SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I wonder how Master hand will fit in.
PT's FS only did 10%? Thats ridiculous.

Is Taboo-tabu the last boss for classic or for adventure?

Adding to c-m's list of the best FS's, I believe Zelda's/Shiek's also has the capability to KO at 0%.

Although people have been saying that ROB's FS looks a little weak, I think it's going to be terrifying in 1 vs. 1 matches. Like the spicy curry, I think he'll have the ability to attack and combo them while they're stuck inside the tornado-ish thing, and then the high-knockback lazer he fires could easily KO.

[ChanseyMaster]

yikes Ike's Side + A smash move fully charged can ko mario at 20% damage and uncharged at 48% from the center of final destination o_O

i really hope that doesn't get him banned :/, but it is slightly weaker than Dedede's side + a which is 17 charged and 44 uncharged

I doubt it would get him banned. Almost all of Ike's moves are really easy to predict. (Although I bet he's going to be an amazing edgeguarder)

[ChanseyMaster]

yeah falco is back! my #1 character in melee. it looks as if his landmaster can go reall high. :)

ChanseyMaster said:
I doubt it would get him banned. Almost all of Ike's moves are really easy to predict. (Although I bet he's going to be an amazing edgeguarder)

[ChanseyMaster]

good :D yeah i was thinking that too. marth seems like he lost a bit of his edgeguarding edge [/pun] but really, there was an SSE video on brawl central and his standard b move seems to shoot out straight instead of arcing, making the hit-range smaller.

cool said:
dr.mario
young link
pichu
mewtwo
roy

To be fair

Dr. Mario=Mario
Young Link=[epicvoice]TOON[/epicvoice] Link
Pichu=Pikachu
Mewtwo=Lucario who both equal Samus
Ike and Marth=Roy

We didn't loose much

~Magma king~ said:
Sorry, I think my things stuck.
Is this 100% all characters?

Yes it is. Lucario and Olimars final smashes are awsome. IMO, Jigglypuffs FS is the suckiest. And Links is so awsome aswell. I cant wait to try this game online.

Are you guys so sure that Jigglypuff's Final Smash is so terrible? If you paid any attention to that video, they just screwed around with a lot of them, like with Fox's or Falco's they just had the other guy jump on the Landmaster and hover up and kill the guy off screen.

Maybe they just kinda sat there and taunted. Or maybe Jigglypuff's growing actually does something but the Lucario player just sat there like a moron and didn't do anything.

Or maybe it really does just make you grow to a gigantic size and then that's all. Maybe we'll find out on the Dojo soon enough.

The video was pretty cool, though, I thought the intro was neat.

Well, from what the video shows, Jigglypuff's FS did almost next to nothing, let alone a K.O. I have to say Marth's FS is the best in the game regardless, but yes, that almost seals the deal that Smash Balls will forever be banned, as most but not including Marth's is too powerful. R.O.B's FS is interesting, no doubt, it just doesn't look quite as powerful as I might have been expecting.

This is the complete list of characters in SSBB. No more speculation on who's going to be in or out, guys. :( (Highlight if you wish to not be spoiled)

35 SSBB Characters (In order of appearance in character select screen):

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game and Watch
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda/Sheik
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco Lombardi
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake
Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Wolf O'Donnell
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser (Koopa)
Wario
Toon Link
Robot (R.O.B)
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Lucas

Most of the secret characters are semi-clones/clones. :(:(:(

dmaster out.

I can't believe Mewtwo has not been mentioned yet. Please tell me if he is in the game.:)

he will not be in brawl it is confirmed already that mewtwo will not be in.

You'll notice at the end of Jigglypuff's FS, Lucario was flung a pretty adequate distance. I think it would've KO'd Lucario if it had just used it closer to the side of the stage. This also leads me to believe that this FS will be terrifying on smaller stages, and could easily KO more than one person in a free for all.

Truthfully, there isn't a FS I don't like. DK's looked bad at first, but I've seen videos of people that actually know how to use it well (they know good patterns for hitting the bongos) and it's racked up tons of damage.

[ChanseyMaster]

Is the Ness page not working for anyone else?

on dojo? it's working for me why? you need to see something?
i wonder what's soo special about wolf's landmaster and not it being red. probably just a stronger blast and slower.

ChanseyMaster said:
You'll notice at the end of Jigglypuff's FS, Lucario was flung a pretty adequate distance. I think it would've KO'd Lucario if it had just used it closer to the side of the stage. This also leads me to believe that this FS will be terrifying on smaller stages, and could easily KO more than one person in a free for all.

Truthfully, there isn't a FS I don't like. DK's looked bad at first, but I've seen videos of people that actually know how to use it well (they know good patterns for hitting the bongos) and it's racked up tons of damage.

[ChanseyMaster]

i agree, i don't think there are any bad final smashes.
jigglypuffs did look lame though, i'm waiting for the dojo explanation of what it does.

Yes, it might not look too good, but maybe it was just a bad player doing the FS. The Dojo! will explain everything in more depth.

dmaster out.

Back