XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

I haven't unlocked any new music tracks for it and I currently have a 50+ streak in triples.

Chocolate Death said:
Time travel does not work with time and day based events. Never has. Not even on the original DS.
You can time travel to buy clothing items from clothes shops.
Pineapple X said:
Where can you switch Rotom's form?
Sycamore's lab

Does fixing the time for DST mess with the game thing? Heard if you change stuff things are refreshed for 3 days.

Meanwhile megastone hunting happens at 7 to 8 for me until i change it >_> can't find the garchomp one to save my life, checked all over victory road but pfffffffffff where is it /exactly/?

Whitefire said:
Does fixing the time for DST mess with the game thing? Heard if you change stuff things are refreshed for 3 days.

Meanwhile megastone hunting happens at 7 to 8 for me until i change it >_> can't find the garchomp one to save my life, checked all over victory road but pfffffffffff where is it /exactly/?

If you go to the place you battle Calem/Serena (when you first get there), then go left; there should be a cave entrance. Near there, there will be a small lighthouse-like building that you need Rock Smash to get in; Garchompite will be there.
It gave me trouble to find it as well, but there are vids on youtube on where it is - just type in 'Pokemon X and Y Garchompite' or something and there'll be vids coming up on where to find it.

Artemis said:
Once your Pokémon has Max EVs (whether those EVs come from Super Training or not), you can level your Pokémon however you want, restaurants, league, rare candies, etc. The power items only increase EVs gained so they don't do anything after your Pokémon has full EVs. Hope this answers your question satisfactorily!

I just realize this is not answer I wanted to hear...probably... I meant more stats than EV because all mons have thier final stats at lv 100 and they can get +x during level gaining, so if I lving up on restaurant, this mean I destroy my lv100 team full potential?

shinjiru77788 said:
Artemis said:
Once your Pokémon has Max EVs (whether those EVs come from Super Training or not), you can level your Pokémon however you want, restaurants, league, rare candies, etc. The power items only increase EVs gained so they don't do anything after your Pokémon has full EVs. Hope this answers your question satisfactorily!

I just realize this is not answer I wanted to hear...probably... I meant more stats than EV because all mons have thier final stats at lv 100 and they can get +x during level gaining, so if I lving up on restaurant, this mean I destroy my lv100 team full potential?

No it wont, you can reset and re super train a level 100 and it'll get the stats of where it had EV training.

you don't understand....or Im too stupid for this : /
for example; I fully EV trained pokemon in HP it's full hp base stat at lv 100 is 400
Im started gaining levels and I got at level up +4 to hp from audino, but + 1 from other pokemon, and again +4 from audino
does this mean, that literally I can't just gaining levels, but I MUST train on certain mons to reach this HP 400 at lv. 100? or it'll reach it's desired HP anyway?

shinjiru77788 said:
you don't understand....or Im too stupid for this : /
for example; I fully EV trained pokemon in HP it's full hp base stat at lv 100 is 400
Im started gaining levels and I got at level up +4 to hp from audino, but + 1 from other pokemon, and again +4 from audino
does this mean, that literally I can't just gaining levels, but I MUST train on certain mons to reach this HP 400 at lv. 100? or it'll reach it's desired HP anyway?

Yes, you must train on specific Pokémon. You're probably better off Super Training.

but my pokemon IS fully EV train -________- in HP so, after super training, it's stat training is still continued by leveling up on HP based pokemons? or not? How to reach fully 400HP at lv 100 instead of 3/4 of it?

shinjiru77788 said:
but my pokemon IS fully EV train -________- in HP so, after super training, it's stat training is still continued by leveling up on HP based pokemons? or not? How to reach fully 400HP at lv 100 instead of 3/4 of it?

Once it's fully EV trained and level 100 its HP can only be boosted by HP up. Correct me if I'm wrong I'm still getting into this. Battling different pokemon once the EV's are maxed won't affect anything.

So how does teaching Rotom Hydro Pump work? Is it once you change its form or level up?

Momaster12 said:
So how does teaching Rotom Hydro Pump work? Is it once you change its form or level up?

Yes every form auto learns the move. Also auto deletes the move if you changed Rotom -H into Rotom -W. Each Rotom type has it's own respective move.

Pokewiz1999 said:
shinjiru77788 said:

Once it's fully EV trained and level 100 its HP can only be boosted by HP up. Correct me if I'm wrong I'm still getting into this. Battling different pokemon once the EV's are maxed won't affect anything.

Actually HP UP increases the Base Stat for HP just like EV training. HP UP won't work on a fully EV trained Pokémon.

To clarify for Shinjiru77788: Battling Pokémon gives your Pokémon EV. Your Pokémon can have a maximum of 510 EV with a maximum of 252/255 (not sure if they changed it this generation) per stat. You can therefore max out two stats or distribute it any other way. Once your Pokémon has 510 EV it cannot gain more EV. You can battle Pokémon without gaining any EV at this point. Even if you battle Pokémon and gain EV you don't want you can reset/lower specific EV with berries os use a Reset bag to reset all stats.

At level 100 4 EV equal one stat point. This means that when a Pokémon is level 100 and gains 4 EV you can see the stat increase right away after stats are updated. I believe stats are now updated right after each battle, but maybe you have to put it in the PC first.

If this still doesn't clarify, feel free to ask again, and I'll try again . :p

Drohn said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Actually HP UP increases the Base Stat for HP just like EV training. HP UP won't work on a fully EV trained Pokémon.

To clarify for Shinjiru77788: Battling Pokémon gives your Pokémon EV. Your Pokémon can have a maximum of 510 EV with a maximum of 252/255 (not sure if they changed it this generation) per stat. You can therefore max out two stats or distribute it any other way. Once your Pokémon has 510 EV it cannot gain more EV. You can battle Pokémon without gaining any EV at this point. Even if you battle Pokémon and gain EV you don't want you can reset/lower specific EV with berries os use a Reset bag to reset all stats.

At level 100 4 EV equal one stat point. This means that when a Pokémon is level 100 and gains 4 EV you can see the stat increase right away after stats are updated. I believe stats are now updated right after each battle, but maybe you have to put it in the PC first.

If this still doesn't clarify, feel free to ask again, and I'll try again . :p

It's still 252.

The maximum used to be 255 EV per stat, but you stopped noticing a difference after 252 EV, because it goes up one stat point per 4 EV. With Super Training it now automatically stops going beyond 252, making it easier to spend those final 6 EV effectively.

What I meant was that I am not sure whether this cap is only for Super Training or also for wild battles in XY.

Drohn said:
The maximum used to be 255 EV per stat, but you stopped noticing a difference after 252 EV, because it goes up one stat point per 4 EV. With Super Training it now automatically stops going beyond 252, making it easier to spend those final 6 EV effectively.

What I meant was that I am not sure whether this cap is only for Super Training or also for wild battles in XY.

Wild battles also. The EVs cannot go over 252 in any stat this generation.

Hey everyone! This is my first post. I've been having trouble getting smeargle to sketch destiny bond off of wobbuffet in the friend safari. He's sketched every move but it keeps failing on destiny bond? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help me out?

Shay said:
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I've been having trouble getting smeargle to sketch destiny bond off of wobbuffet in the friend safari. He's sketched every move but it keeps failing on destiny bond? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help me out?

Sketch needs to be used after the move you want to sketch, but before the next move (only for target pokemon) takes effect. You can't outspeed the first move or it will fail to sketch anything at all (plus, duplicate moves can't be sketched), so use something like a Lagging Tail (can be found on some wild slowpoke and lickitung)

Shay said:
Thank you so much! Going to try that!

Additionally, you can have better control over the moves you sketch by using Restaurant Le Yeah's double battles to sketch the moves of one of your own pokemon. This way, you don't have to track down or rely on wild/trainer pokemon using the "correct" move.

With all the changes and improvements to breeding in G6, have they created any way to influence what gender you get on your bred Pokemon? I'm trying to breed a female Fennekin, and that 1/8 chance has not been coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back