XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon Rumored To Be Retyped As Fairy

Bolt the Cat said:
P.DelSlayer said:
whoops, forgot that
Since Gardy now has a dual type, it would be nice to see the evo method of Gallage retconned.
It'd just be something like 'Male Kirlia evolve into Gallade at lv.30, females evolve into Gardevoir'
but that will never happen due to consistency reasons

They could get away with those kinds of retcons if 6th gen ends up not being compatible with 5th gen.
They didn't retcon Wobbuffet and Marill's ability to hatch from eggs when they both got prevos and gen 3 was incompatable with the first two gens... can't see why they'd do any sort of retconning now, especially since it seems highly unlikely they won't find some way to make the last gen games compatible with gen 6.

Bolt the Cat said:
They could get away with those kinds of retcons if 6th gen ends up not being compatible with 5th gen.

The one thing would be consistency. With evolution things, they tend to make them brand new (items, areas etc). (this is why Leafeon doesn't evolve with the Leaf Stone)
It would also be a bit confusing; why would Kirlia only become Gardevoir at level 30 in Gen.5, but could become a Gallade at that level without the Dawn Stone it's been using for 2 gens?
The only time they've changed an evolution method was with Feebas, but that was only since Beauty was removed in gen.5. (altho, I think if a max Beauty Feebas is transferred to gen5, it can still evolve that way)

With evolution matters, it's not that it would work if the 6th gen has no compatability with gen5, it's that it would have to stay consistent with the previous gens (like I said before, Feebas is the 1 Pokemon whose evolution method has been changed throughout the generations).

Alomomola would be nice to be retuned as fairy-type.

I really don't mind what gets retyped, just as long as my dear Misdreavus and Mismagius get their deserved Fairy type.

I just want my precious Milotic to get a fairy typing. Milotic just oozes fairy type and that makes me want it more!!!

Dudes do you know the definition of a fairy ?
Wiki says : " fairies are generally described as human in appearance and having magical power." (Describing all humanoid psychic pokemon in my opinio - humans with special/telecenetic powers). The definition continues : "...being variously dead or some form of demon... ". (In my opinion an example for ghost pokemon like misdreaveus)
Of course there are several other possibilities like azumarill with the idea it is based on a moon rabbit...

So I think these pokemon could be fairy typed :
-chansey / blissey (because of it's courteous behaviour and it looks like an obesed woman :p )

-mew (no question)

-bellossom ( resembles a nature spirit in my opinion )

-celebi (deity of the forest ?

-volbeat /illumise ( like bellossom I think these insects are like little humans with another shape)

-milotic (looks like a watersnake / like a water deity )

-jiraichi (loosing its pointless steel type / looking like a fairy princess)

-misdreaveus/mismagius ( like i said above demons are considered fairies too)

-the lake trio ( no question)

-audino ( like chansey)

-gothitelle ( like guardevoir)

-meloetta ( being fairy / psychic and fairy / fighting )

-mawile ( humanoid shape )

- jynx ( losing its psychic type and gaining some strength to compete with the other one of her trio ( magmar and elektek) )

And maybe manaphy being a water deity and looking like a baby :)

The only Pokemon I care about getting retyped are Snubbull and Granbull, I mean they're the FAIRY pokemon and also I like them and would like them to become relevant again :D

Ohman177 said:
kayko said:

Please research something before you call it pointless. Thank you. If anything, Psychic needs to go from him.

Why ? Because jiraichi is based on a shooting star which are commonly made of steel ? As much legit as humanoid form with the ability to fulfill wishes - something I connect with a "fairy" :/

kayko said:
Ohman177 said:
Please research something before you call it pointless. Thank you. If anything, Psychic needs to go from him.

Why ? Because jiraichi is based on a shooting star which are commonly made of steel ? As much legit as humanoid form with the ability to fulfill wishes - something I connect with a "fairy" :/

He's talking about the competitive advantages of a steel typing, insofar as it is the best defensive typing there is
Jirachi has only two weaknesses, 9 resistances (iirc correct me if I'm wrong) and even an immunity

leecario said:
kayko said:

He's talking about the competitive advantages of a steel typing, insofar as it is the best defensive typing there is
Jirachi has only two weaknesses, 9 resistances (iirc correct me if I'm wrong) and even an immunity

Ah ok! Sorry for this... I thought only about appearance and forgot about weaknesses and co. But i considered only the appearance of the pokemon for my list , not any typings for better game play :)

kayko said:
leecario said:

Ah ok! Sorry for this... I thought only about appearance and forgot about weaknesses and co. But i considered only the appearance of the pokemon for my list , not any typings for better game play :)

Well I meant both, but mainly appearance. And granting wishes comes from him being based off of a shooting star, something PEOPLE MAKES WISHES TO. Not a fairy. His steal type is there for obvious reasons. Psychic not so much.

Steel type really doesn't make sense on Jirachi, it doesn't look remotely metallic, there's very little in its Pokedex data referencing its Steel type traits (Emerald references it having a tough metallic shell, but that's about it), and it doesn't learn many Steel type moves (and its signature move, Doom Desire, could be retyped as Fairy as well). Fairy/Psychic would be a much more sensible typing for Jirachi.

Bolt the Cat said:
Steel type really doesn't make sense on Jirachi, it doesn't look remotely metallic, there's very little in its Pokedex data referencing its Steel type traits (Emerald references it having a tough metallic shell, but that's about it), and it doesn't learn many Steel type moves (and its signature move, Doom Desire, could be retyped as Fairy as well). Fairy/Psychic would be a much more sensible typing for Jirachi.

He's designed off of a shooting star(meteor), which is why he grants wishes. He is based off of the asteroid type of shooting star which are mainly composed of metals like metallic iron-nickel. His metallic shell further reinforces that. Plus, he doesn't need to look steel to be steel (even though he technically does by being shaped like a star). He has enough steel type moves so that isn't a problem either. Steel makes so much more sense than psychic. Why psychic? Because he can talk? That's just one aspect compared to all the others he has that represent steel.

Ohman177 said:
He's designed off of a shooting star(meteor), which is why he grants wishes. He is based off of the asteroid type of shooting star which are mainly composed of metals like metallic iron-nickel. His metallic shell further reinforces that. Plus, he doesn't need to look steel to be steel (even though he technically does by being shaped like a star).

Just because he's designed after a shooting star doesn't mean that he's made of the same materials as one. The metallic shell was only referenced once in a game 8 years old, and the design doesn't show his Steel type nature. They more often reference Jirachi's wishmaker abilities. Meaning he has a stronger connection to Psychic or Fairy than Steel, and having a primary Steel type makes no sense.

Ohman177 said:
He has enough steel type moves so that isn't a problem either.

He has one Steel type move by level up (Doom Desire), one by TM (Flash Cannon), and two by Move Tutor (Iron Defense and Iron Head). That's not much.

Ohman177 said:
Steel makes so much more sense than psychic. Why psychic? Because he can talk? That's just one aspect compared to all the others he has that represent steel.

Psychic fits the wish theme better, he harnesses the cosmic power of the Millenium Comet to grant his wishes. That requires a combination of magical and mental abilities, so Fairy/Psychic would fit Jirachi the best.

I'll add, If the reason for its Steel type was mainly "cause its based on a meteor", the type to go would have been ROCK, not Steel. Which just fits even less.
Steel isn't about ores and metals, it's supposed to have an artificial aspect to it (Steel doesn't occur in nature, its an alloy, metals combined with carbon so they become tough). Rock is about ores and minerals.

But anyhow, its ABOUT WISHMAKING more than shooting star itself, which has everything to do with Fairy that we can possibly guess the type to be about, and nothing with actual meteors.

Making a wish=shooting star. Shooting star=steel. I'm just going to leave it at that and if you guys disagree, ok then,.

Ohman177 said:
Making a wish=shooting star. Shooting star=steel. I'm just going to leave it at that and if you guys disagree, ok then,.

explain "Shooting star=steel".
It makes 0 sense to me, and just saying its obvious isn't an argument when clearly it's not obvious (otherwise there wouldn't be a discussion about it).

Shooting stars could be very easily related to a number of types
-Fairy (superstitious aspects)
-Fire (due to disintegration in atmosphere which is what makes it a visible effect in the first place)
-Rock (due to all the minerals that it is likely composed of)
-Ice (they're so frozen, they're still cold after they crash)
-Psychic (with its cosmic subtheme)
heck I'd even see an argument for Flying, Water and Ground before I would get near Steel, so what are you talking about?

Mitja said:
explain "Shooting star=steel".
It makes 0 sense to me, and just saying its obvious isn't an argument when clearly it's not obvious (otherwise there wouldn't be a discussion about it).

Meteorites are often made out of iron and/or other metals. The Steel type doesn't just refer to steel itself; it's a catch-all for metals in general, just like how the Grass type encompasses all plant/fungal life and not just grass. Aron's family, for example, seems to be iron-plated.
Jirachi's design doesn't make it obviously a Steel type, but neither do Scizor's or Mawile's. d: Like some others have said, the Psychic type would make more sense to replace (especially since it's the secondary type).
But, it's a legendary, so I'd be very surprised if they did anything to it.

kayko said:
Dudes do you know the definition of a fairy ?
Wiki says : " fairies are generally described as human in appearance and having magical power." (Describing all humanoid psychic pokemon in my opinio - humans with special/telecenetic powers). The definition continues : "...being variously dead or some form of demon... ". (In my opinion an example for ghost pokemon like misdreaveus)
Of course there are several other possibilities like azumarill with the idea it is based on a moon rabbit...

So I think these pokemon could be fairy typed :
-chansey / blissey (because of it's courteous behaviour and it looks like an obesed woman :p )

-mew (no question)

-bellossom ( resembles a nature spirit in my opinion )

-celebi (deity of the forest ?

-volbeat /illumise ( like bellossom I think these insects are like little humans with another shape)

-milotic (looks like a watersnake / like a water deity )

-misdreaveus/mismagius ( like i said above demons are considered fairies too)

-the lake trio ( no question)

-audino ( like chansey)

-gothitelle ( like guardevoir)

-meloetta ( being fairy / psychic and fairy / fighting )

-mawile ( humanoid shape )

- jynx ( losing its psychic type and gaining some strength to compete with the other one of her trio ( magmar and elektek) )

And maybe manaphy being a water deity and looking like a baby :)

That's wayyy too many legendaries being retyped. At this point, the only ones I do see being retyped are Celebi, Jirachi, and Cresselia, and even those probably won't happen if GF doesn't loosen up.

On a side note, as much as I hope for pokemon like Snorunt and and Misdreavus to be retyped, we really do need all the pure ghosts and ice-types we can get.[private]Removed this part from the beginning: "First off, you need to work on your grammar. Second, t". Aside from being borderline mini-modding, that tone just isn't good. PMing. -Chariblaze[/private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back