SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I hate how all the leaked info so far (besides the whole Lucario and Jigglypuff thing) is coming in tiny little portions which doesn't reveal much and it not enough to get me hyped. I mean why is the video fotage (if real) so short, honestly he could have recorded a little longer.

i wonder what happens in mushroomy kingdom when you get to the end of the level? do you warp back? go through it backwards? and that just reminds me of the fire emblem stage, how do you get back up from the bottom?
but so any way i can't remember as of now but in the original mario stage wasn't there like some secrets on the first levels? like that invisible one, and i think the warp to another world, and maybe the big vine that comes out of a block bringing you to the sky.
still looks pretty cool though and when i customize this level with item switch, i will only put on mushroom, fire flower, and star, just to get an original feel to it.

Check out the Wi-Fi Test battle between Tokyo and Kyoto. The winner is Mario but the graphics are amazing and beyond words. The battle is awesome. It is only 82 seconds long but it is a cool battle.:)

Wow, the graphics on that stage look amazing in action.

Brawl Central says:
Wow, we're on a roll with being the first to discover these past few updates. The following pic is taken from Charizard's character page and (with some brightness, focus and contrast tweaking to make it clearer) shows a black color version of him hitting Dedede. This is probably the most requested color swap among fans, so this should please a lot of people to know it's true:
[attachment=3638]

Got a pokemon trainer photo too

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2008_01_23(13).jpg
    2008_01_23(13).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PT adventure.bmp
    471.7 KB · Views: 136

Does anyone have any predicitons on what other Pokémon might appear from a Pokéball? I've kind of been hoping that Vespiquen and Combee would make an appearance and replace Unown and Beedrill (the whole swarming thing would look really cool if it was Vespiquen and Combee!) I've also been wondering what Charrim will do when released from the Pokéball (Sunny Day and Flower Gift maybe?).

Eh, the battle was pretty uneventful. Then again, it was only a minute long. Still, it is VERY welcome without those stupid girls in every Brawl video, "Get the Smash Ball! Get the Smash Ball! YES! FOX HIT 1! HIT 1, FOX! COME ON FOX HIT 1 YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!111111"

I wonder if Sakurai himself was part of the match?

If sakurai is sonic sakurai is very suck lol

I'm not sure Sakurai was fighting, but he might've. He didn't hint at it. Yes, pretty boring update, but the video is mucho better than what I remember. (Lol PMJ, I agree) The graphics do look astounding, but it's not really to show off the graphics. It's to show the inevitable lag that will happen in Wi-Fi battles. True, at that distance, the game seems smooth, but they probably have a good connection, which is not the case here in the U.S.A. Many times in Pokemon, different people have very bad connections, and not all of those disconnects are intentional; they may come from a bad connection. The game looks fairly smooth, but I gurantee it's not going to look like that when we have the game ourselves.

dmaster out.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Well, thankfully we'll be able to change the music that appears. I'm sure I'll grow to like it in time, but my first impression of it was, "Wow, they really screwed this song something fierce."

The in-game music is important to me. That infernal Yoshi's Island stage with the pit in the middle may as well be called "PMJ's Autoloss Stage" because every time I play there, I always lose. Always.

But the music, man I love that music. That's the only reason I go there.

Mushroomy Kingdom looks great... although, the fact that he said it's in ruins kinda makes you frown a bit. Ah well.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, I guess, but I have to say, this arrangement of the Mario theme is now tied for number one on my favorites list with Toy Time Galaxy's arrangement on SMG. I just LOVE this arrangement! It's wonderful! It's superb! I can't even stop listening to it.

PMJ, don't feel bad about that Yoshi's Island stage.... Every time anyone plays the Secret/Extra stages on either the first one or the one on the DS, they feel like they want to throw the system against a wall, trample all over it, grow bigger and turn red (lolol), go on rampage, destroying everything and everyone it their path, throw bombs everywhere, rip down trees and houses and such, and then collapse on the floor and implode. Proven fact. I will agree that the music is great, though, and I do the same thing (on different stages, but yeah).

Yeah, hoorah, a battle. It was really nice to see all the pretty background in that Fox stage.

Did anybody check n4g.com yesturday? They showed a character screen of all the characters(I think it was either 44 or 45 in all). Though many people consider it fake. What do you think of it? Me, I think its fake.

Check out the new update. The Masterpiece set. It is a great addition to Brawl:)

this is pretty sweet since we have never played earthbound 3(hopefully for lucas). but i already have three of those games.

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT MARTH AND NESS!!

Smashwiki says:

Currently, it is unknown whether or not Marth will make a return appearance in the upcoming sequel, but the original game he was the star in, Fire Emblem: Monsh

Back