SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I hope this is the only stage like this but I won't be playing on this level because it looks to weird.:)

Old movie, it was in one of the videos on the Smash Boards gameplay video topic.

Pretty cool nonetheless, but I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

[ChanseyMaster]

ROFL

I was laughing throughout the whole thing! Go, Hammerhead Bro, GO! Escape with the bananas!

Lol, Diddy Kong in a Matrix style = ROFL

Although it seems like a rip-off of the plot for Super Monkey Ball 2, at least it won't be the story for the whole thing.

But.....I do wonder......What does the stealing of bananas have anything to do with the Subspace Emissary and all that stuff...?

!!!

I just thought of something!

You know, on Sonic the Hedgehog games where'd there'd be more than one team, character, etc., to play different stories with? And then, once you've finished all characters' stories, they would all tie together in a "Last Story"? Well, what if Brawl is going to be like that?

Just a thought, but I doubt it. :p

The video is a set up to co-op play which I've seen before but not in this good quality. LOL at Diddy Kong and the ton of bananas.

dmaster out.

I liked that video and it was the first time I have seen it and the graphics and sound were impressive by beyond words. I wish I had a Wii right now.:) EDIT. 12 AM Target test is back with a whole new twist this time around. There are difficulty settings and also items for the first time ever in this Smash sequel to the Smash Bros series.:)

Finally, a recording a mode. A really hope that these can be saved to SD cards for more than three minutes; it would make the recording of combo videos much easier, and they would be in much higher quality.

Also, the target stages seem to look fairly accessible to any character; they really don't look like they utilize any character's movesets specifically. Maybe they're only making five target tests in this game that anyone can do, to save space on the disk? I really hope not.

[ChanseyMaster]

The Target Test looks cool and I can't wait to abuse items within it. I like the outdoor idea for it and I believe it will look better than that purple and black background for Super Smash Bros. Melee that they used for the past Target Test. That's a good thing that you can record past battles and Target Tests as well. The downside is that most battles last longer than 3 minutes and just make sure that when you send the video, it doesn't embarass you.:D

dmaster out.

There are difficulty levels of each target test for EACH character. However I am not sure of how many difficulty settings there are though. I hope they bring back the platform test too. They did bot bring that back in Melee so I would like to that make a comeback to the game.:) EDIT. WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING. This is an unexpected one too. King Dedede is a Playable character. I never even thought of this one. Wow unexpected for me.:)

i knew he was going to come up as AT or PC! cant wait to play as him!

Now i have another anoying person to beat up my brother with! yay!

How many characters are there in this game? Anyway I don't know about you but because SSBB looks AMAZING I have given the unoffical game of the century award to SSBB al ready!

here everybody!

Attachments

• kingdedede.jpg
    kingdedede.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1

I love King Dedede, they couldn't have made meta-knight in without him. Its a shame they won't make Darroach too. Apparently he'll be quite a slow and powerful character, I can't wait to use him.

xxashxx said:
There are difficulty levels of each target test for EACH character.
That's what we're all hoping for, but you can't just assume that. The stages revealed have targets placed very generically, which is why some people are thinking there may only be five target test levels in general. Don't assert something you're not 100% sure on.

[ChanseyMaster]

ChanseyMaster said:
xxashxx said:
There are difficulty levels of each target test for EACH character.
That's what we're all hoping for, but you can't just assume that. The stages revealed have targets placed very generically, which is why some people are thinking there may only be five target test levels in general. Don't assert something you're not 100% sure on.

[ChanseyMaster]

That is what it says on the page. Not word for word though but they say it in so many words. I can't believe that King Dedede actually made it as a character. I was hoping for Mewtwo. Maybe next week.:)

xxashxx said:
I can't believe that King Dedede actually made it as a character.

I sure can.

I was expecting him from the start: How could they put both Kirby and Meta Knight in here, without putting in good ole King Dedede? Lol, he looks awesome.

That platform thing is probably how he makes his stage entrance (i.e. Mario coming out of a pipe). LOL at the Waddle Dees carrying the platform!

Daroach has only got a chance of assist trophie now.... *sigh*

But at least there is 3 kirby charecters now. I am lead to belive that there will be one more charecter, a new comer, as that would make the same number of newcomers as vetrans.

Back