are packs also on sale cuz i would like to pick some up as well because tins can be overpriced

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
In my Toys R Us ad it said Pokemon cards are BOGO 50% off until next Sunday. I don't know if that's universal or not, but besides, TRU packs are always at least a dollar higher than every other store...

Two weeks ago they were doing BOGO 40% which made their products the same price as everyone else's.

Is Walgreens doing the sale again? I remember a few years back there was an "all toys over 10 dollars" sale, so I got a handful of Typhlosion Prime tins for a few bucks each. (back when Typhlosion Prime was playable)

My toysrus has the sale until today, buy 1 card merch get 1 half off. But yeah overall it would be just a savings of $1 for 2 packs, and no savings on 2 tins. Crazy thing is.... my tru completely sold out of the new binders, ALL LT packs, and almost everything else pokemon cards is gone. Same for pokemon toys and ninja turtles toys. wiped out!

Binx345 said:
My toysrus has the sale until today, buy 1 card merch get 1 half off. But yeah overall it would be just a savings of $1 for 2 packs, and no savings on 2 tins. Crazy thing is.... my tru completely sold out of the new binders, ALL LT packs, and almost everything else pokemon cards is gone. Same for pokemon toys and ninja turtles toys. wiped out!

That's crazy! My TRU even still has tons of Call of Legends packs. Hardly anyone buys Pokemon cards in my area anymore, let alone at a TRU where they jack up the prices. I'm just hoping my store puts on a special clearance on packs one of these days to get rid of stock. Probably won't happen, but, meh, I can dream.

Jonnygflea said:
I managed to get a 2 booster packs for $5 at toys r us last year idk but im thinking they might do it again this year
I don't think its going to be that cheap from Pokémon x and y just coming out.

Can always check your local shop. My shop is doing 30% off storewide.

I was looking at the black friday deals and I saw at toys r us they are having a buy 1 tin get one for $5. I don't think this is a very good deal considering tins at toys r us are at least $20.

True ToysRus is overpriced, the last time I went to ToysRus I saw Tins for like $25 and if it's buy 1 get 1 for $5 then that wouldn't be much a deal because my local card shop has tins for $15 each.

Sears is offering Pokémon X or Y at $10 off.

Back