NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Freeman had a good second season then fell off the map. The V-Jax signing before last season and the drafting of Doug Martin should have helped him out, but inexplicably didn't.

@ SDB, I miss hosting fantasy leagues - prolly gonna do something for fantasy football this year when the servers for ESPN open. You down? Would need about six others at least, though...

CCloud said:
@ SDB, I miss hosting fantasy leagues - prolly gonna do something for fantasy football this year when the servers for ESPN open. You down? Would need about six others at least, though...

I'm down, I'll participate in the Fantasy Football league, CC.

About Freeman, something's just not there. He should've taken the next step as a QB, but seems to have regressed past his great statistical second season.

CCloud said:
Freeman had a good second season then fell off the map. The V-Jax signing before last season and the drafting of Doug Martin should have helped him out, but inexplicably didn't.

I'd love to join your league. It seems like a cool idea, as I've only played once on NFL.com.

Freeman had the skills to, but for some reason he couldn't preform like he used to. This year will probably be his last no matter what, they're probably not seeing any improvement.

At least Freeman's still better then any QB on the Browns or the Cardinals.

Speaking of those two teams; Colt McCoy was traded to San Francisco; good for him. He deserves a chance to win.

And, the Raiders and Cardinals are in the midst of a trade that would send Carson Palmer to the desert, but there's a snag as Palmer doesn't want to restructure his contract to be sent to Arizona.

Who's that new guy playing for the Browns? Brandon Weeden? He's not to good either. I don't think he lived up to McCoy's standards, but he didn't pass them either. I think that both of them aren't as good as people say they are. Also, Alex Smith going to the Chiefs? Maybe they just wanted to get rid of that contract. Carson Palmer, he still has hope. Maybe two more good years, like back in 2005 in Cincinnati. His completion was 67.9. Not bad, he still deserves a chance, no matter where he goes.

That makes three, have at least three more in mind who might be interested in a fantasy football league. If you're interested, post here, PM me, something.

Tails said:
And, the Raiders and Cardinals are in the midst of a trade that would send Carson Palmer to the desert, but there's a snag as Palmer doesn't want to restructure his contract to be sent to Arizona.

Well, apparently it's official; Carson Palmer has been traded to the Arizona Cardinals about a day or so after the Raiders acquired Matt Flynn from Seattle.

Arizona only sends a conditional 7th-round draft pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, but the Raiders will receive it only if Carson Palmer starts more then 13 games for Arizona. Which should be pretty much a given considering the QB's still on Arizona's roster.

Tails said:
Well, apparently it's official; Carson Palmer has been traded to the Arizona Cardinals about a day or so after the Raiders acquired Matt Flynn from Seattle.

Arizona only sends a conditional 7th-round draft pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, but the Raiders will receive it only if Carson Palmer starts more then 13 games for Arizona. Which should be pretty much a given considering the QB's still on Arizona's roster.

>Raiders give the Bungles two first round picks to get Palmer
>Cardinals only give the Raiders a seventh round pick conditionally to get Palmer

If Carson could at least bring Arizona to .500 W-PCT, or above .500 W-PCT; the Arizona got a steal for only a 7th-round pick.

If the Cardinals do reach .500 it won't be because of Palmer alone. That team is still horrible outside of Fitzgerald and their secondary

Carson Palmer is a freaking crybaby. He's quit on every team he's played for, and is only playing for the money now. I kind of like the cards, but I certainly won't be cheering for Carson Palmer.

Jay said:
Carson Palmer is a freaking crybaby. He's quit on every team he's played for, and is only playing for the money now. I kind of like the cards, but I certainly won't be cheering for Carson Palmer.

I don't see him lasting down there that long. I have a feeling Carson is going to burn some bridges down there.

Awesome - if everyone stays committed we'll have 8 easily, possibly up to 10 participants.

Fantasy stats officially accumulate and matchups begin once the first regular season NFL game starts.

Back