BW/BW2 Dento's typing revealed?

frostwind said:
ok i saw it. and i appreciate you giving me a hard time. (not sarcasm) its nice to get other ideas that are different from mine. having a fir/wtr/grs gym could teach newbies how to battle against your own type, types your weak against, and those you have an advantage over.

Exactly. The reason rock/ground types were used for the first gyms in the other regions is because 2/3 of the starters were super effective against it (sorry fire starters). But by giving the first gym leader a mix team incorporating the 3 starter types, it would give the new player a quick and easy learning experience. Not to mention it be a nice change.

Looks as though Dento will be using Yanappu (Broccoli monkey). Question is, if my theory holds true, what would the other two pokemon be? Hihdurama,the new octopus pokemon, presuming it is a water type, or maybe the new fish pokemon Basurao?

im hoping for monocoli/moncoli hihidarumas prevo and a nonfish water type. but not the staters since you have one, belle has the weaker one, the other dude has the stonger one and under normal cirumctanse a person only gets one starter.

Ok, I also think Dento will be a grass leader now. My guess is that he will have a Shikijika (or two). Plus a Yanappu as his 'main' Pokemon.

(While him having a Kurumiru is possible, it just wouldn't feel right to be in a grass gym).

both the otter and the pig is seen at a rocky battlefield which can mean he is a fire type user or Ash has obtained both the fire/water otter
(i just think “why would ash use a water {W} type in a grass {G} gym?”)

dmaster> I think Hellion was trying to just simply put out that he would want to see multitype gym in the Isshu region. Just as an example he used Aloe. Aloe being a Chef, he invisioned her as having pokemon that eat a lot, for example Swalot or Munchlax, but because no eating/fat pokemon have been discovered in Isshu as of yet, he was just using other generation pokemon as an example.

It just had to do with the thought of Dento being some sort of multitype gym.

TheAmazingGrass/SteelUser said:
both the otter and the pig is seen at a rocky battlefield which can mean he is a fire type user or Ash has obtained both the fire/water otter
(i just think “why would ash use a water {W} type in a grass {G} gym?”)

Why would Ash use an electric type pokemon (Pikachu) against a rock gym leader who owned a geodude and an onix? It was all he had, well besides Pidgeotto and Butterfree( was that thing already evolved or not).

Anyways, Ash will probably only have two pokemon when he reaches the first gym. Mijumaru was seen in the gym battle, so odds are it is Ash's. So he will probably have Pikachu, Mijumaru, and maybe Gible if it tags along, unknowningly or not.

The broccoli Pokemon would fit into Dento's gym because it looks like Dento is a grass leader and if Dento says "It's tasting time!" He's probably joking saying to ash that ash should eat his vegetables.

Playerking95 said:
The broccoli Pokemon would fit into N's gym because it looks like N is a grass leader and if N says "It's tasting time!" He's probably joking saying to ash that ash should eat his vegetables.

N? N isn't a gym leader last time I checked.

This is on PokeBeach's main page:

Dento is the first Gym Leader of the Isshu region and will be joining Ash, Iris, and her Kibago on their journey (he's Brock's replacement while Iris is Dawn's).

Brock is/was a rock-type gym leader, as well as being the first gym leader you encounter in Kanto, and I was thinking that if Dento is his replacement, he may also be a rock-type gym leader. After all, there are already two known similarities - that they are both gym leaders, and their gyms are the first ones you encounter in 2 of the regions; why not a third similarity?

The only question is: if this is all true, why does the badge have red, green and blue on it?

timeshift said:
The only question is: if this is all true, why does the badge have red, green and blue on it?

The badge is Blue, Red, and Green most likely because Dento asks the Trainer questions about typing, using the three main types, Water, Fire and Grass.

the only ground type gym leader was Giovanni we have had two grass type gym leaders (Erika & Gardeniar) so lets hope that its ground

no ground should be last. ground has one of the biggest variety. i know they cant have past gen. but for example a team of mamoswine camperupt torterra flygon claydol garchomp quagsire nidoking among others. im hoping for a grd/rck gym in a cave or the desert

Timeshift said:
This is on PokeBeach's main page:

Brock is/was a rock-type gym leader, as well as being the first gym leader you encounter in Kanto, and I was thinking that if Dento is his replacement, he may also be a rock-type gym leader. After all, there are already two known similarities - that they are both gym leaders, and their gyms are the first ones you encounter in 2 of the regions; why not a third similarity?

Your quote means little to nothing. All it meant was that as Brock is leaving so Dento will take his place among the main cast. Nothing more was meant to be taken out of it.

Another site has confirmed that Dento owns Mr. Broccoli. So, a Grass type Gym is quite possible now!

Back