BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Ophie: That is not true. I have been able to get 2 Pokemon per day. Last night I got Kangaskhan AND Mawhile on the same night. Before I wake my Pokemon up I always leave the Dream World while still asleep then I re enter and then prepare to wake up after I check the friend board. By doing it this way I am able to send items and wake my Pokemon 2 times and download 2 Pokemon also. Try this method before you wake your Pokemon. Sometimes I forget to check the friend board and only get 1 Pokemon but most of the time I can get 2 Pokemon per day.:)

Ophie said:
There's a limit of 1 Pokémon every 24 hours in the Dream World. If you find multiple Pokémon you like, you'll have to pick whom you want to bring back.
To be accurate, it is actually a limit of 1 Pokemon per visit to the Dream World. It is possible to get 2 Pokemon in the same hour of DW time: start your hour with your Pokemon in DW already, make a wish, take it back, deposit again, make another wish before the hour's up, and take it back again (then wait until the next day to deposit again with Game Sync). I have done it a few times.

I said what xxashxx just said, but in a less wordy fashion.

Yeah it did not work today but did yesterday. I think it only works every other day or something XD. I got another Skorupi though and traded for a DW Drowzee so technically I got my 2 events for the day XD.:)

It isn't physically possible to get 2 Pokemon per day for 2 days in a row, because the day has to start with your Pokemon already tucked in if you want 2 that day.

All right. So if I get this straight, to get 2 Pokémon in one day, you have to go without grabbing a Pokémon the previous day?

Or is it possible on one day's session, to put a Pokémon in the Dream World, wake it up and take a Pokémon back, and put something to sleep again for the Dream World; then on the next day, do what was described above; then on the third day, start the cycle over?

In any case, does this reset your list of befriended Pokémon? Or can you take two from the list if you're interested in more than one?

All right. So if I get this straight, to get 2 Pokémon in one day, you have to go without grabbing a Pokémon the previous day?
This is the case. Although you can use Game Sync as many times as you want to take things back, you can only send a Pokemon into DW with it once per day.

In either case, each time you make a wish, the list at the Dream Tree is cleared of entries. You would have to play minigames all over again, and then find someone else you want to take back, and then make the second wish (and thus clear the Dream Tree again).

Ah, all right then. So it all averages out to one per day anyway.

Well if you think about it the pattern is like this: 2 Pokemon one day and then the next day it is only 1 Pokemon. To make things simpler it is 2,1,2,1, and so on In 2 days you can get 3 Pokemon rather than just 2 in 2 days. The trick is though You may have to win a mini game make a wish and then repeat. If you don't bifriend the first time around then you might miss your first opportunity and will only be able to get 1 Pokemon. That is what I think because sometimes I get the really hard mini games and it takes me 45 minutes to get 1 Pokemon.:)

It can't be 2 1 2 1. It can be 2 1 1 1 1, but at least one day before a 2 has to be a 0 - because a "2 day" has to start with your Pokemon already tucked in. A "2 day" will always end with your Pokemon not tucked in. Therefore, at one of the days, you will have to cut time by not taking any Pokemon back. In the end:

Ophie said:
Ah, all right then. So it all averages out to one per day anyway.
Pretty much.

And yes, I've done the math on this.

I have had a 2 1 2 1 pattern as I tuck my Pokemon in as soon as the day switches over to midnight as I have the clock changed so I can do it a little before midnight as it is about 2 minutes fast. I have had a 2 1 21 pattern before but for it to work I have to tuck it in pretty early to do it. I should be able to get 2 Pokemon tonight if I tucked my Pokemon in early enough XD. We will see and I will let you know.:)

The thing with that is that most people are not awake at midnight and try to time their DW visits on the cusp of the day. Ah well, under normal conditions it would still average out to 1 per day.

In the end I don't know if it matters all that much. I've only gone in there to get females I haven't already obtained, and since I have at least 80% of them (most of the 20% I don't have are from Rugged Mountain), I frequently go whole hours and get nothing new (or female).

I don't think I've been in the DW for weeks because of that. *shrug*

Oh wow. Yeah Rugged Mountain is a pain. It always has the hard mini games except for the Wailord one. That one is easy and so is the Ice Cream one and the candle one. Those 3 games are a cakewalk XD.:)

EDIT: Did you guys know sometimes while you are catching Pokemon you get a fast ball and it only bumps 1 time before locking? How does this happen? I just happened a few times while I was catching some junks for a trade XD.:)

EDIT 2: DNA you were right I was only able to get 1 Pokemon today so I guess if you miss a day you still have a chance to get a Pokemon from the day before. Sorry XD.:)

Yes, that fast ball thing has happened to me many times. I'm pretty sure it's random, although I noticed when I tapped the screen at a certain time before throwing the ball it seemed to happen more often. I'm almost positive it's random, though.

You mean the critical capture. (Go to Bulbapedia for an explanation; type in 'critical capture' and it should show right up.)

Basically it just gives you vastly increased odds to catch a Pokemon. It's something like 4x what it normally would have been, and rarely (if ever) fails.

So it is like a master ball in a way XD. Cool.:)

Sometimes, it DOES fail. It's happened to me twice before. But if it happens, you can count on it catching the Pokémon immediately, even if it's a Legendary Pokémon or something.

It's not a Master Ball - it just drastically increases the chance of catching it. In most cases that will end up surpassing 100%, but in cases such as catching legendary Pokemon, that is not the case.

I think it gave an example of using a Poke Ball on a Kyurem at full health, and if it was a critical capture, it's still only 25% chance of success.

edit: Actually tonight, I tried catching Kyurem, and I threw a Timer Ball, at max power, on a <10% HP Kyurem that was SLEEPING, I got a critical capture, and it still missed!

Hmm that's weird but is still cool that it was added to the game XD.:)

where is a good place to trade pokemon, i want a cydaquil on my pokemon white and i need to find where trade can happen, im offering any legendary , PLEASE PM THE ANSWER, cuz i wont get a reply

Back