SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Ah, awesome.

Lucas's makes me lol. So does the Ice Climbers'.

Darkness... enfulges... The screen... How awesome.

AwEsOmE! My brother and I were just playing the old gamefor N64, and I told him that they should have NEVER taken out the entrances...and guess what...THEY ARE BACK!

I am glad the on screen appearance is back. I wonder what the rest of the new characters do. I can't wait to see what Sonic does. I bet he does a roll move and then explodes on screen.:)

Do ya think luigi will come in the same way as mario but in a different coloured pipe?

lol

Mario comes from a pipe
Luigi comes from a pipe
Peach comes from a pipe
Bowser comes from a pipe

Boy I hope that isn't the case.

Speeking of Luigi...

Where is he?!

I mean, the CAN'T exclude him from the Brawl... He's been with Mario in all the recent games, and he's MARIO'S BROTHER.

So, why hasn't he been announced yet, whereas Peach, DK, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, and Mario have?

Oh, and, he wasn't a clone of Mario, so....

xxashxx said:
I can't wait to see what Sonic does. I bet he does a roll move and then explodes on screen.:)
Sonic does sort of like a bouncing spindash onto the screen. Nothing too impressive.
Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Mario comes from a pipe
Luigi comes from a pipe
Peach comes from a pipe
Bowser comes from a pipe
Well, I know Bowser walks out of a wall of flames, and Peach doesn't hop out of a pipe, so you're fine.

[ChanseyMaster]

I've decided instead of making a bunch of small posts concerning the updates of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I'll just post all of my comments for the past week of updates on the weekend so here it is:

Comment on Update 10/29/07:

Stage Building - I was very suprised when they announced that you could build your very own Smash stages to fight on. I never knew that this feature could even be included in a Smash game, but I guess I'm just not that creative. I do believe I will be so wrapped into this that I'll just make stages forever, instead of fighting constantly. The stage building looks easy enough to do and it kind of stinks that you can only use the music that you have unlocked. Obviously the stage building is only if you have unlocked everything first. I must get an SD card, so I can make as many stages as I want, which is cool. I can't wait to send stages to people, and I can't wait to get the best exclusive submitted stage a day straight to my Wii and ready to fight on.

Comment on Update 10/30/07:

Classic Mode - I anticipated the feature that I was most looking forward to from Super Smash Bros. Melee. I like that you just beat enemies as they come and each stage has a theme from one game. If you don't use the coins to shop, I wonder what you really use them for?? Maybe to play the Trophey catching thing from SSBM....

Comment on Update 10/31/07(Halloween!!):

Summit Stage - Another new stage is awesome and an Ice Climber stage is sweet. it really shows the ice and the coldness of it all, but as with various other stages, the stages change and this one is no exception. the stage rolls down and lands in the sea! Just be careful not to slip off the stage. That annoying polar bear keeps pushing the stage deeper as well and a giant fish appears. At first, I didn't quite remember what that fish was from but now I remeber the Ballon Fight game. As with New Pork City, that fish will probably gurantee a 1HKO, if you're close enough to it.

Comment on Update 11/01/07:

Meta Knight Final Smash - Finally we can see MN's FS announced and personally it's one of the riskiest Final Smashes I've seen so far. You must ge the timing of his swing perfect or the Final Smash is a waste. The ability to hit anyone 1HKO is okay with your timing but if you wait a little bit later you may get other characters engulfed and cut as well.

Comment on Update 11/02/07:

On-Screen Appearances - Finally we get revived entrances and they all look awesome in their own way. Mario with his pipe is basic and all right. Fox dashing out of the ship is cool. Ice Climbers with their Condor is aweosme. Pit's light appearance is one of my favorites how he comes down from the heavens. Lucas's Mr. Saturn's Tea Table appearance is my favorite because of the uniqueness of it. Ike's warp magic entrance is okay, nothing special. Snake's camouflage appearance is also one of my favorites with his sly and stealthy entrance. Most of the countdown is made up of the entrances. This ensures that everyone can see your awesome fighter's appearance. I think Link's entrance might be warping, but maybe not. I also wonder what Samus adn Pikachu's appearances will be.

dmaster out.

Pikachu's will be coming out of a pokeball, samus's will be coming out of that little tube thing that you could use to save in the old Metroid games, and Links will be slowly descending down from heaven and bringing out a sword.

(These were the entrances in SSB and since Mario's, and Fox's haven't changed from SSB i'm assuming theirs won't either.)

marinepika said:
Links will be slowly descending down from heaven and bringing out a sword.

Do you not mean PITS will be slowly desending down from heaven and bringing out a sword. Or does he really do that?

go to http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html for official updates every weekday. I <3 this site!

If Ness comes back I wonder if he will still blow up himself like he did in the first 2 games.:)

You mean PK Thunder, right?

Yeah, that's a really fun move to use with him. Especially on the 51st Event Match. That's the only way I ever beat Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo, all with three lives, and their difficultly level set to the highest. I just kept jumping off the stage, and blasting myself back into them.

I hope ness is back he is my 3rd best and i hope is has a couple different moves I also cant wait to see his final smash

Togeshroob said:
You mean PK Thunder, right?

Yeah, that's a really fun move to use with him. Especially on the 51st Event Match. That's the only way I ever beat Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo, all with three lives, and their difficultly level set to the highest. I just kept jumping off the stage, and blasting myself back into them.

My friend beat that on my game for me with Yoshi I think and he only had 1 life left. I have a hard time controlling Ness's PK thunder because when I move stick to turn it I die because I am not quick enough to make it launch under me. I can only do it on solid ground. I had a very hard time beating his Platforms in the original game because of that. It took me about 37 minutes to complete the platforms for Ness and then my friend beat it in 3 minutes for me when he came over. I have a really hard time with Ness but I can do his other attacks fine though.:) EDIT. Check out the new updates. They forgot to change their clocks so the news is an hour early.:)

Although I'm kind of getting sick of these Subspace cutscenes, this one was pretty awesome. I'm glad to see they're doing a good job of meshing all of the Nintendo universes together.

[ChanseyMaster]

wow that was cool diddy rayquaza and fox that was a very good 59 second clip

I think rayquaza is the second boss on aventure mode.

so heres what I think
petty pirana first -rayquaza second

Atleast its a pokemon boss. buy i think you shoud play as pikachu for that one:)

pikachu vs. rayquaza:)

Oh, c'mon, you beat event match 51 with jiggly, just rest to boom away giga bowser, mew2 and ganon tend to stick together, so if you are able to rest them both you can an extra KO or 2, but usually you just pick on mew2 1st, then fly high enough over ganon waiting for items. (or use the cliffhanger trick... (hang on the cliff and watch them fall :F))

Rayquaza, master of the sky, inhabitant of the ozone layer... was hiding in a pond??? :S
Other than that, pretty cool video.

I just saw that vid. Rayquaza FTW! I just hope he's a boss, its a shame he was beaten so easily by fox though :p

Back