Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I feel like a Slowpoke, but I finally opened my box of Plasma Storm today. This is the last English booster box I plan on buying since I don't have the funds to keep collecting both English and Japanese sets and, honestly, I would rather collect the Japanese sets; they're better quality with better pulls, and just more fun, I think. Anyway, I ordered this box with an Amazon gift card I'd gotten for Christmas and had it shipped to my parents in the US since customs charges are kind of ridiculous here. So I just got the box when I visited them last week and waited until I came home to open it; it's much easier to protect a booster box (I just carried it in my carry on) than a bunch of loose cards.

Anyway, here were my pulls:

Victini EX
Moltres EX
Lugia EX FA
Shiny Charizard! :D (error)
8 holos, 2 of them duplicates (Magnezone)
Also, 11 of my RHs were rares, which is, well, rare for me

I'd like to think that this box (especially the Charizard, the only card I *really* wanted from this set) was a bribe from TPCi to say "Please please please don't stop collecting English cards. See, you can get good pulls sometimes! You know you want to keep giving money to us!" Sadly for them, unless I get gift cards like the one I spent on this one, their bribe was wasted. But I did get a Shiny Charizard out of the deal.

That's pretty funny, but then again you did get an Error Charizard. Gotta love TPCi ;)

The idea of a bride is funny, I had gotten terrible pulls for months now so I stopped buying. I bought a Keldeo EX tin yesterday and pulled a White Kyurem Full art, Weezing Holo ,Golurk Holo and rare reverse Hydregion. Still no Pikachu from BC :(.

Honestly, I've never really had good pulls with English products; mediocre at best, especially considering all that I've bought. This is definitely one of the main reasons I'd rather collect Japanese sets: the pull rates are much more fair.

Artemis said:
Honestly, I've never really had good pulls with English products; mediocre at best, especially considering all that I've bought. This is definitely one of the main reasons I'd rather collect Japanese sets: the pull rates are much more fair.

Not to mention the fact that you are much more likely to pull a truly mint card. I have never pulled bad/damaged cards from Japanese Booster packs while I open a box of WOTC Gym Heroes and get 6/12 holos with minor scratching on them already. Then I open a Japanese Box and get holos every pack and all gem mint, I was a fool for so long!

Do they take poor run quality into account when grading at PSA or do they just slap you with a grade 8 and send you on your way? I imagine getting a PSA 10 card from before the E series must be way more difficult for English cards than Japanese cards. Then again I have a PSA 9 Typhlosion and it has obvious scratching on the holofoil which leads me to believe that PSA grading is quite patchy.

Plasma Freeze is so damn inconsistent with the box rates. I got
Thundurus EX
Latias EX
Juniper FA
Life Dew.

Most I've seen have had 6 URs including the Ace Specs, or only 2 with them. Anyone know why TCPi can't get it together?

At our pre-release we opened a box(my team mate and I, as prizes) and opened 1 Thundurus EX FA, Latias EX FA, 2 Kyurem, 1 Juniper FA, 1 Latias Regular, 1 Deoxys FA and a regular deoxys

DrunkSpinda said:
At our pre-release we opened a box(my team mate and I, as prizes) and opened 1 Thundurus EX FA, Latias EX FA, 2 Kyurem, 1 Juniper FA, 1 Latias Regular, 1 Deoxys FA and a regular deoxys

Nice pulls, but I'm pretty sure prizes for winning the tournament are not allowed. TPC is pretty strict on this too.

I know loads of events, that give out boxes as prizes. Infact most do, TPCI don't have much say. They don't inspect every pre release.

Opened a Plasma Freeze box, results were a bit meh for me (was hoping for something playable)..

Latios EX FA
Heatran EX
Latias EX
Life Dew ace spec
Garchomp Secret Rare

Opened a Plasma Freeze Box today:

1 Thundurus EX
1 Tornadus EX
1 Latios EX
1 Juniper FA
2 Kyurems
1 Absol
3 Electrodes
6 Weaviles

8pokemon8 said:
Anyone know what cards besides Secret Rare's are 1 in 3 boxes. Is it just SR and Gold Star?

Certain SR cards (like the D&P reprints) are not 1 in 3 boxes, but others (like the B&W shinies) are. The same goes for Gold Stars - the ex Deoxys gold stars are pretty much 1 in 3 boxes, but Alakazam star is definitely not.

Got a Plasma Freexe booster box 3 weeks ago and pulled.

1 Deoxys EX NFA
1 Latios EX NFA
1 Latias EX NFA
1 Life Dew
1 Absol
1 Kyurem
1 Electrode
5 SER(1 RH)
2 Ghetsis(1 RH)
3 Shadow Triad
4 Float Stone
4 Plasma Badge
3 Frozen City
4 Plasma Ball
4 Plasma Energy
2 Mr.Mime(1 RH)
1 Seismtoad

If it's any help, mine and my girlfriend's boxes that we recently opened had:

PLF: 5
FA Latias EX
FA Latios EX
Thundurus EX
Tornadus EX
Life Dew

PLS: 6
FA Victini EX
Articuno EX
Cobalion EX
White Kyurem EX
Scramble Switch
Dowsing Machine

BCR 1st box: 5
FA Celebi EX
Black Kyurem EX
White Kyurem EX
Computer Search
Gold Potion
(if the Ace Specs were any different I would've thrown my toys out the pram about diabolical pulls!)

BCR 2nd box: 6
FA Celebi EX
Secret Terrakion
White Kyurem EX
Keldeo EX
Crystal Edge
Gold Potion

Plasma freeze box that i got on the release day i pulled:

1x full art Thundurus-ex
1x Deoxys-ex
1x Kyurem
1x Absol
1x mr.mime
2x Electrode
1x Latios-ex
1x Max Potion (secret gold)
1x Kingdra
A ton of plasma ball,float stone and team plasma badge.

Right after i bought the box and sold the "Crappy cards",i bought 2 blisters and pulled a Full art tornadus-ex and 1 plasma ball

After that i bought over 80bucks in blisters and only got 1x Latios-ex and junk!
I went back to "Boundaries crossed" and been doing better....WAY BETTER. lol

So far since I started back into Pokemon TCG after a good 8 year break in the game. I decided to play the Pre-release and I swear I had some Beginners luck. I pulled out of my 6 packs Deoxys EX FA and NFA. >.<

Well, I decide to buy a Plasma Freeze Booster box and a Plasma Storm Elite Trainer box today and I ended up pulling
Plasma Freeze Booster:
Deoxys EX FA
Latias EX FA
Professor Juniper FA
Thundurus EX
Latios EX
Absol Holo and Reverse

Plasma Storm ETB
White Kyurem EX
Cobalion EX

So for about $100 I think i had some pretty awesome pulls, what do you think?

Back