RSE/FRLG So the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary is coming soon

RE: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary Coming Soon

Mudkipzrokz said:
Well sir/mam a remake would most definitly be a great annoucment for the anniversary would be great

are you talking to me, or whoever started the thread (forgot who and too lazy to check)

I can't believe it's really been that long. Generation III holds a special part of nostalgia for me. I would be very happy if remakes were announced, though I agree it may not be too likely. And yes, Diving would be nice.

Cinesra said:
You mean like how the DSI and 3DS don't support GBA games?

Fair enough. I was a little disappointed to see the 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot (albeit I have a GBA SP so it doesn't matter much).

Seviper said:
I can't believe it's really been that long. Generation III holds a special part of nostalgia for me. I would be very happy if remakes were announced, though I agree it may not be too likely. And yes, Diving would be nice.
same here.
wait, thinking about how FR/LG came out in Gen III, being the first remakes, does that mean there's a possibility of them making remakes of those two as well? like, have Pokemon LeafGreen (3)DS in JP but have some kind of Pokemon SeaBlue(?) (3)DS in the US and Pokemon FireRed (3)DS in both? oh man, it'd be awesome if they managed to do Ruby and Sapphire remakes AND make remakes of FR/LG that are all good remakes.

...i miss my ruby version with the shiny skitty.. (which my cousin stole from me)

Seviper said:
Fair enough. I was a little disappointed to see the 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot (albeit I have a GBA SP so it doesn't matter much).

Why does that surprise you? Handheld systems have never been backwards compatible with games released two generations ago. No model of DS can play GBC games, the Wii U won't be able to play GC games, etc.

FloodBadge said:
same here.
wait, thinking about how FR/LG came out in Gen III, being the first remakes, does that mean there's a possibility of them making remakes of those two as well? like, have Pokemon LeafGreen (3)DS in JP but have some kind of Pokemon SeaBlue(?) (3)DS in the US and Pokemon FireRed (3)DS in both? oh man, it'd be awesome if they managed to do Ruby and Sapphire remakes AND make remakes of FR/LG that are all good remakes.

Dear Arceus, no. It's bad enough that we're falling into a pattern of remaking games two handheld generations later, re-remaking games would be just plain ridiculous. An alternative suggestion if people really want to revisit Kanto for the fourth time would be for them to make sequels in the same vein as BW2, at least then we'll get enough new content that everyone won't complain about them rehashing.

If remakes ever get remade I'd rather they do they do only third versions, ex BoltYellow.

..wait... why didn't they make a blue remake for US? there should've also been version different sprites like the originals if they added all of the locations, including locations you could only access in the originals via cheats due to them being scrapped and moved super far away from where the player could see

Blue wasn't remade because the original Pokemon games were Red and Green. Blue was the third version in Japan and replaced Green in America for some reason. I guess GF was too lazy to change it this time around.

i know what green was, and it didnt replace green in the US because green never existed outside of japan, not even the idea of it being sold to other countries.

Found some interesting speculation as to a possible remake Here . Now this could be something large or nothing at all who knows.
Another thing i read was this. In HGSS in celadon mansion if you talk to one of the people they say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want uss to mess with their good memories." IMO this ties in with the speculation above. I would love to see the remake its my favorite game thats been made with black and white being a close second.

Please Note This is only speculation. Their is no evidence that confirms nor denys any proof of a Ruby and Sapphire remake so please dont take it as such.

Mods- Thread revival approved by Ice Arceus.

exdarkrai01 said:
Found some interesting speculation as to a possible remake Here . Now this could be something large or nothing at all who knows.

If they're working on something completely new, it's probably the 6th gen games. It wouldn't make much sense to start the new generation with a remake, a completely new game is the best way to show off what the 3DS can do to make Pokemon better. I do believe 6th gen is coming in the next year or two, people are getting tired of Pokemon remaining on the DS and the series definitely needs a change right about now. They definitely won't do that with another 5th gen installment. I wouldn't be surprised to see RSE remakes soon, but they're probably not going to be the next main games coming out.

exdarkrai01 said:
Another thing i read was this. In HGSS in celadon mansion if you talk to one of the people they say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want uss to mess with their good memories." IMO this ties in with the speculation above. I would love to see the remake its my favorite game thats been made with black and white being a close second.

That's probably in reference to them remaking GSC, not RSE.

Bolt the Cat said:
exdarkrai01 said:

The employee is obviously talking about HG/SS.

Teal said:
Bolt the Cat said:
The employee is obviously talking about HG/SS.

Well, yeah, if you want to get technical. But it definitely isn't evidence of a RSE remake.

But the game you talked to him in is hgss. And lile i said all it is is speculation. Why would they reference a gsc remake IN the remake?

Because they always do that. "Don't look! You'll spoil the ending!" is often used as well.

Blah blah, speculations. Game Freak, get on it. *points to computers and drawing desks*
NOW. Chop chop.

AnimeUSA said:
Blah blah, speculations. Game Freak, get on it. *points to computers and drawing desks*
NOW. Chop chop.

My my, a bit pushy, are we?

Bolt the Cat said:
AnimeUSA said:
NOW. Chop chop.

My my, a bit pushy, are we?

Well, yes. I guess. I've been wanting this for years, brah, YEARS.
I think I might be going crazy. This has to happen! Since Black and White 2 are out now they can start planning, right? Riighht?

AnimeUSA said:
I think I might be going crazy. This has to happen! Since Black and White 2 are out now they can start planning, right? Riighht?

I don't really care one way or another. But if we do end up going back to Hoenn, I'd rather have a BW2 style sequel instead of a remake.

R/S/E Was actually one of the games that got me into pokemon. When i was 4 i got Crystal and then i found out about R/S/E in 2003. Probably gonna play my Sapphire version all day on the anniversary. Can't believe its 10 years already :D

Bolt the Cat said:
AnimeUSA said:

I don't really care one way or another. But if we do end up going back to Hoenn, I'd rather have a BW2 style sequel instead of a remake.

I agree on this, but I want it to be like HG/SS in the way that your Pokemon could follow you around.
I care a whole lot because these games were a huge part of my elementary school childhood, so to speak. Personal reasons really.

Back