The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *How did you do at the Prerelease?

Im still testing kingdra so I have no clear answer yet.

Also, I re arranged my Ttar prime list;

3-2-3 Ttar Prime
2-2 Claydol
2 Sableye (SF)
1-1 Darkrai Lv X
2 Shaymin UL
1 Uxie

In my area, only 1 player has a flygon deck. Flygon has become scarce and almost non existant. So extreme attack is very little to worry about. Plus, my build has bench shield that can help too.

My original list was a spread set up, but now, I feel it should be all about Power Claw. 2 (dark and DCE) for 60 or 80 with ebelt.

And the shaymin UL is for recovery. If my active ttar is almost KO'd, I can just bench shaymin and move all its energy to a new ttar.

Sounds good, i'd stick a tomb in there too.
Also i like the shaymin idea

I would either go with 4 Spiritomb or 4 Sableye. No 2-2 Sableye-Spiritomb decks. It can get you a good start but you should decide if you want Set-Up or Disruption and possible donks.

So I am just jumping into the conversation so can someone explain how this T-TARD works? What do you guys think of Blast Gator?

T

^Wow really? :rolleyes:

Okay, there are 2 versions of Tyranitar Prime; Heavy Hitter and Speed Spreader.

The Heavy Hitter variation is somthing like this;

3-2-3 Ttar Prime
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Darkrai Lv X
2 Sableye
2 Shaymin UL
1 Uxie

Basically you start with either L-Tar or Sableye and set up. On T2, you are hitting them for 60+ damage.
With darkrai out and ebelt, your 60 damage attack becomes 80-100.
And your megaton tail is doing 140-160.

With lots of energy attached to him, it makes it hard to recover right?
Well thats why theres Shaymin UL. When your active Ttar is close to being knocked out, just bench shaymin and transfer all the energy over to the new one, bring it up and keep going.

My particular list runs trainer heavy to keep options open in the even of being power locked. I also run bench shield for darkrai and/or claydol and lucians assignment for when Shaymin is sprayed.

Now for the speed spread version, it will look somthing like this;

3-2-3 Ttar Prime
2-2 Manectric (PL)
1-0-1 Ampharos (PL)
2-2 Claydol
2 Sableye
1 Uxie

In my list, Im consistantly able to get a T1 Claydol, Ttar, and Manectric.
Then I just attack with Darkness Howl and start the spread.
For this list I use SSU.
Just keep spreading away.

I dont use this version much cause my playstyle is heavy offence.
I used to use Salamence, what do you expect? lol

My friend is playing Blast Gatr and after lots of testing he found it does work well, but its a little slow in teh set up. But once its up and running, its a beast. VERY Hard to stop.

I think when the HGSS^ FINALLY comes then the Blast/Gator will be dead because of Ampharos/ other soon to be released electric that could help lock, but for right now this thing is BEAST!! But that is just my two sense :)

^I... don't get what you're saying. HGSS did come out, and Ampharos isn't played...

AMpy is not play because it is to inconsitant. You have luxray, or it has you. When I say Blast Gator I mean the new one and even with Ampy prime it just won't do anything.

BTW I like the Speed-Tard the best just for the sense of it and it has the ability to take more prizes faster but if you Op has a Trick to then your screwed but then again you could just do the 120 attack.

T

I like t-tar w/ garchomp c. it sorta works, almost akin in playstyle to D-Chomp.(w/out trainer locking but like the switching and then healing crobats/garchomp c)might try it but prolly sticking w/ LuxApe/other SP decks or G-dos/luxray

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I like t-tar w/ garchomp c. it sorta works, almost akin in playstyle to D-Chomp.(w/out trainer locking but like the switching and then healing crobats/garchomp c)might try it but prolly sticking w/ LuxApe/other SP decks or G-dos/luxray

What are you healing? Garchomp heals SP pokemon. Ttar Prime is not an SP pokemon.

You are healing garchomp from the damage it takes from dark howl. Read the venom chomp article, but swap in t-tar instead of crobat, IMO T-Chomp is better because both cards can use DCE.

Where's the synergy? Well, Crobat pretty much forces the wounded pokemon to retreat. Once they do this, Garchomp can pick them off easily.

That may work for this deck, but with Tyranitar Prime, its damage output is high enough to 1HKO any pokemon already. There is little need for that 80 snipe.

Yeah but you can cripple their set up by killing Claydols with the snipe, then start OHKOing their attackers while they struggle to set up without Claydol. This is talking about Speed-Tar not Spread-Tar of course.

What do you think would be the best deck choice to take down the meta for BR's/Nationals?

As of now, all we can do is some theorymon. It's better to wait until the BR results then come to Nats/Worlds.

But from what I can see now, I can't be exact. I still think Luxchomp will do very well, but that's me.

This is a VERY bold statment, but I think LuxChomp will fall to Tyranitar Prime.

Why?

Tyranitar has really high HP. Luxray needs to 3HKO it and Garchomp needs at least 2HKO.
Meanwhile, TTar is hitting anything they play for a 1HKO.

With Bench Shield, Claydol is safe from Dragon Rush, and with Warp Points, Bright Look is not much of an issue.

And as for Power Spray, well, as long as TTar is set up or almost set up by T2, spraying Claydol wont matter much.

However, do you think T-Tar will be played widely? Also, Garchomp can heal spread damage and it takes at least three turns for T-Tar to get to the OHKOing stage by which time Garchomp C X can have sniped him out. Plus T-Tar falls to Donphan, and LuxChomp can use Toxipromo for 120 damage. Bright look becomes an issue if they bright look a claydol then ko it.

I changed my list for straight up power. Im not using spread anymore.
Plus, the less people that use Ttar, the better. If no one uses it, then no one has a tech for it either.

T1, attach dark energy.
T2, DCE and hit for 60/80 (ebelt)

I have reversals for important kills.

shadoworganoid said:
I changed my list for straight up power. Im not using spread anymore.
Plus, the less people that use Ttar, the better. If no one uses it, then no one has a tech for it either.

T1, attach dark energy.
T2, DCE and hit for 60/80 (ebelt)

I have reversals for important kills.

60/80 is not enough to OHKO any pokemon in LuxChomp. Besides, there is no guarentee you can set up that fast, reversals are flippy, and LuxChomp has Garchomp C X to heal damage.

Sure it is! 80 damage is enough to 1hko almost all pokemon in that deck.

Luxray GL - 80 HP
Garchomp C - 80 HP
Ambipom G - 80 Hp
Crobat G - 80 HP

Power Claw with Ebelt will 1hko all of those.
Then;

Luxray GL Lv X - 110 HP
Garchomp C Lv X - 110 HP

Megaton Tail with or without Ebelt for 120 and KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back