BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-official-global-link-codes-and-events-list?pid=2182704#pid2182704

A Pokemon promotion that you entered a code for (e.g. Mamoswine) is treated as if you wished for it (but it doesn't go towards the 1-wish-per-visit limit). It is sent to Entree Forest like all the rest.

Ok. My time ran out before I could download my Stantler. How can I get my Stantler? Thanks XD.:)

If you wished for it, you should be fine. The next time you access Pokemon DW, hit "Exit and prepare to wake up" and acquire it the normal way.

If not, then just go to the Dream Tree again, wish, then perform the above.

He is tacked on my Dream Board so he is fine then right? Also I had a few items. Was I able to save those or are they gone? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: I have befriended the 3 Pokemon. So they should be on the friend board the next time I go there right? I did not realize I had to click to find them XD.:)

If the Pokémon is on the Dream Board, then yeah, they'll be sent to your game when you wake up the Pokémon and log onto the Dream World through the DS or 3DS.

To put a Pokémon onto the Dream Board, you'll have to reach the Dream Tree from any area you can find Pokémon, then make a wish by offering a Berry (any will do). This will put you back by your house. You can confirm the Pokémon you chose by looking at the bulletin board there.

Yeah I did that with My Mareep but before I could get them on the Extralink the time ran out XD.:)

It's fine--you can get that Mareep the next time you get onto the Dream World.

LOLz I got the Mareep XD. Hopefully I can do it in a bit. I first have to do some trades XD.:)

EDIT: I got the Pokemon and items but what is the trade pal roster for? I have 3 trade pals. How do I contact them to exchange FC's?:)

Also in the GTS Negotiations is anyone able to Voice Chat or is it only silent in that part of the GTS?:)

GTS Negotiations has no voice chat. The only available forms of communication are the emoticons at the bottom of the screen.

Aw crud. What does it mean when Game Sync flashes red or green? Does it mean it is connected or disconnected from Wi-Fi? It is red now but I have Wi-Fi. Yesterday it was green. What does the colors mean XD?:)

EDIT: I now have 470 points in the DW. Today I was able to get a Tailow AND a Skorupi. How is it possible to get more than 1 Pokemon per day? Did I need a certain number of points? Also how do people post greetings on the GTS Negotiations feature on the GTS? Why can't I do the same? They say things like: I am TRAINER Nice to meet you and I want a color change. How do I do the same? I don't have a 3DS. Is this how they do it XD?:)

If Game Sync button is Red: There is no Wi-Fi access point in use that you can use.
If Game Sync button is Green: There IS an access point you can use.

It's just like the basic C-Gear view. You know how the Online section will flash either red or green? It's the exact same thing with the Game Sync button.

The way to get one Pokemon per day is as follows:

~Start your day with your Pokemon tucked in already. Begin your hour of DW time.
~Make a wish at the Dream Tree for a Pokemon.
~Use Game Sync to both wake your Pokemon up, and then send it back, BEFORE your hour is up.
~Go back in, and make another wish at the Dream Tree...again, BEFORE your hour is up.
~Use Game Sync to wake your Pokemon up again. (However you cannot send it back, because you can only send w/Game Sync once per day.)

Voila. Two Pokemon in one day.

To edit the phrase "I am TRAINER! I'm pleased to meet you.", go to your Trainer Card on the X Menu (you know, the option that displays your name), and from there, you can change your greeting (and a few other things as well). As for color change? I'm pretty sure that is based on the color of your trainer card...

My Wi-Fi is working fine and it still shows red XD. I am not dure if I got the message thing right. I want a Meganium but can't see it on the Pokemon list so I put Grass Pokemon Thank You but on the Trainer card itself it says Hello Pokemon XD.:)

EDIT: How do I use my full message on the front of the Trainer card? It only allows me to add one word ATM.:)

EDIT: Yesterday when I did the DW I was able to send 2 times. However I did miss a day because I woke him up to early. Do you suppose that was why I was allowed to send twice?:)

I've always just stuck with 1 Pokémon per day, since I like to amass as many Dream World points as possible. As for the previous question, do you mean that thing that replaces "I am TRAINER! Nice to meet you!"?

You can select from a bunch of different phrases with blanks in them. (It can have up to 4 blanks, from what I've looked at.) However, you can't change the whole phrase itself because of the family-friendliness policy Nintendo has.

Oh ok. That's weird. I figured out how to do it by moving the arrows right and left. I found that out by pushing one of the keys by accident too. Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: What happens when I am unable to catch any Pokemon in the DW? Today all I was able to get was items and no Pokemon. They had the flying game which I am really bad at and only won it once and I am bad a the search ones as I am not quick at the clicking XD. After 30 minutes of trying to catch any Pokemon they stopped appearing and so did the items too. I was not able to do anything for a half hour except try and hunt for Pokemon but there were none.:(

After a certain amount of time, they stop appearing. In that case, you need to make a wish, or just wait until your next day of DW time (or both). Then they'll start appearing again.

Aw crud. I never knew I would run into a batch I would never catch XD. Thanks man.:)

Sorry for the 2nd post but why are there no Pokemon in the DW or items? I have not been here for 48 hours and nothing appears and I can't make any wishes at the tree. This is weird XD.:)

EDIT: I think it is fixws now. Had to send some Pokeballs to the Extralink and wake up my Pokemon. I was able to get an Oddish after I rest the coding. Anyway. What are the Pokemon hanging on the tree for and how do I go to my friends house to request a Dream Pal message? Thanks XD.:)

They're not exactly "hanging" on the tree. Those are other PGL users that are also at the Dream Tree.

As to how you request a Dream Pal, go to any person's house (to travel between houses, use either the Footprint Mat, or hit the Dream Pal Map button in the top-left), then once you arrive, at the top-left there's a button that says "Dream Pal Request". Confirm that; a request will be sent to that person, which they can either accept or deny. If it goes for one week without accepting, it will be denied automatically.

Ah ok I will try that tomorrow. Thanks XD. Just got here as I have been trading all day on the GTS XD.:)

And yeah, as you probably surmised, the Dream Island stuff doesn't reset when you leave the Dream World, but rather, when you wake up your Pokémon and send it back.

Back