The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!* *New banners!*

Good luck trying to find some english Crobat prime, tell me when you do in about 2 months XD. Crobat prime is soooooo good. And after doing intense research, I found its perfect little partner...;)

The card seems meh to me. Luxray KILLS it.

Yeah, but since you already run psychic, you can tech in 1-2 promocroak and a mini cyrus engine even, and then your OWN Luxray.

I agree with seth here.

By the time we get this card Unown G will be gone or soon to be gone and 40 poison is just beastly.
While Crobat Prime may not be an SP, its attack only requires 1 energy meaning you can SSU to heal.
Free retreat just like Luxray and also as seth said, run it as a sub SP deck in ways.

It may not have the best "muscle" but there are plenty of combos to be made.

*grinds to a halt*
Remember people, Shadow is someone who just about 2 months ago was telling me how Crobat prime is bad and stuff. Remember that for when it becomes tier 1 please ;). But no seriously, what can stop it? Evolving sure, but with a whole list of techs, evolving wont matter. The 30 snipe attack is great, because while poison is destroying the active, the 30 snipe takes out the bench techs.

Does anyone else like a 2-2 Weezing in Crobat? It may take up 2 bench spaces but the poison can take out almost anything in the format after they attack once. With two Weezings on the bench they take 60 from poison, attack, take 60 more. 120 Should either KO them or put them 1-2 damage away. If they're a tank just snipe and it'll faint in between turns. If it's not play Crobat G and with the galactic engine already in there you can knock out their big attackers. Also Crobat poisons so say bye bye gengar. :D

Weezing cant go as a 2-2. A 1-1 maybe. If your going for Crobat donk, you need 4 scoops, 4 turns, 2 Crobat Gs. If your going for a double donk, then idk...lol. Double donk would be Crobat G'ing the benched pokemon, saving one turn for the active, and then killing the active with poison.

Gliscor: I won't be here on Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday. So I won't be online as much to post. Just giving you heads up that I'm not here. Thanks.

Hey guys, I know this is an exclucive deck that Steven Silvestro made and no one can get a list(except basic ones w/ basic stuff, no way THE LIST would be anywhere except Steven's deck box =P) I built one, it might not be the best one, but it works and I will tweak it w/ play testing. Sablelock!

Pokemon: (20)
4 Sableye
3 Honchkrow G
2-2 Garchomp C
2 Giratina (PL 9)
2 Crobat G
1 Uxie LA
1-1 Honchcrow SV
1-1 Mewtwo X

T/S/S: (29)
4 Cyrus’ Conspiracy
4 Cyrus’ Initiative
4 Poketurn
4 Power Spray
4 SSUs
3 Energy Gain
3 Collectors
1 SP Radar
1 Palmers

Energy: (12)
4 DCE
4 Special Dark
2 basic Dark
2 Psycic

So this is Sablelock. I always wondered what it looked like, so... I heard the deck was made for disruption. Basically T1 Impersonate for Cyrus' Initiative, right? But then, I don't really know the rest. Can you explain the deck for me, piplup?

Honchkrow MT is terrible. There is absolutely no excuse to play one. Honchkrow SV isn't a bad idea, although 1-1 is much better as charging it up can be problematic at times. You probably don't need it too badly, though; most Gyarados fall easily to Initiative/Giratina.

Otherwise seems solid. I myself would try and fit a Mewtwo Lv.X and at least two Psychic Energy for the mirror matchup, but you can probably go without it.

Well it is like you said initiative lock w/ sableye or sableye donk if your lucky... Disruption for the rest of the way with all of your stuff. Attack w/ Garchomp until Honchrow is ready then just Dark Wing Flaps over and over. Its pretty much a deck that kills your opponents set up. If they set up and can recover, then its sort of over. This kill Gyra thought, just save initiatives and kill there recovery! Also kills Gengar, because of it's slowness

EDIT: PokeChamp, changed the list a little

piplup234 said:
Well it is like you said initiative lock w/ sableye or sableye donk if your lucky... Disruption for the rest of the way with all of your stuff. Attack w/ Garchomp until Honchrow is ready then just Dark Wing Flaps over and over. Its pretty much a deck that kills your opponents set up. If they set up and can recover, then its sort of over. This kill Gyra thought, just save initiatives and kill there recovery! Also kills Gengar, because of it's slowness

EDIT: PokeChamp, changed the list a little

I like it. I like it a lot.

Instead of NM, you could try Aaron's Recovery. Most of the deck attacks for a single Energy anyway, so get back a Sabeleye/Krow and a basic dark to keep on hitting. If you don't want less recovery, than you might as well opt for more. In any deck that plays Cyrus, I would go for Palmer's over Night Maintenance at the very least, because it is easily searchable with Cyrus.

What should I take out for Moonlight? I know I need it for Hochcrow SV...

piplup234 said:
What should I take out for Moonlight? I know I need it for Hochcrow SV...

I'd consider axing Honchkrow SV. You have to have Moonlight, Poke Turn your active, or waste an Energy. Honchkrow SV is going to make you waste resources, and the only matchup it helps is versus Gyarados, which you should already be able to beat. I'd just get rid of 'Krow and put something else in, maybe Moonlight so Mewtwo, in my opinion the more important card here, free retreat.

I forgot to mention the two Psychic Energy also help for Crobat's attack. Without it, Donphan is an auto-loss.

Well there is a Gyra swarm here in OH there was
4 in T8
2 in T4
2 in T2

As you can see gyra swarms here and I'll need a better counter than that... Also, I might attack w/ honchcrow for against SP's and even Gyra... I might just not KO the Karps and have them waste their scoop ups =P I'm not gonna cut the honch... I might cut Mewtwo... It's not like Florida, I'd probably be the only person playing it or 1of 2 or close to it, low chance of playing against it

EDIT: wait, how do u beat mime?

I'm trying out Sablelock right now, but a much more different variant. I just made a deck that is similar to Sablelock, but it focuses more on Giratina Lv.X to disrupt/Lost Zone than the way the original deck runs. I run Honchkrow/Crobat G for sniping, and Garchomp C Lv.X for sniping/healing. I'm sketchy if this will do well, though. I think it should, but then I'll have to setup a Claydol (theorymon here) if I need to really get a setup going.

Ohla, I just joined today.
So on the sablelock thing, i like it but for me it might almost be better if Sableye didn't have the body that made it go first, then you could donk SPs more easily(expert belt+crobat+darkness special OHKO's most of the metagame SPs). Also Henry you beat Mr.Mime by Mewtwo LV.X(if it's not evolved from Mime Jr. and you just stall mime out) or by using Mewtwo LV.X and using either Psychic(IDK if that's the right name but the attack on the LA, that does 60 for two psychic and a colorless)or Giga Burn if it's a belted Mime.
You could also use GCX or Honchkrow SV if you didn't attach a DCE/energy to them

Sounds slow... Might work, but I'd like to see match-ups and results
CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Ohla, I just joined today.
So on the sablelock thing, i like it but for me it might almost be better if Sableye didn't have the body that made it go first, then you could donk SPs more easily(expert belt+crobat+darkness special OHKO's most of the metagame SPs). Also Henry you beat Mr.Mime by Mewtwo LV.X(if it's not evolved from Mime Jr. and you just stall mime out) or by using Mewtwo LV.X and using either Psychic(IDK if that's the right name but the attack on the LA, that does 60 for two psychic and a colorless)or Giga Burn if it's a belted Mime.
You could also use GCX or Honchkrow SV if you didn't attach a DCE/energy to them
Ok, but w/ cursegar, they just retreat and OHKO Mewtwo...

I'm going to start testing after dinner, since I want some time to do whatever right now. Or maybe start soon if I get bored. I don't know. I'm not concerned about Giratina Lv.X's Lost Zone attack, but more for Giratina #10's disrupt attack. For two energy, I can play around with my opponent's hand. Then with the Lv.X's Body, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back