The Mewtwo EX/Eelektrik/Zekrom Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Malaysia the standard practice among the experienced players is 3 Mewtwos. I personally run 2 but oftentimes I find myself lacking that extra one especially when having to engage in the Mewtwo wars early on. And I agree with the notion of Super Rod. It doesn't get you what you need right on unless you can pull off a Collector/Dual Ball that same turn.

As for Zapdos or Tornadus, techy versions (like mine pre-States) prefer Zapdos I think, since early game it works very well in sniping off bench sitters. I also used its 2nd attack for a OHKO on a Zekrom at States, pretty desperate measure but it works sometimes. Tornadus is just an overall good Fighting-resistant attacker, although I never quite found a spot for it.

So the question is: Super Rod or Revive?
I really want to avoid dropping Eels in the discard, so I dropped Sage's overall, but it's still a worry.

I'd run both if I could, but I'll go for Super Rod. I use Sage's up to a few weeks after States but now figure I will drop it as well for PONT instead. With Ultra Ball comes out that's another way to dump Lightning into the discard anyway.

Yeah, my draw line is usually:
4 Juniper
3 PONT
3 N

And I suppose after rotation I'll test between Bianca and Cheren. :T

If you have to pick one or the other, I like Super rod over revive. Super rod lets you get eels back into your deck along with electric energy (under the rare occasion you wouldn't want it in your discard xP) but they both have their uses

also btw I run 2 sage's in my deck, it works wonders! xD

Arcanyx said:
Here in Malaysia the standard practice among the experienced players is 3 Mewtwos. I personally run 2 but oftentimes I find myself lacking that extra one especially when having to engage in the Mewtwo wars early on. And I agree with the notion of Super Rod. It doesn't get you what you need right on unless you can pull off a Collector/Dual Ball that same turn.

Yeah 3 Mewtwo is required for decks that want to keep up in the Mewtwo Wars nowadays, but thankfully Darkrai EX will put an end to all that next set.

actually.... I don't think darkrai will slow down mewtwo that much.... he probably wont even be run with eviolite meaning mewtwo can easily put 100 damage on a fully loaded darkrai....

darkrai is an okay attacker against terrakion.... (they would use darkrai against you because of it's sniping powers) but terrakion really wont see much success imo due to tornadus EX....

That really depends on how much Tornadus EX is seen in the first place. An EX with Lightning weakness is something to ponder in a yellow-filled meta. Though I don't mind seeing it in a ZekEels as an anti-Fighting tech though.

I don't even run DCE or PP in the HGSS-DE format....
the only thing that DCE could be used for is mewtwo, since I don't run Zek EX anymore.
I'd rather run Terrakion for all Dark decks and Eel decks.

In fact, I wouldn't even call this ZekEels anymore. It should be something like Eelekrtrik/Attackers

Zekrom is still your main attacker, and it was when NV was the latest set in rotation. It's still an Electric-attacker based deck and Zekrom happens to be the best one.

I also run a tech Bouffalant now and DCE just helps that.

Infinity said:
I don't even run DCE or PP in the HGSS-DE format....
the only thing that DCE could be used for is mewtwo, since I don't run Zek EX anymore.
I'd rather run Terrakion for all Dark decks and Eel decks.

In fact, I wouldn't even call this ZekEels anymore. It should be something like Eelekrtrik/Attackers

So you're saying that Terrakion is better in ZekEels over Zekrom EX than running something like Raikou EX which is only good against Setup decks like google and LilliLock? I see what you're getting at but what If you aren't playing the mirror? What then? I'm tempted to test Raikou over Terrakion in ZekEels or Eels for short. 100 damage for 3 energy sounds almost too good to pass up even on a Basic that can attain free retreat with Skyarrow Bridge.

You have a point though, this deck shouldn't be called ZekEels anymore since Zekrom's main purpose in this deck was to be a semi-main attacker, a solid counter against Durant, but aside from that Zebstrika wouldn't be a good replacement for Zekrom in this deck due to Darkrai countering it easily for 90 damage and 30 bench snipe. Darkrai will be a threat in the upcoming metagame and this deck will still be good enough to keep Tornadus in check at least.

I don't really see Raikou EX replacing Zekrom in this deck either, it's still a glass cannon compared to Zekrom. The big problem right now is that Zekrom is outclassed by alot of the EX's in the format, possibly even with Groudon EX it's starting to suffer from the same problems that is making TyRam unplayable right now but not nearly as bad since this deck is Tier 1 by Stage 1 speed where as TyRam is stuck with Typhlosion as being a Stage 2 is slow to setup early to mid game. I dunno, Zekrom still seems solid in this deck...

I run both Raikou and Terrakion with all 40 tynamos, no PP, no DCE. It has had positive testing results.

Raikou over Zekrom? I think Terrakion is only good in mirror matches, that's why I run 2 Mewtwo with Eviolite. I was thinking of going 3 Mewtwo but I'm thinking of running 1 Tornadus EX or Raikou EX over my Zekrom EX...

Terra is great VS mirror and especially VS Darkrai Rush and Zoroark Rush.
If you mean Raikou EX over Zekrom EX, than yes.
I also run 2 Mewtwo and Eviolite.

I thought you meant Raikou over Regular Zekrom, I can find room for 2 Prism If I decide to run Terrakion. So what's your Pokemon list look like for this deck, something like this?

Pokemon (15)

2 Zekrom BW
1 Thundurus EP
1 Raikou EX
4-3 Eelektrik NV
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Shaymin UL
1 Terrakion NV

Energies I think would look something like this:

Energies (14)

10 {L}
4 Prism Energy

I would run Fighting over prism, because you can't super rod prism.
This is my pokemon line:
2 Mewtwo
1 Terrakion
4 40 HP Tynamo
3 Eelektrik
1 Smeargle
2 Thunderus
2 Zekrom BW
1 Zapdos (soon to be Tornadus EX)
1 Raikou EX

I can PM you the full list if you want it.

Not enough room IMO. Seeker wastes your supporter and shaymin takes up bench space.
I may take out 1Fighting (I have 3) and 1 Thundurus for 2 DCE, though.
I like Smeargle because:
You can play a skyarrow, and then be able to evolve all 3 of your Eels
Searchable draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back