Cyber Monday/Black Friday Deals?

RE: Pokemon Black Friday Deals?

I saw that Walmart is offering Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity for $25 instead of $40.

I don't think they're doing boosters, but my local store is doing 15% off singles and accessories Friday and Saturday. Sometimes their prices are a little out of date, but usually if you tell them they will match places like troll and toad.

Just went black friday shopping, checked ToysRus and it was overpriced. I didn't really see 'Buy 1 get one for $5' , all I saw was a pile of tins saying Pokemon Tins $25-32 which was dumb.

Went to Nintendo World on Black Friday, didn't get any deals. (surprise)
At least I tried!

And you could always try Cyber Monday and give Amazon a shot to see what deals you could get!

Same I went to Nintendo World on Black Friday and there were no deals on Pokemon.

It is getting close to that time of year. Everyone start looking so we all can save money.

I buy my booster packs at Frank & Sons because some vendors offer 4 packs for $11 or even $10. And normally at my local Walmart, one booster pack is $4.15 It's not a huge save, but it's pretty cool.

There have been sales on tins and stuff in previous years (just look over previous posts in this thread to see people discussing it), and of course online retailers are also likely to have promotions.

Patriots Fan said:
omahanime said:
It is getting close to that time of year. Everyone start looking so we all can save money.

Does Pokemon stuff actually get Black Friday discounts?

Toys-R-Us normally does a Black Friday sale. I think 1 year it was 25% off, instead of a pack for $5 it was $3.75. Not a great bargain, but it gave us choices.

I remember a few years ago I was excitedly flipping through the Black Friday papers for an hour, but all I found for TCG was the Toys-R-Us discount, which was pretty much just them going from overpriced to normal priced blister packs. I'll keep an eye out for anything that might be new this year, though.

Big box stores like Walmart, Target, etc. generally don't consider tabletop games a big profit center, so they typically don't make them down for Black Friday. That's also why they tend to be shoved off in a corner near the front of the store . Aftter five years of working at Walmart, I've set to see a markdown on Pokemon or any other TCG unless they're trying to clear out old inventory (in which case the cards are probably rotated). Amazon and other online sellers might have offers, as they can basically tailor deals based on your personal purchase history. I've actually found booster boxes priced as low as $90-ish + shipping on some sites, and that's not a sale price. If you split the box with a friend that's only $45-$50 for eighteen packs.

You can also post Black Friday specials on Pokémon toys, plushes, or video games. It can be national or regional chains. NO local stores.

Hopefully, Amazon can get some really good deals on singles and tins this year, because I'm looking for quite a lot. My younger brother wants a Chesnaught tin, and I'm hoping that I can get some good deals on the new Metal Types, specifically Bronzong and Heatran. I also need a LOT of Trainers from Phantom Forces, like VS Seeker, Trump Card, Xerosic, Head Ringer, and some reprints like Shauna, DCE, and Red Card.

As for retail stores, the only kind of assorted products I'm looking to get are the Greninja Promo Blisters, and some packs from Phantom Forces in general. What deals are usually at Target?

Our Local toys r us does a buy 1 get 1 free to clear stock usually. Thats about 4 packs for 10$ so you save about 6$

Five Below is going to have buy one get one 50% off on Phantom Forces booster packs on Black Friday.

i_Five-Below-2014-Pokemon-XY-Phantom-Force-Cards-BFAds-1415360469.jpg

onionsaur said:
Our Local toys r us does a buy 1 get 1 free to clear stock usually. Thats about 4 packs for 10$ so you save about 6$

Seriously? Wow. My TRU runs a BOGO 20-40% off about twice a year. They charge $5 a pack, so of course they're overrun with packs. They still have a ton of Next Destinies-Boundaries Crossed packs. I wish they'd run a BOGO free special every once in a while.

My Meijers is having a 20% all TCG products including packs/tins/promo boxes/elite trainer boxes right now.

A pack usually costs $4.19, now they cost $3.35. Elite Trainer Boxes usually cost $41.99, now $33.59.

3 pack blisters cost $12.99, but on sale for about 10 bucks, Flashfire 3 packs are as low as $8.79.

Their promo boxes are actually overpriced at $21.99, so the deal isn't really worth it on those. Tins are also not much cheaper then other places.

The Target exclusive shiny meta gross box will be 32.99 instead of 49.99 on black friday, it's in the official black friday ad.

Back