BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

That is so weird. Why did they fix it so it can be complicated at times? Anyway Thanks guys.:)

Well I have only had white version for about 3 weeks so I don't know everything about the DW yet. I wish I hadthe players guide for assistance. I have never had this many questions before LOLz.:)

EDIT: Where on Pokemon.com do I go to change my privacy settings to my PGL account? I want to edit them so dream pals can message me and what not. How do I buy furnature from the Girl in Nacrene City. I know you need berries but she always asks which one do you dream about? I select one and nothing happens. How do I do this with my berries? Do I have to be in the Dream World do do that XD?:) Thanks.:)

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to send messages to Dream Pals. They're simply able to visit your house.

The girl in Nacrene City asks you what you like to dream about, and that piece of furniture will appear in your Dream House (or rather, become available to decorate) the next time you wake up your Pokémon. You don't buy any furniture from her; she just causes it to appear.

Sometimes they do it for no reason. Most times it's because they want to keep something on the GTS but don't want it traded to anyone else; hence, they make it impossible to trade with them.

Where would you guys sugest training pokemon that are to weak for the pokemon leage, yet when you train them in victory road it just seems like your geting no where? Thanks for your time!

Why would people put pokemon up on GTS and never take it back?

Chariblaze said:
Sometimes they do it for no reason. Most times it's because they want to keep something on the GTS but don't want it traded to anyone else; hence, they make it impossible to trade with them.

To add to this. This is not entirely true. Don't forget about the GTS cloning glitch unless they removed it from the games in 5th gen. If they did not then sometimes they do this to prevent their Pokemon from ever being traded while they clone since it takes about 45 minutes to clone it just once. Someone actually got banned while doing it this way as the persons Pokemon they were cloning dot traded. It is pretty risky XD.:)

EDIT: Ophie: It says you can edit your privacy settings on the PGL by going to Pokemon.com How do I do that XD?:)

EDIT: I figured out how to fix it XD. However today I got 3 Pokemon was only allowed to get one off the tree. Why could I not get the other? Also how do I get the other 2 that I bifriended from the tree? I had a Mawhile and another Spinirak to go with my Woboffett. How will I be able to retrieve these if I can't go to the island of Dreams? Isent my Wobuffet and items and got them already. Will I be able to go to the tree tomorrow so I can get my other Pokemon?:)

To my knowledge, they removed it in Platinum onward, and maybe in later printings of Diamond and Pearl. Yeah, that used to be a very major reason.

Ah maybe they still do it though in those games and it shows up in every game as something else. Who knows XD. Anyway do you have any Dream World experience and do you know if my other 2 Pokemon will still be at the tree tomorrow? Thanks XD.:)

arcanine227 said:
Where would you guys sugest training pokemon that are to weak for the pokemon leage, yet when you train them in victory road it just seems like your geting no where? Thanks for your time!
This question is vague. I have no idea what you're trying to ask.
EonEye99 said:
Because they're noobs.

He is trying to ask where the best place to train Weak Pokemon. I say use an EXP SHARE and train in the sport domes once a day or battle the GAME FREAK GUY or Cynthia from gen 4 XD. Anyone know if my Pokemon are still on the tree in the DW? I have 2 that I was not able to get yesterday XD.:)

The list on the Dream Tree clears whenever you actually make a wish, and never anytime else.

Oh great so my Mawhile is gone after all that just to get it? Wobbuffet was gotten by accident because I got lucky and won the search game. What happens when the PGL is down for maintenance when I was in the middle of making my wish? I had just wished another Misdrevous but was not able to do anything else so is he safe or gone? Does not matter as I have 2 but if this happens on a new wish for instance then I need to know if it saved it or not. Thanks.:) The PGL just went down XD.:)

Oh great so my Mawhile is gone after all that just to get it? Wobbuffet was gotten by accident because I got lucky and won the search game.
You can play as many minigames as you see fit. Just be aware that out of all those, you can only keep 1 Pokemon.
What happens when the PGL is down for maintenance when I was in the middle of making my wish?
Most likely nothing, but if I were you I'd play PGL at a different time of day if that's a concern.

Normally this does not happen. I did not get on until an hour or so ago or I would have.done that. Besides I had to wait until after 8 PM PST as that was when I did it then. It says that it is scheduled for Tuesday's at 3 AM EDT which would be midnight here so9 I should have not had any problems at all. Just was not expecting this to happen. Does the hour reset as it was not done yet?:)

No; the hour keeps counting down from the moment it begins regardless of maintenance time.

Wow ok. The Dream World is taking a lot to get used to so that is why I have so many questions. If I had a guide to the full aspect of it that probably would help but I don't think one exists yet XD. Sorry for all the questions guys. XD.:)

EDIT: My Pokemon from yesterday were still on the tree so I picked Misdrevous XD.:)

arcanine227 said:

If this is your first shot at the Pokémon League, it depends on what level your Pokémon are at. If they're very low level (like below level 10, for instance), the Nimbasa Stadiums will have plenty of trainers. You get an EXP boost fighting a trainer's Pokémon rather than a wild Pokémon. If they're moderate-level (between levels 10 and 40), then Victory Road is definitely the way to go. If they're approaching the levels of the Elite Four, spend as much of your money on supplies as possible (Revives, Hyper Potions, Full Heals, and a few Full Restores) and challenge the Elite Four anyway. As long as you can knock out at least one Pokémon before losing your team, you'll get EXP anyway.

In the first two cases, be sure to put the Pokémon you want to train out first, then switch it with a Pokémon who can defeat the opposing Pokémon no sweat. Don't forget to attach the Lucky Egg onto the Pokémon you want to train.

EonEye99 said:

I think much of it is from people who did the GTS cloning glitch in previous games. In those games, there was a way to create a duplicate of your Pokémon that involves putting a Pokémon up on the GTS with an unlikely trading condition, such as Level 100 Magikarp or Level 9 or under Blastoise. The cloning glitch has been fixed for the Black and White versions, but it doesn't stop people from trying it anyway. The thought that there is no cloning glitch anymore doesn't occur to them, and they try again and again thinking they did it wrong. Enough people abuse the GTS for this that you're almost guaranteed to find people attempting this for any popular Pokémon.

There's also a fair amount of trolling going on, which is apparently popular in Japan. That is, they make these impossible conditions on purpose just to make it harder to find someone who wants to trade for real. They're not here for the cloning glitch. Rather, they just have their Pokémon sit there and take up space.

xxashxx said:
Oh great so my Mawhile is gone after all that just to get it? Wobbuffet was gotten by accident because I got lucky and won the search game. What happens when the PGL is down for maintenance when I was in the middle of making my wish? I had just wished another Misdrevous but was not able to do anything else so is he safe or gone? Does not matter as I have 2 but if this happens on a new wish for instance then I need to know if it saved it or not. Thanks.:) The PGL just went down XD.:)

There's a limit of 1 Pokémon every 24 hours in the Dream World. If you find multiple Pokémon you like, you'll have to pick whom you want to bring back.

Back