Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

The Yoshi said:
Some of you are obviously new to this game. Corn bread was lynched last time as an innocent because he rambled on and on.
There's a huge difference this time; Corn bread is asking to be lynched. If he's not wolf, then he's either indie or townie, da ze~

If he's a townie, then there's no reason not to believe him. If he's indie, chances are he's definitely looking for a certain number of votes on him for ability activation.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

The Yoshi said:
Seriously, why would a wolf ask to be lynched?
Reverse psychology.

He's probably hoping that because he rambled last game and was a townie, people won't want to kill him, in case he is a townie this game. Also, one of the good things that could happen if he was lynched would be that we lynched a wolf.

Eevee said:
Reverse psychology.

He's probably hoping that because he rambled last game and was a townie, people won't want to kill him, in case he is a townie this game. Also, one of the good things that could happen if he was lynched would be that we lynched a wolf.
He is pushing way too much for it to be reverse psychology imo.

But what if that is his goal? Make it look too obvious for reverse psychology. That way people won't know that it is actually reverse psychology that he is doing.

It's still a great risk. Even if he is not lynched day 1, he will probably not survive too long that way. Eventually we will lynch him or the wolves kill him.

corn bread said:
1)Doesnt really matter
2)Town
3)I need to be lynched
4)Good things,for the town

My only worry is that im using this ability to early,but I don't want to risk getting nightkilled and never using it at all.

This post is very suspicious. You are not telling your role name or good things that are going to happen. Why? Because you are a werewolf and can't work out realistic answers?

This makes me believe that you are a werewolf even more.

He's got to be at least an indie. I seriously doubt he is a townie.
Reverse psychology or not, he still seems to pose a threat to the town.
Unfortunately, I cannot change my vote.

Why'd you change your vote, Shocker? You just said that you are glad that you're stuck in No Lynch.

The more and more I look at corn bread, the more I have an urge to vote him, but I know I not only I can't, but it could harm me.
I want corn bread to post an actual reason why he should be voted.

By the way, if any of you break persuasion at any time (not just today), you will be instantly modkilled, no questions asked.

PMJ said:
By the way, if any of you break persuasion at any time (not just today), you will be instantly modkilled, no questions asked.
What do you mean by 'break persuasion'?

If you are forced to abide by something and don't do it, even accidentally. (In this case, unvoting at any time during this Day.)

Hm. Understood.

No Lynch - 6
alexmf2 - 1
corn bread - 5
Nature's Profit - 1

If corn bread is perhaps an indie who's ability is activated when there are a certain number of votes for him, why don't we just stop once corn bread is the highest vote? Then at the end of the day he would still be lynched, but his ability wouldn't activate.

It's a no-lynch if we don't get 22 votes for someone I think.

Infinity said:
It's a no-lynch if we don't get 22 votes for someone I think.

Nope.

If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

Alright everybody I'm here to save the day.

Let me, in detail, examine every possible reason I can think of that cornbread would want to lynch himself because of. Reasons good for the town are in green; reasons bad for the town are italicized.

1. cornbread is a townie who, upon dying/being lynched, helps the town/hurts the wolves/indies in some way. This is actually a lot more plausible than most people are giving it credit for, remember there was a role like this in PMJ's last game (maxie I think it was, forgot who had the role but they survived till the end sadly).
2. cornbread is an indie or wolf who, upon being lynched/killed, hurts the town in some way. I list this as positive still because if he is a bad indie/wolf he will have to be killed eventually so it is probably best to kill him now, as we will likely end up receiving the negative effect of his role anyway if we want to win.
3. cornbread is a wolf/indie who has read the last ww game and decided that since nobody ended up lynching TDL despite him asking to be lynched, thinks that he won't be lynched by asking for it this game.

1. cornbread is a townie who will not die when lynched. This is bad because it turns into No Lynch, which is bad for the town (seriously, 1 in 3 chances. That's pretty good, and your argument of us losing 2 townies as opposed to 1 is stupid because by that logic we'd never lynch unless we have a seer-proven wolf, which means we'd never win any game besides DNA's)
2. cornbread is a wolf/indie who will not die when lynched. See the previous point for reasons as to why this is bad. However, note that both of these options are still better than No Lynch because we at least get some more info out of it.
3. cornbread is a wolf/indie who does not die when lynched and hurts the town in some way in addition to not dying.
4. cornbread is a townie who read the last game yada yada thinks we won't kill him but is actually helpful.

there we other options but I forgot them

Anyway while yes we do have more options for bad than good note that 2 of the bad options are still better than No Lynch. So while I don't think we should bandwagon cornbread quite yet (yes ik we have little time ugh teal and kim possible its all your faults) and as such I will not vote yet, I still think lynching him is better than No Lynch. Somebody tell me if you think of any of the various scenarios I forgot/didn't think of.

Dark Void said:

1. cornbread is a townie who, upon dying/being lynched, helps the town/hurts the wolves/indies in some way. This is actually a lot more plausible than most people are giving it credit for, remember there was a role like this in PMJ's last game (maxie I think it was, forgot who had the role but they survived till the end sadly).
2. cornbread is an indie or wolf who, upon being lynched/killed, hurts the town in some way. I list this as positive still because if he is a bad indie/wolf he will have to be killed eventually so it is probably best to kill him now, as we will likely end up receiving the negative effect of his role anyway if we want to win.
Actually, I was just now going to say pretty much the same thing and I think we should probably lynch corn bread as it just seems like the best option atm.

The only thing that haunts me about this is how corn beard refuses to give us more info... why?

Afraid of spilling information, perhaps.
I seriously wonder why he won't reveal information, as the only thing he is willing to say is 'it helps the town somehow and you should believe me'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back