Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Something weird about pokemon, is the ability to battle while surfing. Especially if you're using rock types. Wouldn't they sink?? =/

I mean, can you imagine? You throw your onix into the battle.
How on Earth would it float? o_O

Piplup 321 said:
Something weird about pokemon, is the ability to battle while surfing. Especially if you're using rock types. Wouldn't they sink?? =/

I mean, can you imagine? You throw your onix into the battle.
How on Earth would it float? o_O

Even worse; what if you're battling with the pokemon that you're surfing on? XD

Yeah, that is really weird. You would have to be on top of your Pokemon and hang on while your Pokemon uses Surf. And another thing is you can dive in Pokemon Emerald, but you can stay underwater for an unlimited time and you're fine without any breathing device. That's something I realize with most games that involve venturing underwater. :)

Here's one...why don't we use worms to fish for Magikarp? We should catch Caterpie, hook them on there, and then BOOM! Kyogre!

The thing with the caves isn't really much of a problem; you still have a line of sight that you have, just that it's not large enough to make cave-spelunking practical. THe other caves I assume have enough light holes to make it easy to transverse.

Jamtok said:
Raichu/Leafeon said:
Jamtok said:
Charizard is Fire/Flying; why not Fire/Dragon? Seriously, for one, it's the coolest dueltype poke, and two, it makes so much more sense; obviously dragons can fly, negating the need for flying type. They did it with Latios/Latias; why not charizard?
They are Psychic type so they can Levitate but it is not there (their, not there) ability since they are Legendaries.

There is no other Pokemon that can fly that is not a Flying type. If there is there is a logical explaination for it.

You're arguing against something I never even mentioned. Flygon is a Dragon/Ground type, and they didn't make it a flying type, did they? My point is that GF should've made Charizard dragon/fire, not flying/fire. My comment had nothing to do with Pokemon that can fly, or whatever point you're getting across. What you just said wasn't new to me; I've been aware of these things. ^_^

The Dragon Type was actually added at the last second... which is also why Gyarados is Water/Flying...

Raichu/Leafeon said:
@Lietenant Houndoom
Beedrill is a flying type.

Bug/Poison

burnpsy said:
The Dragon Type was actually added at the last second... which is also why Gyarados is Water/Flying...

No wonder #147-149 were the only dragons. (Last second ^_^)

Here's one. Haze is an Ice type move, but no Ice type pokemon can learn it.

Psychic Whisperer said:

Irony! ^_^

Here's literally a plothole; why don't we ever see what's under diglett / dugtrio? Is GF hiding something from us that we should be aware of? *Finds holy grail*

Paper PokeMaster said:
Maybe they'd look wierd if it showed their feet?

Good point.

*Weird, not wierd. (Sorry, I can't help it; I placed second at my last regional spelling bee.) ^_^

Also, you may want to change "it" to "they", since you have "they'd" and "their" in the sentence (Keep things plural, if you start that way.)

Anyway, I sort of agree, but if I have a Pokemon that knows "Slash", I would actually like to see the animation of my Pokemon using Slash with it's claws; not just it's face. XD

Jamtok said:
Psychic Whisperer said:

Irony! ^_^

Here's literally a plothole; why don't we ever see what's under diglett / dugtrio? Is GF hiding something from us that we should be aware of? *Finds holy grail*

In Japan, Slash is named "Tear Up", or something along those lines. Diglett apparently showed his claws and stuff in Mystery Dungeon 1...

burnpsy said:
Jamtok said:
Psychic Whisperer said:

Irony! ^_^

In Japan, Slash is named "Tear Up", or something along those lines. Diglett apparently showed his claws and stuff in Mystery Dungeon 1...

I never got into mystery dungeon that much; it's a spin-off. Were Diglett's claws and stuff shown in the anime, though? PBR? Stadium? Games that the majority of pokemon fans have actually beaten because they didn't get bored in the middle of the process of beating the game since it wasn't redundant in the storyline? Okay, maybe they're all redundant, but they were fun, for one thing. MD was fun, but just not as fun. ^_^

Jamtok said:
Paper PokeMaster said:
Maybe they'd look wierd if it showed their feet?

Good point.

*Weird, not wierd. (Sorry, I can't help it; I placed second at my last regional spelling bee.) ^_^

Also, you may want to change "it" to "they", since you have "they'd" and "their" in the sentence (Keep things plural, if you start that way.)

Anyway, I sort of agree, but if I have a Pokemon that knows "Slash", I would actually like to see the animation of my Pokemon using Slash with it's claws; not just it's face. XD

I meant 'it' as in the game.

Why does it snow diamonds on your birthday. Lol :p

Back