The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture!

ThatPokemonCollector said:
I need them then what other Pikachu items do you own ?

Dpt4 31/090 Pikachu
L1 032/070 Pikachu

That's an awesome Pikachu collection Shiningmilotic! I'd like to start a Pikachu card collection of my own... so far it consists of 7-9 cards from HGSS/BW! :p Have to start somewhere though!

So this is an easier way to show off what I need without taking hundreds of pictures and since I already needed to upload the video's why not.

My Korean Card Collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8MS5TtW41E

My Pikachu Collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385K9kEnYJ4

Note the Pikachu stuff not everything is shown just the main stuff. Some cards are missing aswell but not loads.

hey I dont know how to get pictures on here, but this is a link to a youtube video of my mew & mewtwo card & flats collection. The video did not have my FA mewtwo EX in it., but I do have it.

There are only 3 mew cards I need to complete my collection (2 are trainers)
only 6 mewtwo to go (3 are jumbo and 1 is trainer)
7 of those above 9 were only released in japan
If you think you have the cards i am missing I will buy or trade good for them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_3Qz85NLdc&feature=plcp

Binx345 said:
hey I don't know how to get pictures on here, but this is a link to a youtube video of my mew & mewtwo card & flats collection. The video did not have my FA mewtwo EX in it., but I do have it.

There are only 3 mew cards I need to complete my collection (2 are trainers)
only 6 mewtwo to go (3 are jumbo and 1 is trainer)
7 of those above 9 were only released in japan
If you think you have the cards i am missing I will buy or trade good for them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_3Qz85NLdc&feature=plcp

I don't mean to bring you down, but you are actually missing a lot of Mew cards.
Take a look at this collector's website. They have a complete Mew card collection and put every scan up on their site.
You can find the site here

Trolled lol I have found that most people don't know about alot of the rarer cards either through lack of knowledge or forgetting. My pikachu collection you could say is amazing then you look at how many japanese ones there are I have like 8 japanese Pikachus

Daelum, its only 3 or 4 im missing....4 if you count the artist contest zoroark....I dont care about different languages or releases of cards. As long as i have 1 version of a card thats enough. (I only collect english and japanese though) I have the good variations..the ancient mew nitedo error and pop holo fire mew w upside down pokeball. Also I have a sealed english ancient mew. The worlds championship theme decks cards are basically worthless to me. I do have seekers and even championship arena 1.

Binx345 said:
Daelum, its only 3 or 4 im missing....4 if you count the artist contest zoroark....I don't care about different languages or releases of cards. As long as i have 1 version of a card thats enough. (I only collect english and japanese though) I have the good variations..the ancient mew nitedo error and pop holo fire mew w upside down pokeball. Also I have a sealed english ancient mew. The worlds championship theme decks cards are basically worthless to me. I do have seekers and even championship arena 1.

Oh okay, so you are the type of collector that makes sure they have one of every art. IMO, that's the better route for the mass because it saves a lot of money (Japanese cards are pricey!) and you still end up with one of every card.
Serious collectors make sure they have one of every version of a card. However, no one really collects outside of English and Japanese. Some do collect Korean cards, but most consider a collection complete when they have one of every English and Japanese.

Which cards are you missing? I may be able to help you find them (minus the Illusions Zoroark cause those are usually sold in sets, which go for $10k+ if I remember correctly, and everyone I know would just by it for themselves if one ever popped up :p).

Daelum said:
Serious collectors make sure they have one of every version of a card. However, no one really collects outside of English and Japanese. Some do collect Korean cards, but most consider a collection complete when they have one of every English and Japanese.

Do not forget Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

I did not forget, I just did not include them because they tend to be the least important/notable languages when it comes to collecting :/

Daelum said:
I did not forget, I just did not include them because they tend to be the least important/notable languages when it comes to collecting :/

Not to some.

omahanime said:
Not to some.

This is true, but I was trying to speak in a majority sense when it comes to collecting.
Sorry for any offense and/or confusion.

I'd back up Daelum, people who collect any language other than English or Japanese are in the extreme minority. Although Korean cards are slightly gaining popularity right now.

DJGigabyte said:
I'd back up Daelum, people who collect any language other than English or Japanese are in the extreme minority. Although Korean cards are slightly gaining popularity right now.

Then by that reasoning, he should not have listed Japanese, or Korean, because both are in the extreme minority at PokéBeach.

I collect Dutch cards, though I'm the only Pokémon collector I know who does so...

They were pretty short lived; only Base, Jungle, Fossil, Base 2, and some of the early promos from what I've been able to find.

Artemis said:
I collect Dutch cards, though I'm the only Pokémon collector I know who does so...

They were pretty short lived; only Base, Jungle, Fossil, Base 2, and some of the early promos from what I've been able to find.

In Holland we only got Base, Jungle and Fossil and a Pikachu Promo in Dutch.:(

As for the Dutch Jungle and Fossil the 1st edions are less rare than the unlimited cards.

Nice little conversation right here. My Aim for Pikachu's is to collect 1 of every Pikachu in every language to me having 1 of every english and japanese isn't complete. It's like taking the easy way out in my opinion if your going to do it then you have to do it right.

Artemis said:

abv150 said:
In Holland we only got Base, Jungle and Fossil and a Pikachu Promo in Dutch.:(

As for the Dutch Jungle and Fossil the 1st edions are less rare than the unlimited cards.

Now that I know about them, I will start collecting them. So Artemis, you are not alone.

Nice little conversation right here. My Aim for Pikachu's is to collect 1 of every Pikachu in every language to me having 1 of every english and japanese isn't complete. It's like taking the easy way out in my opinion if your going to do it then you have to do it right.

The fact you are a completionist, does not surprise me.

Though only problem is the Illustrator which will eventually begin to bug me but we will get to that when I am there. Thing is with Pikachu's there are so many out there and so many different ones being made in Japan alone.

Though only problem is the Illustrator which will eventually begin to bug me but we will get to that when I am there. Thing is with Pikachu's there are so many out there and so many different ones being made in Japan alone.

Daelum said:
Did the Jumbo really get left out? Huh, I though I saw it up there. Well add "TopDeck Magazine - Base Set Pikachu" to your list.

@DJ~ What about "This Guy Here" who reportedly bought his for $6,000?

omahanime said:
He has 17 pages of photos at 10 photos per page. Ballpark 170 Pikachus. I did not look to see if he listed languages other than Japanese and English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back