BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

RE: The Isshu Region Speculation Thread

I hope this airport won't be like the one in call of duty. lol.

Ice Arceus said:
They might make a remake for R/S. Its not official yet. How do you know for sure if the player can't travel to Hoenn. There hasn't been much information yet, but I just hope that the player will be able to travel to the other previous regions.
They have been making remakes of games since 3rd gen, why would they stop? Also there are many hints of R/S remakes in HG/SS.

2 main ones

1. In D/P/P jasmine visited sinnoh before HG/SS and in HG/SS Steven Stone visits

2. The game director hints of a R/S remake.

superfoof said:
1. In D/P/P jasmine visited sinnoh before HG/SS and in HG/SS Steven Stone visits
How does that relate to a R/S/E remake?

Ice Arceus said:
If they still have fly in the game then probably there's no need to take the plane to get to the islands because it is one whole region. If there isn't fly then the airport would explain it all, then you would have to take an airplane to get the the islands. Though I really do think that the plane is intended to take you to the other previous regions in the game (if they allow you to visit the other regions in the game).

Technically in FRLG you can't use Fly to get to the islands from Kanto, and you have to travel by boat but then once you get to the islands you can fly to the other islands. So maybe you could fly to the islands via the airport, but then again theres a seaport which would make the airport worthless!! Also did anyone else notice on the clearer map of Isshu that on the island near your hometown that theres a house on one of the small islands, so maybe that could be where the visitor from another region is staying so it could possibly be Brawly since he lives in Dewford Town!!

TheDarkLucario said:
No superfoof means that since Jasmine made a cameo in Sunyshore City that was a hint that they were going to make a GSC remake you understand, also in Valor Lakefront in one house there was a man that talked alot about famous landmarks in the other regions such as: Mt. Moon in Kanto(hint for HGSS), Olivine City's Lighthouse in Johto(hint for HGSS), and finally the Space Station in Mossdeep City. Giving us a hint for RSE remakes proving that there will be remakes for generation 3 ,another hint being that Steven appeared in Vermillion City, Pewter Museum, and Saffron City.

People, let's be serious, any Hoenn theory has no sense at all. Why?

1- There's NO reason at all to take us Hoenn when it's such an old region which has no reason to be related at all with Isshu
2- They would prefer to do a remake so they'll win twice the money, which is the only motivation left to keep doing pokemon games 'cause generations are worst every time there's a new one
3- That "airport" is just a small landing strip with an hangar, most probably thought for a short distance plane, which could take us, if it even flies, to some island near, like the example of the battle frontier given earlier.

DarkraiLord said:
Technically in FRLG you can't use Fly to get to the islands from Kanto, and you have to travel by boat but then once you get to the islands you can fly to the other islands. So maybe you could fly to the islands via the airport, but then again theres a seaport which would make the airport worthless!! Also did anyone else notice on the clearer map of Isshu that on the island near your hometown that theres a house on one of the small islands, so maybe that could be where the visitor from another region is staying so it could possibly be Brawly since he lives in Dewford Town!!

TheDarkLucario said:
No superfoof means that since Jasmine made a cameo in Sunyshore City that was a hint that they were going to make a GSC remake you understand, also in Valor Lakefront in one house there was a man that talked alot about famous landmarks in the other regions such as: Mt. Moon in Kanto(hint for HGSS), Olivine City's Lighthouse in Johto(hint for HGSS), and finally the Space Station in Mossdeep City. Giving us a hint for RSE remakes proving that there will be remakes for generation 3 ,another hint being that Steven appeared in Vermillion City, Pewter Museum, and Saffron City.

AHH! I thought he was talking about time line placement or something else. My bad. :p

I do believe there will be a R/S/E remake. They could combine R/S and E sorta like how they combined G/S with Crystal. Let's say in the Ruby remake, Groudon and Kyogre are fighting then Raquazza calms them, but Groudon stays and you have to catch him and vice versa for a Sapphire remake. Also they could put the Battle Frontier in there too. The only question is what about FireRed and LeafGreen, I know there already remakes but still. And what about Gen. 6, will they remake D/P, HaHa they'll probably call the Diamond remake Blood Diamond.

dude 5 gen isnt come out live yet and you are thinking about the 6 gen......your crazy, im still thinking if i get a tsusaja or pokabu. But i love the idea about a plane qettin you to hoen like in soulsilver a boat got you to kanto. I will also like that they had a pokewalker for black and white i mean i love that litle toy.

Pokequaza said:
It could still be a gym (probably not anyway). But hey, who ever said there aren't going to be gyms? Gyms are not always shown on these region maps. Look at the Hoenn map for example. Can you clearly see the gyms in every town? No. Maps like this are always a bit unclear and mostly they don't show clearly how the game's map is going to be.

Yeah, in fact, I was looking to the map and I noticed that in the starter town, there's only 2 houses, but in the image that shows the player in front of its house, we can see the corners of another 2 houses...

People don't get me wrong, I want gyms but since there was the rumor that there would be no gyms, I was afraid of the non existence of gyms since we can't see them in the map... but yes, we can't see no poké centers either but they're always in every city...

Also, if that building with honey (or wtv that is) is a gym, it is a quite strange gym...

What's with all this "you can go to Hoenn" stuff? Do people really think this would happen?

Here's some food for thought:
1.Combine regions in a game? No. Everyone saw how terrible HGSS were. Sure it gave us more places to visit, but ask yourself this, how quickly did you beat the Kanto gym leaders? I beat it in one to two hours tops. As your pokemon are already equal levels if not higher than the gym leaders, you have a relatively easy time throughout Kanto.

2. Knowing the above, why on Earth would you want all 5 regions to be in one game? If this were to occur not only would the game cost more than a home console's game (would cost 70 something or more), it would also greatly reduce the fun and challenging aspects of the game. And how would this occur anyways? By the time you beat the 1st e4 you wold have level 50-60 pokemon and all the gyms and leagues afterwards would be a breeze. Lowering levels of the pokemon to make the game a bit more reasonable wouldn't work either. Do you really want to battle region's 5th gen leader with level 20 pokemon?

3.Thirdly, pokemon is all about the money. Sure if such a collaboration would occur they would make a good bit of money. But by making remakes each generation, the money is flowing right into their accounts. 5 games a generation, 3 new region games, 2 remakes, going for 30-35 dollars a pop. Now that is a lot of money.

4.Lastly if the airport does allow us to fly in an airplane, I am almost positive it would take us to another part of the region, one not shown in the map. Either a whole other half including a good bit of towns and possible gyms or a group of islands off the map.

Not trying to rant, just giving a clear explanation.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
What's with all this "you can go to Hoenn" stuff? Do people really think this would happen?

1.Combine regions in a game? No. Everyone saw how terrible HGSS were. Sure it gave us more places to visit, but ask yourself this, how quickly did you beat the Kanto gym leaders? I beat it in one to two hours tops. As your pokemon are already equal levels if not higher than the gym leaders, you have a relatively easy time throughout Kanto.

2. Knowing the above, why on Earth would you want all 5 regions to be in one game? If this were to occur not only would the game cost more than a home console's game (would cost 70 something or more), it would also greatly reduce the fun and challenging aspects of the game. And how would this occur anyways? By the time you beat the 1st e4 you wold have level 50-60 pokemon and all the gyms and leagues afterwards would be a breeze. Lowering levels of the pokemon to make the game a bit more reasonable wouldn't work either. Do you really want to battle region's 5th gen leader with level 20 pokemon?

3.Thirdly, pokemon is all about the money. Sure if such a collaboration would occur they would make a good bit of money. But by making remakes each generation, the money is flowing right into their accounts. 5 games a generation, 3 new region games, 2 remakes, going for 30-35 dollars a pop. Now that is a lot of money.

4.Lastly if the airport does allow us to fly in an airplane, I am almost positive it would take us to another part of the region, one not shown in the map. Either a whole other half including a good bit of towns and possible gyms or a group of islands off the map.

Not trying to rant, just giving a clear explanation.

I couldn't agree more. I was really mad when I realized how fast I went through Kanto. Having all the HMs, and being able to just Surf and Fly all over the place... I can't find anything to do in HG now other than catch the roaming legendaries. =/ But I have to admit, I like being able to travel to another region, rather than staying in the same region.

If they don't allow you to go to an older region after beating the E4, I think they should make a large island of some sort that's not like the little "zones" in Sinnoh. And Surfing there would be lame, so I think you should be able to take a train. NOT like the stupid Magnet Train in HG/SS and G/S/C. I want to actually RIDE the train, and battle trainers like how you do with the S.S. Anne in HG/SS and FR/LG.

There should be more things to do after beating the E4. There should be daily battles in buildings like that inn in D/P/Pt where you do double battles. If they can't manage to make something similar to that, at least make the game longer... Just something to keep you playing for a long time. :/

ManhattanTheStarr said:
I couldn't agree more. I was really mad when I realized how fast I went through Kanto. Having all the HMs, and being able to just Surf and Fly all over the place... I can't find anything to do in HG now other than catch the roaming legendaries. =/ But I have to admit, I like being able to travel to another region, rather than staying in the same region.

If they don't allow you to go to an older region after beating the E4, I think they should make a large island of some sort that's not like the little "zones" in Sinnoh. And Surfing there would be lame, so I think you should be able to take a train. NOT like the stupid Magnet Train in HG/SS and G/S/C. I want to actually RIDE the train, and battle trainers like how you do with the S.S. Anne in HG/SS and FR/LG.

There should be more things to do after beating the E4. There should be daily battles in buildings like that inn in D/P/Pt where you do double battles. If they can't manage to make something similar to that, at least make the game longer... Just something to keep you playing for a long time. :/

I love every single thing you just posted.

Yeah all I can do now in HG is level up pokemon to in order to complete the pokedex and capture Entei and Latias. Everything else is done.

I would love if they would let us fight trainers on a train. It would add a whole new level of excitement to the new transportation. And yes a BIG island away from the mainland would be very welcomed. I wouldn't mind surfing to it though. Perhaps you would have to take a train/airplane to the place first before you could surf. Either way I would be happy!

More events after the E4? Yes please! It is so hard to find a good battle now, and waiting to battle the gym leaders is pointless. Just let us rebattle them whenever we want too. And how about letting the trainers become open to new battles every 2 days or so. Battling the e4 again and again is not only repetitive but a bit boring. Having to see the same old pokemon and same old end scene is so bland. Giving us the ability to battle regular trainers any time we wanted would give a whole new freshness to the game.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
I love every single thing you just posted.

Yeah all I can do now in HG is level up pokemon to in order to complete the pokedex and capture Entei and Latias. Everything else is done.

I would love if they would let us fight trainers on a train. It would add a whole new level of excitement to the new transportation. And yes a BIG island away from the mainland would be very welcomed. I wouldn't mind surfing to it though. Perhaps you would have to take a train/airplane to the place first before you could surf. Either way I would be happy!

More events after the E4? Yes please! It is so hard to find a good battle now, and waiting to battle the gym leaders is pointless. Just let us rebattle them whenever we want too. And how about letting the trainers become open to new battles every 2 days or so. Battling the e4 again and again is not only repetitive but a bit boring. Having to see the same old pokemon and same old end scene is so bland. Giving us the ability to battle regular trainers any time we wanted would give a whole new freshness to the game.

EXACTLY.
*sigh* If only that could happen...
I sure do miss the VS Seeker. u_u Waiting for someone to call you for a rematch and having to search for them is SO boring...

this game is going to be AWESOME

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC GAMES IM GETTING BOTH !!!!!!

swimfastray said:
Do you think Corocoro cut off the edges of the map and there is more of Isshu to the left and right of the image? It especially looks like in the bottom right there is more beyond the little lake and bridge.

I feel like a major idiot! Duh the map is cut off it's right there in the magazine scan!! Sorry for being so stupid.

EPIC trainer dude

Dark_Void said:
this game is going to be AWESOME

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC GAMES IM GETTING BOTH !!!!!!

Amazing speculation. >.>

I find it very strange to have an airport when you can just FLY around within the region. Heck, even in HG/SS you only had to pitstop at the league and then keep going. Either it's going to fly you VERY far out of the reigon (but still the same region) or you won't be able to take a plane at all - and it will only be hinted with it that there will be a RSE remake in the future.

I wonder if they are bringing dive back in the game. If they are then that would prove that we can travel to the islands in the Isshu region. If they aren't then I wonder what type of transportation will be provided to travel to the islands. It could be both boats or airplanes.

Oh, I LOVED Dive! :DDD
Being able to go underneath the sea in Hoenn...
The only thing I truly hated about it was that it was pretty much just an extra HM (loldefog).
Having 3 different water based HMs was kinda annoying. Especially when I had Pelipper as my Water-type, which can't learn Dive or Waterfall... >.> An airplane would be awesome for transport to the islands. But I'm sure if they did use an airplane, it would be one of those miniature ones. Not the type where you could really walk around... In other words, you wouldn't be able to battle lots of trainers. :(

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:

i completely agree with this
but i do think having more than one available region is better
i think that if there is more than one region
you should only be able to catch pokemon that are native to that region there
then when you go to the other region
you have to leave your pokemon behind a basically start again in the new region
i think that would make the game a lot more exciting IMO

Back