The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! Getting ready for Battle Roads!

I won't be on as often because I'll be going to maine, halifax and other places on a cruise.

Maybe I'll see one of you there. :)

I decided to go with Mismagius SF over ERL.

CyndaquilMaster said:
It's not like it was going anywhere. Wasn't there a combo with another Breloom or Flygon? Something like that maybe...

Anyway, who's coming to Maine? I know at least 2 people in this group are going and I must meet you. The competition in Maine is lacking hard. (3rd place in a local tourney goes to Typloshion/Ampharos Prime or Magmortar/Tangrowth with a Water tech)

Goes to maine....
lol @ our BR's/Local tourneys everyone played Tier(Gengar, FlyChamp, LuxApe/Chomp, Jumpluff, Gyrados, i mean literally NO ROGUE/none tier)

Rogue decks are becoming less common in Maryland. I've seen players that are now trying Flychamp, Kingdra, Sablelock, Plox, Blazeray, SWD with Luxchomp, decks like that.

Hey sorry, I was gone for a few days. Went to Northern AZ to get my friend back home.

Gliscor said:
Rogue decks are becoming less common in Maryland. I've seen players that are now trying Flychamp, Kingdra, Sablelock, Plox, Blazeray, SWD with Luxchomp, decks like that.

Man, all we see in NM are rogues, and LuxChomp. No joke. But we don't often have good rogues. Well, see the thing is, they're just rogue cuz they're bad. Like, "throw-every-rare-you-own-into-a-deck-with Arceus cuz he's the best" kinda rogues. Yeah. The only rogue that's done ok is my friend Vulpix Yolk's Gengar/Flygon that won States. What are ya'll playing for BR's? I'm Playing Jumpluff, cuz I'm kinda short on cash and it's the deck I'm most comfortable using. Also, sorry for the inactivity from me as of late.

For battle roads I'm sticking with arceus (its really the only deck I have a grip on playing still).

Out here in Idaho, we have the Luxchomp, Lady gaga, flygon/anything, blaziken/gliscor, gyarados, donphan and then other crap. Most of the meta stuff is probably just cheap netdecking. Nothing seems too orignal or even well played. (Its pretty sad when they can't place top 32 at idaho states. I didn't go, but it was probably all out of stater in top 8)

^Gliscor/Blaziken? I've never heard of that one.

I'll probably play Donphan/Luxray with an ERL tech. I have the SP engine so I can get energies easy. ERL can take easy prizes from leftover Uxie's. If I'm lucky they'll play SP or Brongzong sf for energy.

CyndaquilMaster said:
^Gliscor/Blaziken? I've never heard of that one.

Burn with Blaziken, and then do Pester for 80 with Gliscor. It has a hard time against SP's since you can Power Spray the Blaziken.

I have no idea what I'll be running. I'm trying out Palkia Lock right now, but I'll probably change decks (like I usually do).

BTW, I'm going to have to leave the co-leaders to run the Group again. Starting tomorrow, I'll be on vacation for a week (again).

Is it a different Gliscor? I'm thinking of the LA one, is this the Promo Gliscor?

I'm looking to try Blazeray w/ DGX as a mewtwo counter, i couldn't fit in Chomp C X or call energy, but it runs smoothly, the problem is Blazeray has a near autoloss to LuxChomp because Chomp C X snipes my bench completely. I might try Ambipom G tech in it and maybe level max.

You could try Manetric PL with a Bench Shield. It only takes 3 cards compared to Ambipom, but they'll most likely KO Ambipom after you KO the Garchomp.

I've been pretty bored at work, so I am working on a chart that will provide percentages for drawing cards in an opening hand based on the # of copies in deck. It'll also provide percentages of cards getting prized based on the # of copies left in deck after the opening hand. And finally, the percentages for drawing on the first draw.

I think it'll be a great deck building tool that will help figure out how many copies to run, the chance of needed cards being prized and the change of too many copies muking stuff up.

If you are interest, I can make little laminated cards with the chart and send them to you.

creamyjeremy said:
I've been pretty bored at work, so I am working on a chart that will provide percentages for drawing cards in an opening hand based on the # of copies in deck. It'll also provide percentages of cards getting prized based on the # of copies left in deck after the opening hand. And finally, the percentages for drawing on the first draw.

I think it'll be a great deck building tool that will help figure out how many copies to run, the chance of needed cards being prized and the change of too many copies muking stuff up.

If you are interest, I can make little laminated cards with the chart and send them to you.
That sounds like a really good idea. I would be interested.

Ive been going with my town's SD, sorry cant tell you guys yet. Ill definitely be playing that for BR's, I think it has potential.

What happens if you play in your town's BR? You're all playing the same deck, yeh, that would be funny.

well Im the only one playing it, but some of the people at my league came up with the idea. Its been doing really really well for me.

What does everybody think about Luxchomp's dominance at World's? It won both Masters and Seniors.

and got second in juniors. Its really kinda strange to me honestly. Cant wait to read reports of the winners

CyndaquilMaster said:
What does everybody think about Luxchomp's dominance at World's? It won both Masters and Seniors.

Well, I wish something more interesting would have won, but it's no surprise. There's a reason people call it the BDIF :/
Still, props to the people who won, they obviously played well and had well built decks. I'm glad Jumpluff won cuz my friend owes me money nao.

i just cant seem to play a luxchomp deck only sablelock but i guess that if people are winning with it they must be doing something right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back