The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!* *New banners!*

No... this is DP-HSU, not DP-LL. Besides, this is for the Spring BR's, not the Fall BR's. So Claydol is still in.

I don't think Magnazone will offer many decks great draw power because you won't be able to empty your hand very much. With Claydol you can put 2 cards on the bottom. Also Magnazone is a stage two making it harder to get out.

^Hit the nail on the head. Whereas Claydol can get rid of a bad hand and refresh it, Magnezone can only give yoy a couple cards. Also, it doesn't prevent Decking like Claydol does.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I like it, should stillb e somewhat fast.
Also I think GlisTomb will do good at worlds, if LuxChomp is still BDIF....
IDK why everyone is play Donphan when at least IMO GlisTomb is better...

Who in the world is playing Donphan(Besides me and a few people here)? If that's true I will be rather upset. lol

^I see lots of people playing Donphan in my area. More than Gliscor, at least.

I played Flyphan and did pretty well with it at States getting 3rd and 11th at 2 different States. Blaze50 played the exact same deck at Regs and did ok 3-3. So I would say Flyphan isn't that good and is dying.

lol Zangoose. Good RS game. I probably told you, but if you didn't get that heads on the SSU I would Flash Bit the Giratina for a prize, and then use Dialga G Lv.X to KO the Poisoned Donphan for another prize. GG.

Anyways, Donphan is fast and all but can be played around. Gyarados namely, as even with Giratina Gyarados can still come back and win.

CyndaquilMaster said:
I played Flyphan and did pretty well with it at States getting 3rd and 11th at 2 different States. Blaze50 played the exact same deck at Regs and did ok 3-3. So I would say Flyphan isn't that good and is dying.

My main problem with flyphan was I faced a machamp deck and they got 4 heads with hurricane punch which cost me the game. Also it failed against garaydos because donphan gets one hitted by garaydos and Flygon can only take two hits and garaydos comes back the next turn, if you knock it out.

Yes and that is why Donphan isn't so hot, Gyarados just eats it alive.
But oh well, it beats L-Chomp, sometimes so that's why it is somewhat alive.

Okay, we have all established that T-Tar Prime is good.
It has all the qualities of goodness;
-High HP
-Balanced attacks (energy cost)
-Spread damage
-Power 1HKO attacks (megaton tail)
-Good resistance

The only flaws are as follows;

-High retreat cost
-Megaton tail costs 4 energy
-bad weakness

The retreat cost is fixed by Moonlight Stadium and the energy cost by DCE.

Leaving weakness as its only major flaw.

SO.
What is a good combo to use with it?
I havent seen much flygon now, so maybe Darkrai X????

Darkrai also has weakness to fighting, making you more vunerable.
I would try it w/ Flygon w/ Weavile SW. Seeing as my original intent with it was slaugherted(thanks PUSA...)

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Darkrai also has weakness to fighting, making you more vunerable.
I would try it w/ Flygon w/ Weavile SW. Seeing as my original intent with it was slaugherted(thanks PUSA...)

Yeah, Im doubting darkrai now.

BUT! An Idea JUST hit me.

What about metagross SV???

Think about it. Its body reduces the HP of ALL pokemon in play by 20.

And with Tyrannitars HP at 160 its not really bothered by that.
So now, with that 20 damage spread attack, it will be much faster for collecting prizes.

And slower...
Clunkier...
I've never liked Metagross SV, plus it makes you even more vulnerable to fighting.
We'll see but T-tar seems like it is good but just doesn't work(kinda like Leafeon/Gallade 4)

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
And slower...
Clunkier...
I've never liked Metagross SV, plus it makes you even more vulnerable to fighting.
We'll see but T-tar seems like it is good but just doesn't work(kinda like Leafeon/Gallade 4)

Ah ah ah. Not quite. Metagross is weak to FIRE, not fighting.

Plus, its just a tech, not a full "lets use it to attack" line.

Well, another option, a faster less clunky option is mewtwo Lv X for SP match ups I suppose.

No i mean that T-tar now has 140 HP, leaving him more vulnerable to fighting, mainly
E-belted Machamp
Toxicroak G Promo
Donphan

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *How did you do at the Prerelease?

My prereleases are over. I got both halves for Raikou/Suicune, the bottom half of E/R, two T-Tar Prime, Steelix Prime, and traded for Crobat Prime. Unfortunately, I got no Rare Candy or Jirachi but some good pulls overall.

I've also begun to write up my next article. Should be posted soon depending on how lazy I am.

EDIT: For T-Tar Prime, has anyone tried out Memory Berry with it? With Memory Berry, you can reuse L-Tar's and P-Tar's attacks. L-Tar's Mountain Eater can give you T1 disruption, and can heal T-Tar with Berry and disrupt. With the P-Tar (one with a Body) you can use Rage whenever T-Tar has taken a lot of damage, making you able to do tons of damage with only one DCE. Above all, without the three card discard.

I really liked how you referred to Larvitar and Pupitar as L-Tar and P-Tar. Anyway, I went 3-0 at my prerelease, unfortunately there were no prizes for winning :( The main attacker was Sudowoodo, with Floatzel and Onix to provide energy and healing support. I used Stantler and Minun to get my basics, with Dunsparce and Plusle as draw. Awesome, huh? I pulled Crobat Prime, but couldn't use it because I pulled no Golbats. I also pulled the bottom half of E/R. No RC, but one SSU. It was still a great time.

Pulled a bottom of R/S and a Lanturn Prime, and traded each for a Crobat prime. I went 3-2, my deck sweeped with Lanturn and Sudowoodo, and both losses were pretty close. I pulled a Rare candy in my last 2 packs(also 2 Judge and 2 SSU btw, one SSU reverse) and I had fun. Also, pretty good idea Gliscor.

My prerelease was a beast. I pulled 2-1-1 T-Tar Prime, 1-1-1 Kingdra, 1-1 Mismagius, 1 Onix, two Stantler, and a whole bunch of other goodies. Every time I got out T-Tar, I just swept. I crushed and dominated. Until the last round, where a very slow T-Tar Prime cost me the game. Still, it was amazing.

Okay here's my deck iirc:
2-1 Lanturn Prime
1 Sudowoodo
2 Onix(the good energy healing kind)
3-2 Pupitar(2 Mountain Eater, 1 of the other, 1 of each Pupa)
1 Tauros
1 Dunsparce
2 Stantler
2 Judge
1 Cheerleader's Chear
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Good Rod
2 Pokemon Circulator
1 Life Herb
1 Energy Returner
8 {F} energy
6 {L} energy