Lostgar [ Gengar (Prime) / Lost World ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Card Slinger J: Absol G can use Special Darkness Energy or use Crobat G's Flash Bite.

so guys.......with lost world comfirmed......there will be 2 decks in the meta.....LostGar and its varients.....and LostGar counters.....LETS MAKE COUNTERS FOR BOTH.....IN ONE DECK

The counters... DGX? Absol G X?Machamp? Everyone doesn't really have to be worried. I tested LostGar. It's AWFUL!!!! I switched to CurseGar. Still bad.

^ how does DGX counter it...if they run mew it would devistate it but with actual gengar then there is no hurt. they dont hurt you at all its just all focused on your hand.

the counters are going to be eather absol or....idk. umbreon? so why counter absol with absol.

i guess machamp...you would have to have 4 bench guys with damage on them to OHKO and even then you have palkia x to worry about.

what people fail to realize its that as soon as people see gastly they wouldn't hold pokemon in their hand. they will have to rely on seeker too much. which in return will slow them down not been able to use collector and bebes

^ spititomb....looker....judge....just a couple ways around that. you may not keep poke in your hand but they can give you a new hand and get rid of those poke

Machamp and DGX are only if your opponent runs Mew Prime.

Edit: You don't have to draw any cards with Lookers.

im trying to think what is worse...no options with no cards in your hand or just drawing and taking a chance. i guess you could just draw the five and the instant you get PONT stop...but you could have already drawn a poke.

Ya. Once I was playing DialgaChomp and I was Looker'd first card: DGX. Sent to LZ, nothing O could do.

^ i had an idea for lostgar with a 1-1 slowking tech so you make your opponent always draw a poke. it would have to be a poke they cant use. that slowking is a pain when you dont have a hand.

catutie said:
^ i had an idea for lostgar with a 1-1 slowking tech so you make your opponent always draw a poke. it would have to be a poke they cant use. that slowking is a pain when you don't have a hand.

Yeah one of my friends I think plays that in his LostGar deck, VileGar also runs Slowking HGSS as a tech as well. I think this all boils down to Mesprit LA seeing more play than it did when Legos died out last format.

I wouldn't be surprised If Grumpig TR gets more play, maybe. Who knows.

Palkia G Lv.X is going to be one of the best things you could put into the deck. This way they have two options: Hold onto pokemon and have them Fill their bench and get them Hurled into Darkness or fill up their bench only to have Pokemon Lost Cycloned anyways. I like the Mr. Mime from Lost Link too, getting to look at your opponents hand every turn could be handy.

^ i can see noctowl seeing play to. being able to see your opponents hand will be a big thing in lostgar

@Stereochild
They can use Bebes or Communication to get it away. Or Junk Arm/ Regimove in Gyarados.

Before the rotation, players are most probably going to run 3x Gengar prime and 1x gengar lv. x since he can use the abilities of the prime, which, as a matter of fact will help a lot against sp decks, which are heavily based on lvl. x's. Mew prime could be used, although i wouldn't consider attaching an expert belt to mew. here are some stuff that could be teched in lostgar:

4x gastly
3x haunter
3x gengar prime (hurl and spread damage)
1x gengar lv. x (definite spread, and level down)
4x crobat g (obviously to be used with some poketurns)
4x mew prime (backup, and easy ko'er)
2x absol g
2x absol g lv. x
2x palkia g
2x palkia g lv. x

Absol G shouldn't be run in this deck. Absol has two bad factors:

1) What if they don't have any Pokemon in the top three cards in their deck?

2) Way too flippy.

Yes, you can Poketurn it.

I guess it'd be okay in mirror... I still don't see running it, though.

I can say that all I want, however, I have yet to test it in the deck, so I could be very much wrong.

27 Pokemon? Versus Mirror?

No Uxie/Azelf?

There's no way you're winning Mirror.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back