The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! Getting ready for Battle Roads!

I can play luxchomp OK, but I still am not very good at it. Its just kinda boring

Its probably the case that luxchomp is so well played that strategies for countering other popular decks have become nearly perfected. Combined with its good base speed and ease of play, it makes good sense. It could have not happened, but its not a miracle that it won both.

I wasn't surprised, i thought Jumpluff would get the win in Juniors, it was just so obvious that it would win,also a "cute" deck for a girl to win worlds, lol.
LuxChomp is almost a "perfect" deck, honestly it just depends on what matchups you want to counter and it can, i can play it well, just haven't gone to many tourneys lately, i'll run it for BR's definitely and at least some of my CC's(want to try Mew Prime/Absol Prime deck...)
Also assuming the Jumpluff played Luxray GL LV.X, that would mean that in the 6 Worlds winning decks since its release Luxray GL/Luxray GL LV.X have been in all of them ;)

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Also assuming the Jumpluff played Luxray GL LV.X, that would mean that in the 6 Worlds winning decks since its release Luxray GL/Luxray GL LV.X have been in all of them ;)

To me, this is sad. I don't mean to be a n00b and go, "Luxray isnt that good its overpriced," because it really is that good. I think it's a little silly that there would be a card printed that would completely dominate the format as Luxray has. I mean, you can make almost any deck better just by cramming in a 1-1 Luxray line with some Poketurn. Eh, I kinda just wish it hadn't ever been printed, but can you imagine the format like that? ;)

IDK what i think,but on your point if EVERYONE else just played Machamp or Donphan it would phail, it's just that's it's counters aren't popular, except promocroak.

Hm. Granted, and then Kingra and Gyarados would get popular, and the check to them would be Luxray, etc, etc. Like a special li'l circle of life. I think it's fun to think about what the metagame woul dbe like with or without certain cards ;)

^Wasn't that pretty much the entire HGSS speculation? People will play Donphan so Gatr will be popular. Then Jumpluff would be used, Charizrard would keep that in check, bringing Gatr back into the picture. That was before anyone knew that the set wasn't that good.

CyndaquilMaster said:
^Wasn't that pretty much the entire HGSS speculation? People will play Donphan so Gatr will be popular. Then Jumpluff would be used, Charizrard would keep that in check, bringing Gatr back into the picture. That was before anyone knew that the set wasn't that good.

Was it? lol I was trying to be surprised so I barely payed any attention to the set's hyped cards >_> It's interesting though, why didn't that happen as people expected?

Because Gatr was slow, Charizard couldn't compete, and even Ampharos couldn't live up to its smaller hyping.

CyndaquilMaster said:
Because Gatr was slow, Charizard couldn't compete, and even Ampharos couldn't live up to its smaller hyping.

Gatr isnt slow when paired with blastoise UL and PL, Rare Candy, Fisherman, and Floatzel Gl X

Tylertyphlosion said:
Gatr isnt slow when paired with blastoise UL and PL, Rare Candy, Fisherman, and Floatzel Gl X
Two stage-2's, a Lv.X, and the fact that we don't have any Claydol really makes the deck slow. The deck was slow with Claydol, and will remain slow without Claydol.

Gliscor said:
Two stage-2's, a Lv.X, and the fact that we don't have any Claydol really makes the deck slow. The deck was slow with Claydol, and will remain slow without Claydol.
I set up extremely fast whenever I face SP decks. It may sound slow on paper, but when used, it is not.
and! I forgot 4x Mantine HGSS

Gliscor said:
Yeah, I tried a BlasGatr on RS, and it's too slow, and pretty inconsistent. And I ran it without Floatzel. I think it's a really fun deck to play, but it won't be winning any big tourneys any time soon. Also, I think Spiritomb is a better starter than Mantine.

I used Blastigatr with Tombs and it always was good for me. I put in a 1-1-1 Kingdra Prime tech, because Crobat G took up more room and I could attack with Kingdra if I had to.

CyndaquilMaster said:
I used Blastigatr with Tombs and it always was good for me. I put in a 1-1-1 Kingdra Prime tech, because Crobat G took up more room and I could attack with Kingdra if I had to.

That's actually a really good idea. I but it still gives you another Stage 2 to set-up... But you're right, it is better than Crobat G.

I use 3 Candies in the deck, with a lot of Collectors so it was pretty easy to get Kingdra set up. The chances of having 2 of my main Pokemon (Squirtle, Totodile, Spiritomb, and Baltoy) was pretty slim, so I almost always got Horsea with a Collector. The idea was actually my friend Chardragons idea. (Was in this group, never posted, got kicked off. Has about 2 total posts, you probably would not know him here)

When I was talking about slowness and inconsistency, I was referring to a post-Claydol era. I think it can work decently enough with Claydol, but without it... IDK.

Yeah, it would be extremely hard without Claydol. Maybe putting in 4 Uxie's with 4 SSU, beefing up the Kingdra Line to a 2-1-2. That way you can attack with Kingdra, while setting up Gatr and Blastoise. It'd still be hard as Kingdra needs Claydol too, but maybe it will get enough disruption so you can get a Blastoise out.

When I get home I will throw my decklist together and you guys can crit it?

CyndaquilMaster said:
Yeah, it would be extremely hard without Claydol. Maybe putting in 4 Uxie's with 4 SSU, beefing up the Kingdra Line to a 2-1-2. That way you can attack with Kingdra, while setting up Gatr and Blastoise. It'd still be hard as Kingdra needs Claydol too, but maybe it will get enough disruption so you can get a Blastoise out.

We can but you'd have to post it in the Deck Garage, post the link and I'll try to help at least. Decklists aren't allowed in Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back