Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: You must have AIM or Skype (MSN or Yahoo IM is acceptable but not preferred) at the time of the interview. This is a requirement.
I feel a lot better now since I don't have any of these things, nor do I plan to get them. PB Chat is all I need and all I want.
And I just noticed this addendum. =D

I'd like Skype, but I don't know how to download it, haha. Not to mention I thought that it was only Video... I'll look into that again.

SotS said:
I'd like Skype, but I don't know how to download it, haha. Not to mention I thought that it was only Video... I'll look into that again.

It's video and audio, but you have the option of solely IM'ing.

I have a question. What kind of information does the COPPA disallow people under 13 to give?

Flare said:
I have a question. What kind of information does the COPPA disallow people under 13 to give?

• Pictures
  • Where you live
  • Email/Phone Numbers
  • Social Security numbers
  • Name
  • Height/weight
  • Credit Card numbers
  • Your Parents names
  • Money
  • Where you go to school
  • Anything for that matter
It's to protect anybody from fraud or kids from being kidnapped. It's really for the best, because you can't trust everybody on the internet :3

I'm not signing up, mainly because I want others to enjoy this opportunity and because I couldn't do the job well D:

I also like that people with under 20 post are signing up, it makes me laugh.

In that case, would it be possible to sign up if your under 13, just leaving out info like your age and stuff? It won't hurt anyone if you tell about your qualities, and I know a lot of 10-12 year olds would love to give this a try (including me).

Flare said:

Basically put, anything that's considered personal information. Example is where you live (State or Country)

Flare said:
In that case, would it be possible to sign up if your under 13, just leaving out info like your age and stuff? It won't hurt anyone if you tell about your qualities, and I know a lot of 10-12 year olds would love to give this a try (including me).

No, because the information is required for the application.

flipjeff1313 said:
I was just wondering, is it okay to be long? Because I think I'm at 4 pages already... :p

The longer the better I always say. There's no penalty for length.

dmaster out.

Alright, thanks! I already emailed my application. Hopefully you read it fully and don't just judge me due to the lack of posts I have...

Good Luck to everyone else who participates! :)

Don't apply if you're not 13+. It's a simple rule as that. Most people younger than 13 won't be able to handle this, no offense.

You wanted my opinion lol.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Don't apply if you're not 13+. It's a simple rule as that. Most people younger than 13 won't be able to handle this, no offense.

dmaster out.

^This, because no offense, children can't handle something like this.

I also find it weird that the people with 50 and under post are applying. Isn't the point of a mod to be active, and having 50 and under post doesn't show much interest :/ No offense.

After reading the first post, I should totally sign up for this. Expect my PM soon fo sho.

This is thread is so funny.

I'm gonna apply, but whoever reads my application, don't call me by my real name!

dmaster said:

dmaster out.
I respect your opinion, and I see your point, but people just a few months younger than 13 aren't necessarily less mature than people who are 13. It depends on the person. But I'm not going to start an argument, as if you don't want to follow my suggestion, I'll apply next year.

Guy89 said:
This is thread is so funny.

I'm gonna apply, but whoever reads my application, don't call me by my real name!

Only WPM will read it, and I doubt he would remember your name and always use it, especially if you don't wish him to.

TheDarkLucario said:
^This, because no offense, children can't handle something like this.

I also find it weird that the people with 50 and under post are applying. Isn't the point of a mod to be active, and having 50 and under post doesn't show much interest :/ No offense.
exactly. i'm applying only cuz i feel this forum needs some work.

I'm curious as to if this application involves Trade Council positions as well. I don't think the task of all-around moderator would suit me well considering that I'm not particularly active in posting outside of the Trading Forum (though I do spend a lot of time lurking in General Discussion), but I am nonetheless interested in a leadership position at PokeBeach, and I think SR mentioned the possibility of new Trade Council recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back