SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Magicmew said:
I changed my mind: Dedede, Kirby, Luigi, P&O and Lucario.

xxashxx, I believe SSE takes about five hours. Five hours versus five days, who wins? >.>

And you can't get all characters without SSE. You can't get Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff. At least that's what I heard.

Po-Po-Pocchama's theory about the % seems more correct to me, shoulda have thought on that >.<

It took me that long because I can only play for so long on the big systems.:) EDIT. Check out the techniques update. These did not make it to the instruction manuals but they look cool and some can be hard to do at certain times.:)

electimortar said:
Bonsly said:
Cool videos :p. Anyway im gonna try out Lucario, Picmin and Olimar, Ike, Luigi, Snake, and Wolf. And I will try out other characters but those are the ones that I want to try out first, see which one I like the best, and then choose my main player. More than likely though my top three will be Lucario, Snake, and Picmin and Olimar. THIS GAME WILL PWN!!!!!!!

wait since you live in japan dont you already have the game?or did you just not buy it yet?
No I dont have it. I have an american Wii so if I bought the japanese version, then it wouldnt work on my Wii :(. But My friend does have it and yes I have played it.
electimortar said:
you know whats cheap about lucario?the move where he grabs on to the stage no matter what.thats cheap.two reasons im not using lucario:im bad with m2 and he is an m2 clone and that move.thats why im not really interested in lucario.

Its not cheap, A few other characters can do it. And he is not a Mewtwo clone. LUCARIO FTW!!

why is that a move?i would never use such a move as cling!thats so cheap!

Cool, some of these things could really come in handy some times

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
Magicmew, it seems there are at least 2 ways of getting each character, 1. SSE (Wolf, Jigglypuff and Toon Link are hidden), 2. V.S Mode, Brawl whatever you call it

From what I recall having saw somewhere:

* Three ways to unlock a character (VS, SSE and normal)
* Normal way only unlocks if you beat SSE first
* SSE way only works once you've completed it
* 300+ VS matches are the only way to get 'em without SSE.

And what do you prefer, playing SSE (fun) or defeating a level 1 CPU 500 times (boring)?

How can Wall Cling be cheap?

I think the best Pokémon to fight Giga Bowser is Jigglypuff, for obvious reasons. Actually, Jigglypuff sweeps about, what, 20 events or so in Melee.

Wall Cling is good, but not cheap :S

Tether recoveries, on the other hand, fail to death, edgehog and it's gg for both ivy and oli (ZSS still has the extra jump), it automatically grabs the ledge, and if it can't find a decent spot to grab, it just grabs nothing...

MORE JIGGS STUFF :O

Bair has been weakened (Fair is now usable, though), she's twice the size she was in melee, Puff-punch has become pretty much useless for recovery purposes, but seems more decent than in melee when it comes to combo-purposes. Basically, Jiggly's no longer restricted to a few decent strategies and seems really great when it comes to comboing. Because brawl's slower and a lot more recovery-based, Jiggly seems well fit for the job. she also seems to have become an even greater edgeguarder with stuff like pit and charizard flying around. Again, she's more like her SSB-self, so if you want to practice, better go get your N64 and a very good duster :O

The reason you should get a Wii :O

It's like the sequel to the sequel of SBB, and every single one of these games has been the very best game for their system (64, Gamecube and now, Wii). Brawl is the Wii game which has had the biggest hype up until now, and which will probably become one of the Wii best-sellers. It's also one of the few games which has a chance at beating Halo3 when it comes to sales... And it owns :O

Basically, the Super Smash Bros. games are fighting games. But with weird mechanics and... the most famous and popular Nintendo characters :O

... Google it or something :S

you do realize thats ZILLA your talking to.obviously he does know what brawl is.

Magicmew said:
Po-Po-Pocchama said:
Magicmew, it seems there are at least 2 ways of getting each character, 1. SSE (Wolf, Jigglypuff and Toon Link are hidden), 2. V.S Mode, Brawl whatever you call it

And what do you prefer, playing SSE (fun) or defeating a level 1 CPU 500 times (boring)?

I think the best Pokémon to fight Giga Bowser is Jigglypuff, for obvious reasons. Actually, Jigglypuff sweeps about, what, 20 events or so in Melee.

Yes, but how are you supposed to pull that off without getting killed by gannon or mewtwo. With mewtwo you can use his teleport in case you get in a tight spot.

What im really happy about is that ness appears as a playable character:D he is my favorite. you say he sucks and i get extremely angry then i beat you like i do to all of my friends:p
What i really like is that ness is a playable character. you say he sucks then i get angry then i beat you like i do with all of my friends:p

LOL GODZILLA. "What's SSBB?" You crack me up and stop kidding yourself. Or are you?! 0_o

Yeah, 9 new technigues, IIRC. I like the Pivot Grab the best, and I'll probably use it the most often. You can break Reflectors and do a Shield to weaken a blow. You can also eat lying down. :S Swimming is pretty cool; I've seen it a SSE video. I forget the others, either they were forgettable or I just didn't like them. They didn't showcase the Wall Cling. Awww..:( Awesome update overall with a ton of new techniques.

dmaster out.

RE: Super Smash Brawl Characters

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
I love Dr. Mario. He's my #1 character. He is similar to Mario, but there's no way I can just switch between the two. I've tried, and I just can't do it, I'm way too used to Doc.

Yoshi is all but confirmed; just take a look at the stages seen. Being part of the original 12 helps too ^_^

My friend said that the level with the statues is from Resident Evil 4, but I think he's a little mixed up. Granted, I've never played any Resident Evil game for more than five minutes, so he could be right, I don't know. I think that it's Snake's level.

There's going to be a Resident Evil 4 stage?... WHAT?!?

He wasn't entirely sure when he said that, GODZILLA. That was a quote from 2 years ago anyway. >..>

dmaster out.

there is going to be a animal crossing stage to

Water Mewtwo said:
Magicmew said:
Po-Po-Pocchama said:

Yes, but how are you supposed to pull that off without getting killed by gannon or mewtwo. With mewtwo you can use his teleport in case you get in a tight spot.

You do know how to play Jigglypuff right?

What does everybody think of SSB coming to the VC about a week or two before Brawl is released, they did it with MP3 and Mario Galaxy, why not with Brawl.

I've narrowed it down to my 7 characters, maining Kirby.

1. Kirby (My original smasher, apparently his Cutter Regained strength from N64)
2. Wolf (Don't ask why, I've grown to like him over the two weeks we knew about him)
3. Metaknight
4. Sonic
5. Marth/Ike (Undecided)
6. Lucas
7. Pokémon Trainer (Shoots up to 3 if Piplup some how gets in)

SSB will surely be released the week before SSBB. Even Nintendo Power agrees, as Metroid came before MP3 and SMB 3 came before SMG. I'm picking it up, seeing as I never got to experience it when it was released.

dmaster out.

GODZILLA said:
So what's Super Smash Brother's Brawl?

Super Smah Bros is a fighting adventure game where the best characters unite and duke it out with each other. Try your hand with the N64 version and Melee before playing brawl so you can understand what to do to play. In the N64 version start with Pikachu or Kirby to get the hang of it. Then from there move to Mario, Luigi or Yoshi. Once you have mastered these guys first then you can move to the rest of the characters. After you have gotten everything including secret characters and the secret level and the VS mode items switch then you will be ready for Melee. Once you have done the same for Melee then you will be ready for Brawl. The 3rd and final game of the series.:) EDIT 11:30 PM Check out the Arcade Super Mario Bros stage. This was in the arcades where Mario was basically born after Donkey Kong came out. This stage was also featured in Super Mario Bros 3 at the start of each world and you could also play in it on the title screen if you did not want to play the actual game. This is the best level to play on and they did good at bringing it back because they left the exact arcade style to the stage. This will be the best Mario stage ever to play on. It beats all other Mario stages. Yes even the N64 stage does not even come close to this level.:)

xxashxx said:
GODZILLA said:
So what's Super Smash Brother's Brawl?

Super Smah Bros is a fighting adventure game where the best characters unite and duke it out with each other. Try your hand with the N64 version and Melee before playing brawl so you can understand what to do to play. In the N64 version start with Pikachu or Kirby to get the hang of it. Then from there move to Mario, Luigi or Yoshi. Once you have mastered these guys first then you can move to the rest of the characters. After you have gotten everything including secret characters and the secret level and the VS mode items switch then you will be ready for Melee. Once you have done the same for Melee then you will be ready for Brawl. The 3rd and final game of the series.:)
lol he was just joking!or was he?:O

Back