The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! No more "I want this card in Call of Legends" posts

But Mew can quickly get up to six Pokemon in the Lost Zone, regardless of its HP. By T2, you should already be able to get two Pokemon into the discard. If Mew gets KO'ed, then you can get another Pokemon during your next turn with another Mew. Plus, you have Gengar Prime to attack just in case.

EDIT: I've been testing Gigas lately, and after research, what do people think of running Steelix UL as a Machamp counter? If uses the Energy Regigigas uses, it is unaffected by Take Out, and the damage guard is very helpful since Machamp would have to depend on flips for high damage.

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! No more "I want this card in Call of Legends" posts

It could work. Neither attacks have a cheap enrgy cost. Of course, Regigigas doesn't either. It's a bit of a risk becasue of the coin flip, but it still could work.

What flip xD I'm talking about Steelix's first attack, doing 40 + 20 guard.

Oh. Ignore the part about the flip then. I'd say it could work because it's a Stage 1. Are you going to run it?

I've seen better, Machamp can blow right through that. Can you explain to me more about it?

The way I was planning on playing lostgar was just as a speed deck with no mew, and a 1-1 palkia g X tech, so that once they have 4 pokes in the lost zone and have layed down all their basics to get them out of they're hand, you just lost cyclone and win in the same turn.

^Thats an interesting way of playing it. I was think 4-3-2 Cursegar and 0-0-2 Gengar Prime. That would be a little slow though.

Yeah I was really thinking of doing that too, but I decided it would be really slow and kinda inconsistent, needing spiritomb start and having 2 gengars out.

and this season will be ALL about consistency.

^
aka Machamp, LuxChomp, DialgaChomp and Gyarados(borderline)
Most conistent decks.
period.
LostGar if we get Lost World will be superfast. I think GenPlume is more inconsistent but that its flaws will show up in CC's, Sablelock is slow turning(at least in my area)into BlazeChomp.

I'd say Gyarados is vey consistent. If a Gyarados is knocke out, Combee for Magikarp, Bebe for G-dos, all setup again.

@C4.
Exactly with Vilegar/Genplume
It top cuts, but cant be consistent enough to win a lot.

Yeah,
also w/ Gyarados the reason i put it at borderline is because it is more prone to bad starts, w/ no sableye and b/c it has problems v. Tomb and Power Spray.

I have been doing REALLY well with gyarados and will probably be playing it for at least the CC this weekend. It can occasionally get a bad start, but it can usually dig itself out of any hole it gets into. Against Vilegar I can set up faster than them since they can't always get a second tomb on their bench, and it's pretty easy to get around fainting spell, by attatching to uxie, doing 90, warp to uxie and psychic restore. It's not as hard as it sounds. Plus regi move gets rid of trainers. An even to maybe favorable matchup, really.

This is a really balanced format. I really cannot decide what to play for Cities at all. It doesn't help that the meta is undetermined. I'll probably go with either LuxChomp, DialgaChomp, Umbreon/Machamp, Donphan/Machamp, Donphan, Machamp, or Gyarados.

The problem with Gyarados is if you Start with a Regice or Registeel (if you run it). Thats the worst possible start. How do i get out of that start when under trainer lock?
I'm still using Gyarados for CC's.

Shouldn't Gyarados run Warp energy? I would run at least 3 just in case of that scenario. Plus it helps with Luxray.

I run three. In one of my games I never got them untill I had a Q and 2 rescue Energys one Registeel. I lost :p

Yeah, well i guess there's not much else you can do. Maybe tech in some more basics if you're that worried about it. That seems to be the only con of Gyarados other than trainer lock.

Nah. I'm swapping the Registeel for Regice, though Registeel provides an OK wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back