PlasmaKlang

SheNinja said:
The Klinklang line imo should be 4-1-3 or 4-0-3 with DEX Klink, DEX Klang (If applicable), and PS Klinklang. But for some reason people like BW Klinklang too...

BW Klinklang is part of what makes the deck so great. It kinda makes up for the lack of energy accle. in the deck (without EtherDex of course).

Another question, do you believe Keldeo EX to be a staple or tech in this deck? I personally don't run it any more, but it does help against fire types (especially Reshiram).

It is a StapTech. In some builds you need to play it because of a lack of Switch/Escape Rope. It should be very useful against Fire Types.

Keeper of Night said:
Another question, do you believe Keldeo EX to be a staple or tech in this deck? I personally don't run it any more, but it does help against fire types (especially Reshiram).

I usually don't like to dub things "staples" just because I feel nothing is a must, unless it's so obviously a staple, like Sableye in Darkrai decks. So I'm not going to say Keldeo is a staple in this deck, but I do really like it.

If your opponent can start using Victini or Moltres on turn 2 or 3 before you can retaliate it's attacks (not the attack Retaliate), Keldeo can be a sort of wall with Max Potion to give you time to build up energy. Or just keep the energy on Keldeo if they decide to not attack into it.

It also can be really helpful against Darkrai/Laser decks, since you'll run out of Switch/Escape Rope before they run out of Lasers, so if you whiff the Switch one turn, Keldeo reduces the damage Klinklang will take by 60.

Keldeo EX will be worthy of a slot in your deck knowing that people will be teching Fire pokemon to counter Plasmaklang. If you can keep your Keldeo EX alive and knock out their sole fire pokemon (hopefully they dont run revive or super rod ) then the plasmaklang player has a better chance of winning.

On the flip side, do you think it is worth running plasmaklang in the first week of states knowing probably most of the good players would be prepared against it?

I don't think the first week will be viable but maybe for the following weeks. If it wins then don't play it the next week.

RobertBenjamin said:
On the flip side, do you think it is worth running plasmaklang in the first week of states knowing probably most of the good players would be prepared against it?

That's a good question. I don't think it really matters, any 'good' player will be prepared for it no matter what week of States it is.

I'm just saying that the "other" players will either be prepared for it or playing it, raising the awareness for it to pop up, making it more widely teched against.

But it doesn't mean PlasmaKlang isn't viable. You can still outlast their techs (if it's just a Victini or two) if you've set up properly. Will you stop playing Keldeo/Blastoise when you know someone may tech in Shaymin-EX? No. Because the deck is still very solid. Will you stop playing Darkrai because Terrakion and Landorus are still out there? No. The same goes for this deck. Thankfully, decks other than Keldeo/Blastoise and Darkrai/Hydreigon only tech in a couple cards against PlasmaKlang. Take out those, and you should be golden.

Serperior nailed it. Just because this deck has some hard times with certain techs doesn't mean it's unplayable and there's ways around them. The only matchup that this deck really has almost no chance of winning is the Rayeels one because if they run Victini, they also run 1-2 Super rod to get it back which this deck just can't handle. Other than that though, just because a Victini or Moltres hits the field doesn't mean you've lost.

And to add on, you can also tech against their techs, 4 WLFM blends, and a keldeo and you will be good to go against that Moltres and Victini.

Baby_BI said:
And to add on, you can also tech against their techs, 4 WLFM blends, and a keldeo and you will be good to go against that Moltres and Victini.

You would only need 1 Blend to KO a Moltres, and 0 for Victini, so Blends aren't really all that necessary. Assuming the first thing they do with there Fire tech is take down the Pokemon with all your energy on it, you would still have to survive a few hits to build up enough Energy to KO the Pokemon.
I think the best counter to Victini for this deck is Mewtwo and DCE, since you can just plop em both down and KO the thing.
Moltres is a different story, since it has too much HP for Mewtwo + DCE. Keldeo and Blends is probably the best way to deal with Moltres to be honest. Unless your opponent isn't prepared for Mewtwo DCE, and they don't have something to KO the Mewtwo, then Mewtwo might work.

Actually Mewtwo + DCE can be used to get rid of Moltres. It's attack costs four energies, and that plus DCE is 120.

Mora said:
Actually Mewtwo + DCE can be used to get rid of Moltres. It's attack costs four energies, and that plus DCE is 120.

Moltres has to drop a fire to attack.

Just saying that Victini needs 1 a full bench and 2 a fire/prism plus another energy. Jus saying I played Plasmaklang at provincials and faced three decks with Victini and I still won. If you energy left over on the field then you are good to go.

It really depends on how much PlasmaBox is played. If it gets really popular, PlasmaKlang is going to die hard. I don't think it's that great of a deck right now though, and it only gets worse with the next set.

Re: RE: PlasmaKlang

Blah said:
It really depends on how much PlasmaBox is played. If it gets really popular, PlasmaKlang is going to die hard. I don't think it's that great of a deck right now though, and it only gets worse with the next set.

I got steamrolled twice by it...

I mean, I was using a bad deck, but still, Plasmaklang isn't awful at all. It just depends on who is prepared for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back