Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
It could just as easily have been a townie. There's no rule about townies having strong abilities, and frequently this does happen. There is no way to tell for sure who has it or what alignment they are.

Yeah that is True.But I doubt a Townie would use an ability like this day 1. Unless they thought No Lynch was the best Option and didn't want us to all change and go for corn bread.

I still think Lynching corn bread is a good idea.The only thing that confuses me however is that corn bread has yet to say what exactly will happen when he is lynched.

Is it possible that corn bread jusybdoesn't exactly know what will happen if he is lynched? What if his role just says " If you are lynched Day 1 good things will happen"? I'm just wondering have Roles ever been that vague? Or do they always tell you exactly what's going to happen?

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

Roles are never that discrete. Honestly, anyone who wants cornbread lynched still is either wolf or not terribly smart :S

Chillarmy said:
Guys, lynching cornbread is the worst thing we could do at this time. It is extremely obvious that cornbeard (calling you that now cornbread) has a wolf that will hurt the town, for one reason: HE REFUSES TO SAY WHAT HIS ROLE DOES TO HELP THE TOWN. The best option is still No Lynch, no questions asked.
Even then we would be down one wolf and we must kill all wolves anyway in order to win...

Teal said:
Even then we would be down one wolf and we must kill all wolves anyway in order to win...

Well, his role could be "If you are lynched you live and a random townie dies" or "If you are lynch you may choose two players and they will be permanently roleblocked" or some other crap.

Lynching Cornbread is pure idiocy at this point. I'm guessing he's either an indie trying to get cover for later, or is legitimately a wolf with a bomb role.

However, that brings us to the question...Lynch him now and risk him bombing, or wait for later when the bomb could easily fall the wrong way for us. (It could now too, but is the risk now lesser or greater than the risk later)

Right now I'm content with waiting and possibly getting info on him, and would personally currently lean No Lynch. However, I'm not voting due to the lack of ability to unvote.

Idk... but if he is a wolf you would think that the wolves would have discussed this togehter and you would think that they would have come to the conclusion that corn bread "slips up" or does something else that is much more guaranteed to get him lynched, eh? I mean that's what I would have told him to do if we were partner wolves. x3 It was not wise to come out like that if he wants to be lynched, there would have been much easier ways. C:

Chillarmy, if that is his role, it must at least expire at some point. And it would still be outing a wolf so IMO it would totally not be worth it for the wolves. It would have to be something really crazy to be worth it. asdfgh

Corn bread, Y U SO mysterious!? Come ON! Even if I say all this stuff I WON'T vote for you before you tell us what happens or why you won't tell us. :mad:

Chillarmy said:
Roles are never that discrete. Honestly, anyone who wants cornbread lynched still is either wolf or not terribly smart :S

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-werewolf-x-the-day-the-earth-disappeared-game-over-congratulations-dmaster-and-shampoo-thief?pid=2056283#pid2056283

Actually I thought I read a role like that somewhere before so I went back and checked some games. Take a look at Pokenerd's role it didn't specifically state that he would die It just said... "Bad things will happen".So It appears roles have been that overgeneralized before but I still doubt corn bread wouldn't know what would happen. Give us something to work with corn bread.

@ Kim Possible- I would say the risk later would be greater because we would have less townies than we do now.So we would be more effected by deaths.

(maxie I think it was, forgot who had the role but they survived till the end sadly)
Twas me. I didn't play it well enough D:

Anyway, PMJ specifically said: Don't expect this role to make another appearance. So I highly doubt cornbread has a role that's really good for the town when he dies.

@People saying "cornbread is wolf dont lynch him kill hurt us hurr hurr"
`
Listen to what you're saying, lol.

Non Sequitur said:
If we kill him, we lose one more towny.

Uh, since when?

Dark Void said:
Alright everybody I'm here to save the day.

Mighty Mouse!?!?

Let me, in detail, examine every possible reason I can think of that cornbread would want to lynch himself because of. Reasons good for the town are in green; reasons bad for the town are italicized.

1. cornbread is a townie who, upon dying/being lynched, helps the town/hurts the wolves/indies in some way. This is actually a lot more plausible than most people are giving it credit for, remember there was a role like this in PMJ's last game (maxie I think it was, forgot who had the role but they survived till the end sadly). He did say that he could help the town, but IIRC Infinity said the same thing last game and, as we found out, he was a drug dealer who was hurting the town. Not saying that this is what is happening, but it is always a possibility.
2. cornbread is an indie or wolf who, upon being lynched/killed, hurts the town in some way. I list this as positive still because if he is a bad indie/wolf he will have to be killed eventually so it is probably best to kill him now, as we will likely end up receiving the negative effect of his role anyway if we want to win. This could be true. I think that this is the most plausible, IMHO.
3. cornbread is a wolf/indie who has read the last ww game and decided that since nobody ended up lynching TDL despite him asking to be lynched, thinks that he won't be lynched by asking for it this game. This could also be true. However, I think that we have a crowd here that are quite well tuned to this type of trickery.

1. cornbread is a townie who will not die when lynched. This is bad because it turns into No Lynch, which is bad for the town (seriously, 1 in 3 chances. That's pretty good, and your argument of us losing 2 townies as opposed to 1 is stupid because by that logic we'd never lynch unless we have a seer-proven wolf, which means we'd never win any game besides DNA's) lol @ DNA joke. I find it funny that, since everyone in the last game was a bunch of bandwagoning lunatics, that everyone got onto me about me saying that there was a 1-3 chance of hitting a wolf. But why ask to be lynched, though? Couldn't you just say, "Hey, bro, I be invincible and stuff" like TDL did and still aid the town?
2. cornbread is a wolf/indie who will not die when lynched. See the previous point for reasons as to why this is bad. However, note that both of these options are still better than No Lynch because we at least get some more info out of it. This.
3. cornbread is a wolf/indie who does not die when lynched and hurts the town in some way in addition to not dying. Either this, or the hurting the town after death. I don't know. Maybe he is holding some invincibility item starmanlol?
4. cornbread is a townie who read the last game yada yada thinks we won't kill him but is actually helpful. Maybe. But I think that he is still obscuring something from view, however.

See bold in quote.

To be honest, I am leaning towards no-lynch. Cornbread can either give us the information we need, or he can forever hold his peace.

Just letting you guys know that if corn bread does have a role that is helpful for the town, if we don't lynch him now, we'll never get the chance. If he's not a wolf, the wolves will probably be smart enough to think that he does have a good role for us and will just kill him with the nightly kill.

Non Sequitur said:
I'm just gonna go ahead and do this.

Vote: No Lynch

If we kill him, we lose one more towny. Lose one or two? I choose lose one.

1st of all: You spelled townie wrong/
2nd of all: We don't know he's a townie.
3rd of all: That logic is flawed and stupid anyway.

HypnoticLuxray said:
1st of all: You spelled townie wrong/
2nd of all: We don't know he's a townie.
3rd of all: That logic is flawed and stupid anyway.

All three points still stand.

Non Sequitur said:
The wolf will kill someone anyway. If we kill corn bread, then we kill another towny in addition to the kill the wolf makes.

That is a n amazing example of not only flawed logic, but also bad logic. Everyone else, don't make the same mistake this guy just did.

We shouldn't lynch cornbread until he says what his role does.

I'll quote Dark Void here/.

Totally_Not_Darkvoid said:
your argument of us losing 2 townies as opposed to 1 is stupid because by that logic we'd never lynch unless we have a seer-proven wolf, which means we'd never win any game besides DNA's

If you know that we don't know his role yet, why did you base your entire statement on the fact that he was a townie? And if he is a townie, then he would help us if we lynched him. He wouldn't lie about having a good role for the town if he was town.

I never called you dumb, I called that logic dumb. I would know, I'm wise and experienced. ; )

@Non: That logic is horrible.

Why don't we just go no lynch today, and vote Corn tomorrow? This way if someone has a night kill they can use it on him (and rendering any downsides useless) and if not we might get more information.

Bolstered by the continuing stupidity of new No Lynch votes even with unvoting disabled, I have received a greater sense of urgency to bandwagon cornbread. However, I find the fact that he will not reveal more specifics of his role highly suspicious. As whoever hosted the last game he was in (PMJ I think?) remarked, behind his clever facade of terribad spelling and grammar he is a remarkable werewolf player. As such, I will not vote for cornbread until he gives us more specifics on his role (and even then he has held out for long enough to have composed some such lies regarding its supposed merits for the town-aligned faction) and I will not vote for No Lynch at all ever as it strongly opposes my ideals and tactical decisions in this game. With that good gentlemen I bid you farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back