The Student Lounge Thread

Yep. New Mexico was rated 48th in the states in terms of education, and I think we have around a 60% graduation rate (but at my school it's way lower).

^We had something weird happen in VA too, get ready for this...

The security officer for my school steals from kids lockers and pawns the stuff all at the same pawn store using his real name... what an idiot

My locker opens without a combo, so I stopped keeping my Ipod touch in there. I just carry it around with me. I could get in trouble for doing that.

LOL, my school doesn't have lockers. So we have to carry around 6 binders and a pairs of PE clothes everyday in just our backpack, haha. I don't bring anything valuable to school, cuz I don't want it to get stolen. That's just me being paranoid, though.

Same about being paranoid sometimes. Are lockers are really small. My binder can't fit in it.

Our lockers ar ehuge but really nasty so I usually just carry my stuff around with me, cuz its really nasty

Well im super OCD and the lockers are rusty and mine ha some sort of yellow stuff in the back of it so... yeah just freaks me out

Yellow stuff, oh gosh, thats.... disgusting.

Health class freaks me out because I just, uh, sorta, get grossed out everyday because they talk about disgusting things and I am easily disgusted. This quarter were learning about the body which also freaks me out because we look at muscles and the Nervous System (*shudders*), and its just, awful. And my health and Science periods are right next to each other, right after lunch. I fell like puking the entire time. It's awful.

^yeah, but atleast I got to stay home today... not to mention that apparently eating 28 slices of pizza and drink an extra large slurpee after ward doesnt make me sick, but I drink a glass of water and I spent the morning throwing up... I missed a DBQ, so sad

DBQ= document based questions

You get a few document about a topic ex. The Industrial Revolution and you are asked to analyze the documents

Q1- always analyze the graph
Q2- compare and contrast
Q3- OPVL (origin, purpose, value, limitations)
Q4- Mini Essay (where your own knowledge comes into play as well)

Our DBQs are different. I don't have them anymore, but when I did, it was 7-9 documents, you answered a few questions on each, and then you wrote a 1-3 page essay based on a topic given at the beginning of the documents. You had to use about half of the documents as sources in your essay.

Excellent... One day left then half term. I felt like I was going to be sick about five times today.

Then we finished our science lesson.

Bad school day. We watched a video about brains in science class. They picked up real human brain. I didn't watch the video...

Ugh. Don't get me started on tests. We've had 2 full day tests and I;ve fallen asleep at least 5 times

Still a tad bit sick, and slept through my mom trying to wake me up for school so I got to skip again, oh yeah and threw up a few times no biggie

Back