Pokemon Unpopular Opinions Thread

ThatPokemonCollector said:
The story and the locations are what make the game, not just the Pokémon.

Yeah, I can really agree with that. They should be determining factors when comparing Generations as well. There's definitely more than one factor (for example, I've grown to love Hoenn as a Region but I find Sinnoh and Unova to be a little lacking in that regard but I like the 5th Gen Pokemon).

dmaster out.

Zubat is one of my favorite Pokemon. I like the fact you get it early in nearly every game and its final evolution is good. :)

• I like Jynx more than Gothitelle and its whole evo line.
  • I think Torchic should of kept its wing flaps design.
  • The only reason why I never pick Mudkip, is because I find Swampert very ugly.
  • I think the 6th gen prof that gives you the 1st gen starters, should give you the 3rd gen ones instead.

dmaster said:
ThatPokemonCollector said:
The story and the locations are what make the game, not just the Pokémon.

Yeah, I can really agree with that. They should be determining factors when comparing Generations as well. There's definitely more than one factor (for example, I've grown to love Hoenn as a Region but I find Sinnoh and Unova to be a little lacking in that regard but I like the 5th Gen Pokemon).

dmaster out.
Same here, word for word.

unsheathed said:
Zubat is one of my favorite Pokemon. I like the fact you get it early in nearly every game and its final evolution is good. :)
What I find annoying is there was only 1 game I actually decided to use Zubat in. It was LeafGreen. He tried to evolve right after I beat Blaine and I got denied. I had to box him and replace him with Pidgeot. Made me cry.
I've never used Crobat or any of his line since. ;-;

DNA said:
dmaster said:

dmaster out.
Same here, word for word.

unsheathed said:
What I find annoying is there was only 1 game I actually decided to use Zubat in. It was LeafGreen. He tried to evolve right after I beat Blaine and I got denied. I had to box him and replace him with Pidgeot. Made me cry.
I've never used Crobat or any of his line since. ;-;

Ugh. I forgot all about the lame thing that stops you from having Johto and Hoenn mon.
It's especially dumb, since you can get the Zubat line AND evolve it all the way in RSE.

I liked how BW2 was a bit less liner and that you could go on a plane to the other end of Unova.

I don't have to many unpopular opinions but a couple things I have to say are. 1. I don't.know if this is very unpopular but I think that the legendary trio from gen 1 2 and 5 are cooler than main legendaries especially gen 1 and 2. 2. Not enough pokemon I wish every gen had at least 200 pokemon because more pokemon makes for more unique teams. everybody uses the same pokemon. 3. don't know if this is unpopular but it think there should be five starters water grass electric and either ice or rock but then u would lose the whole rock paper scizor thing the starters have. I no they'll never do It but it would be cool. And lastly I am hoping that there will be a new fairy type it's about time that they added new one

I liked how BW2 was a bit less liner and that you could go on a plane to the other end of Unova.
Technically it was still linear. Twist Mountain is blocked off until the post-game, so you have to take that plane. And from Undella Town you can't go south (because Black City is blocked off) or east (because you don't have Surf and the Marine Tube is closed) right away, so...yeah, it's still pretty linear.

- Steven is my favourite Champion
- I almost never like the fire starters (Cyndaquil is my fav and its overshadowed by the totodile line)
- I think the plot has evolved well generation to generation

Generation IV is my favorite generation, and Team Galactic is my favorite villainous team. I am not sure why, but it's probably because Platinum was my first game (LOL). Team Galactic is perfect, IMHO, and to be honest, they remind me of myself. They are totally outlandish (and original), they love space, and they wear crazy colors. At the time of typing this, I look exactly like a male Galactic grunt (disregarding the teal hair). Similarly, Cyrus has rid himself of emotions, and I am trying to do the same thing to myself.

Saturn is my parallel, though. (To me, he disregards the gender binary... Is he androgynous?)

Just for laughs:
h7DC79658

1. Newtwo is boss, sci-fi halo "handle/bottle opener" and all. Well, except the sausage toes...
2. Keldeo-R looks cool but is pointless. Original Keldeo is kinda lame and definitely badly timed; it looks like it wandered in from MLP... So I guess in the end the problem is Keldeo's original design.
3. Dunsparce is cool. Oh, wait...
4. This might not qualify, but Pokemon is going to have to find a way to keep being awesome without adding 150 new creatures every generation. I guess we could still use more, but over 700? Think about it.

I know there are a lot of people who think they should slow down with the amount of new Pokémon they introduce in each generation. I say, they need to keep introducing at least 100 each gen, or that gen isn't really much of a gen. That how I feel, at least.
If they get up to, say give or take 750 this gen, give or take 900 next gen, and 1000 the next gen, I think I'd be ok with them stopping. Well, not 'okay', but I'd at least have 1000 'mon to play with. :)

AdamLambert said:
If they get up to, say give or take 750 this gen, give or take 900 next gen, and 1000 the next gen, I think I'd be ok with them stopping. Well, not 'okay', but I'd at least have 1000 'mon to play with. :)

That's the exact number i think they should have before stopping, so i can have a good few years to still be playing pokemon (i don't even care that I'll be finishing uni by that point)

I dislike Dunsparce.
I think the new Mewtwo is cool, aside from the weird feet. They're a pain in the butt to draw and look stupid anyway.

leecario said:
AdamLambert said:

That's the exact number i think they should have before stopping, so i can have a good few years to still be playing pokemon (i don't even care that I'll be finishing uni by that point)

I guess we're all in the same boat then as I already expressed a few times that I think they should stop when they reach the 1000 mark... It's a perfect number, I guess...

Emboar is my favorite Starter.
I absolutely despise Generation 3. The only good thing that came out of it was Absol.
Groudon is my least favorite Pokémon.
I liked all of the Generation 4 evolutions to older Pokémon.
Fennekin is the worst of the Kalos starters. Chespin and Froakie tie for first, but I'm picking Chespin.
I don't like Misty's character in the anime.
I liked the DPPt movie trilogy.
I thought the Keldeo movie was better than Victini's movie.
Fletchling is my favorite bird, because it is relentless.

Metalizard said:
leecario said:

I guess we're all in the same boat then as I already expressed a few times that I think they should stop when they reach the 1000 mark... It's a perfect number, I guess...

And it would follow the pattern as well. Odd generations add around 100 Pokémon. Even generations add around 150. If this continues, 1000 would be the perfect number to end at. This is my guess on what will happen.
Gen 1- added 151 total 151
Gen 2- added 100 total 251
Gen 3- added 135 total 386
Gen 4- added 107 total 493
Gen 5- added 156 total 649
Gen 6- added 111 total 760
Gen 7- added 137 total 897
Gen 8- added 103 total 1000

Of course, I'd be thrilled if there were more than 1000 :p but many people think it'll be too overwhelming and hard to keep track of. I, of course, don't think so, but that's just me.

I'm just gonna say it. I LOVE form(e)s. They make Pokémon more fun.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
I absolutely despise Generation 3. The only good thing that came out of it was Absol.

Third gen used to be my favorite for Exploud, Swalot, Sableye, Mawile, Cacturne, Shedinja, Claydol, Duskull, Banette, Cradily, Armaldo, Kecleon, Tropius, Huntail, Lunatone and Solrock, to name a few. None of those cool, cute or interesting besides Absol?

Only fifth gen dethroned the third for me.

But I, too enjoy all of the evolutions added by Gen 4. I don't know what more people were expecting and why they hated them all so much. I thought they all did a good job of preserving what made their predecessors fun and iconic.

Gen V was horrific. And before I get shouted at AGAIN by the Gen V fanboys it's not solely because of the Pokemon.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I love Firered/leafgreen. In fact, own 3-4 leaf greens and 2 firereds!

No matter what you say you will never have played that game as much as me. I still clear it to completion on average once a month.

Colosseum is the best of the console Pokemon games.

Bug is an awesome type and probably the best behind Dragon and Dark.

unsheathed said:

Crobat is one of my favourite evolutions, any game that isn't Red, Blue or Yellow I catch a Zubat early.

Back