BW/BW2 Get your in-game teams rated!

RE: In-game Team Rates

@ dragonexpert
XAV said nothing about competetive, hes only asking about in game stuff so double team wouldnt matter, and its actually very good in game. Its also not banned from the subway or random matches.

If he chooses to become interested in competitive battling, he will need to know that. I believe it to be better to raise your Defense and Attack so you dish out more damage and take less damage than the opponent getting a hit and doing more damage.

Are Soul Silver teams allowed here, even though it's in the 5th gen thread...?
In the beginning it WAS for Platinum, I believe.

Yoda 432 said:
Are Soul Silver teams allowed here, even though it's in the 5th gen thread...?
In the beginning it WAS for Platinum, I believe.

Yes. As you said, this used to be for 4th Gen. But a once-in-a-great while posting of a 4th Gen team can't hurt much. Also, the Nuzlocke Challenge thread used to be 4th Gen, but it's in this forum for 5th Gen challenges and for easy availability and visibility.

hey guys ..i was wonderin if this is a good team to take on the battle subway:
Kingdra : Hydro pump, Dragon Pulse , Ice beam, Rain dance (Wave Inscense)
Haxorus : Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Shadow Claw (Dragon Fang)
Umbreon: Toxic, Moonlight, Curse, Payback (Leftovers)

Appreciate any advice...:D

I wouldnt use 2 dragon types, especially ones as frail as that...and Rain Dance is a waste here, Id make this a RD team or switch out that move for maybe Draco Meteor.

so ..remove 1 dragon ..and replace rain dance with draco meteor ...aight thnx^_^

uhm which water pokemon would you recommend to put in kingdra 's place?

Well, I dont really know. If I were you Id keep kingdra the way he was before and do a rain dance team. Propably because I like weather teams the most, but its up to you. If you want to keep your team as it is without kingdra...a bulky fast special attacker Id say.

Sharpedo is not vewry bulky and a physical sweeper :)

And milotic is slow.

Um...it doesnt neccesarily ahve to be a water type.

ok ok ..im kinda new to this whole competitive battling haha. thnx for ur advice ...i have decided on starmie :p

thats a pretty good choice. Id suggest recovery, surf/hydro pump, ice beam, thunderbolt/psyshock with leftovers :)

Hope that has helped

The best Starmie set, IMO, is Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Fire/Psyshock and Expert Belt/Life Orb. Starmie is far too frail for Recover(no y) to be worth it.

Starmie is not as frail as you make it out to be. And Iv seen many a starmie run recover (yes no y, I was thinking as a recovery type of move, thanks for the correction)

Shadow Arceus said:
The best Starmie set, IMO, is Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Fire/Psyshock and Expert Belt/Life Orb. Starmie is far too frail for Recover(no y) to be worth it.
It really depends on the set. Sets that are more designed to support tend to be EV'd more defensively. On those ones, Recover can work nicely. Typically you might see Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Recover. The last move really depends on what the team needs. Rest actually isn't half bad when you consider Starmie has the ability Natural Cure.

Never thought of Rest starmie. But I thought most abilities that protect pokemon from status or lowering of a stat dont do that if the user inflicts it. Isnt that right?

Back