Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 2 ends Wednesday, September 12, 2012, at 9:30 PM CST.

2 votes left now.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 2 ends Wednesday, September 12, 2012, at 9:30 PM CST.

you've been voted out... unless my counting sucks.

yup, 26 votes for Glace. game freeze unless someone wants to prove my counting and recounting wrong

I forgot to bold mine.

Vote: Glace

meh.

</3

you all suck >;[

If Glace is a wolf, I would add Lucky Fire and alexmf2 to the suspect list for being newer players and being so against voting for Glace, someone who seems almost a confirmed wolf.

I never thought he wasn't a wolf. Ever. I was just maybe trying to see if he would explode even if we didn't lynch him.

guys.... guys.... reeeaaaaad

GAME FREEEZE

I thought my defense was pretty good, but I slowly feel apart.

When I first got the role, I made a fake role as a cover up :p.

Glace said:
I thought my defense was pretty good, but I slowly feel apart.

When I first got the role, I made a fake role as a cover up :p.
Yeah, so did I, last game.
But unlike me, you are not a very good liar :p

...okay now let's wait for PMJ to get back. Looks like you have more than enough votes for your lynch, and combined with your confession, I think we can call it a day.

GAME FREEZE just so people pay attention to colored words.

*Random post that bothers some player because there's enough votes to lynch*

Da ze~

Closing until PMJ posts.

So Glace has like over 9000 votes

Day 2

So everyone was looking around and was talking about who to lynch. Infinity piped up and said "Hey, Glace is a wolf, so... we should lynch him."

It took a bit of convincing, but everyone decided Glace needed to die. His name was entered into the Lynch Machine and the noose swung out fast as lightning. Glace was picked up and he was dead real fast. As he took his last breath, the Lynch Machine began to belch out black smoke. Eli hit the machine a few times and it stopped.

"Is... is that thing safe?" someone asked.

"Sure, sure! No need to, uh... worry," he said, giving as reassuring a smile as he could. "Long as I'm around, you all have nothing to fear!"

Glace was:

Role: Emma Barker
Alignment: Werewolves

You are Emma Barker, the Canton Falls Werewolf. Long thought dead, you have been living in secret as a werewolf. You have your sights set on terrorizing this town because you feel they didn't do enough to save you. It's time to get revenge.

Ability 0: Moonlight Conference
You have access to the Outskirts of Town sub-forum and may use it to communicate freely with the other werewolves.

Ability 1: Nexus
There is a 20% chance that any abilities that target you during Night will be randomly redirected. You will not know they have been redirected.

Ability 2: And Omega
Once each Night, you may PM me the names of a werewolf and a non-werewolf. The werewolf you chose will kill the non-werewolf you chose. If you die, this ability will be passed to a random werewolf.

Ability 3: Assert Dominance
Once a game during any Day, you may post, in bold, "CHALLENGING <player>," where <player> is a living player. All votes for the Day will be reset, and for the remainder of that Day, the only votes that can be cast are for you and <player>. You can't use this ability if the Paralyzer ability is in effect, or if 84 hours have passed since the start of that Day.

Win Condition: At least one werewolf-aligned player is alive when all other players are dead, or nothing can prevent the same

Night 2 ends Sunday, September 9, 2012, at 10:30 PM CST.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Night 2 ends Sun., Sep. 9 at 10:30 PM CST.

Before I forget, there's something I need to clear up.

I have already been asked multiple times regarding whether or not it is okay to say a certain thing about one's role. This is understandable since no one wants to be modkilled.

Remember, though, this game the rules regarding role reveal have changed.

You can say anything you want about your role. Anything. You can be perfectly honest about your role, or you can be like King Piplup last game and bend the truth a little. Or you can be like Glace this game and outright lie about your role.

Here's an example of what you can't do:

Accuser said:
PMJ is a wolf
PMJ said:
Accuser said:
yes, I investigated you and it returned guilty
PMJ said:
I'm miller, of course it returned guilty. lynching me is a big mistake bro
Accuser said:
I don't believe you, Vote: PMJ
PMJ said:
look, I'll prove it

Role: Jack
Alignment: Town

You are Jack. People think that you like to fall and break your crown, but you're just trolling them so the babes will give you sympathy lovin'. Unfortunately for you, the only one falling for it is some gross-looking hag named Jill.

Ability 0: Troll Penalty
If your alignment is investigated, it will return as "Werewolves."

Ability 0: She's the Only One Who Puts Out
If Jill dies, you will commit suicide. You can speak to Jill freely (her identity will be sent in a separate PM).

Win Condition: At least one town-aligned player is alive when all threats to the town have been eliminated
Black God said:
PMJ has been modkilled for being a tard and quoting a role PM. He was:

Role: Supreme Overlord
Alignment: Blacks

You are the supreme overlord of black people.

Ability 0: But Of Course
Blacks are always guilty, even when they're innocent.

Ability 0: no jkjkjk lololol
Once each Night you may PM me the name of a player. If that player is white, he will put on blackface and join the Blacks.

Ability 0: Black Power
If you are lynched, the first person whose vote is on your wagon at the time of your lynching will be killed.

Win Condition: Blacks never win.

So as you can see, even though PMJ quoted a fake role PM, the fact that he quoted one is grounds for nuking.

Same example, different outcome (PMJ has the same role):

Accuser said:
PMJ is a wolf
PMJ said:
Accuser said:
yes, I investigated you and it returned guilty
PMJ said:
I'm miller, of course it returned guilty. lynching me is a big mistake bro
Accuser said:
I don't believe you, Vote: PMJ
PMJ said:
Thanks for voting me; I also have an ability that lets me kill the first person on the wagon when I die
Accuser said:
crap. if I unvote does it go away?
PMJ said:
I asked Black God about it and he said yes. it's only counted if I actually get lynched, unvoting keeps you safe.
Accuser said:
I think PMJ is telling the truth so Unvote: PMJ

Even though PMJ was entirely truthful about his role, he wasn't modkilled because he didn't quote a role PM.

tl;dr version: Unless you are posting a quoted role PM you can say anything you want about your role, even if it's a lie.

If you guys still have any questions, PM me.

TheGuy said:
If Glace is a wolf, I would add Lucky Fire and alexmf2 to the suspect list for being newer players and being so against voting for Glace, someone who seems almost a confirmed wolf.

I don't mind if you add me. I have my opinions, and besides, I'm not exactly an adept player. Feel free to lynch me, but mind you, I definitely won't be one of the bad guys. So don't waste your votes on me unless you really hate me.

I'm being honest here. I won't argue if you vote for me. I know I can't change your minds.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Night 2 ends Sun., Sep. 9 at 10:30 PM CST.

I'm very, very disappointed right now.

Chillarmy has edited two posts, so I have no choice but to replace him with Argetlam.

Lucky Fire, you've got a warning at this point too.

Too many warnings, guys. Pay attention.

Night ends in four hours! Get your actions in if you haven't already!

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 3 ends September 17 at 12 AM CST.

Night 2

Everyone in Canton Falls was sleeping quite peacefully. With one of the werewolves taken care of, everyone felt pretty safe. And that's just what someone was hoping for. He snuck into Infinity's room and shot Infinity dead in the heart. But nothing happened.

Meanwhile, dmaster keeled over dead. dmaster was:

Role: Karla
Alignment: None

You are Karla, an angel descended from the heavens. You appear human to everyone else. Your job is to save one poor soul from this bloody conflict, no matter what.

Ability 0: The Chosen One
Once a game at any time you may PM me the name of any player, excluding yourself. That player will become your Chosen for the rest of the game.

Ability 1: Angelic Force [unlocked]
Once a game at any time, you may use this ability if your Chosen has not died. Your Chosen will be protected from death for one Night/Day cycle. If your Chosen would die, you will die instead, even if your Chosen received outside protection at the same time.

Win Condition [unlocked]: Your Chosen survives to the end of the game

Infinity's shooter thought it was weird that Infinity continued to sleep with a smile on his face despite being shot. He decided to try his luck elsewhere. Slinking his way out of Infinity's house, he visited DNA and put a bullet between his eyes. A white light emanated from the bullet wound, and DNA was healed instantly. He wasn't even woken by the shot.

Thoroughly upset, the shooter went back home with an empty tummy and a sad heart.

Meanwhile, the werewolves were talking about who to murder. The new alpha wasted no time in letting his subordinates know who's boss. "I'm the leader now, and today we're going to kill Nengeni."

"Wait!" said another. "Let's talk about this! We're supposed to be a team here..."

"u mad, bro? Hey you," he said, pointing at one of his teammates. "Go kill Nengeni."

And like a good little boy, he went out and killed Nengeni as his alpha asked. Nengeni was:

Role: Phoebe
Alignment: None

You are a fortune teller known only as Phoebe. Though you do have some slight skill, you're more content scamming people out of their money.

Ability 0: Predict the Future
Once each Night, you may PM me "Predicting <x> will be lynched tomorrow," where <x> is either "no one" or the name of a player. If you guess right, you will find good fortune.

Ability 1: Sensor [locked]
Correctly "Predict the Future" once to unlock this ability.

Win Condition: Correctly "Predict the Future" twice

Early in the morning, Lucky Fire was out for a stroll when suddenly she was hit in the head with a bomb. Because Lucky Fire doesn't afraid of anything, she picked it right back up and threw it in the same direction. Unfortunately for Nature's Profit, he wasn't so lucky when the bomb hit him. He exploded into a billion and three pieces. Nature's Profit was:

Role: Bhikshu
Alignment: Town

You are Bhikshu, a monk. You have visited this tainted town in an attempt to purify it in your own way. You pray fervently every night.

Ability 1: Paula
Once each night, you must pray about any one item on this list:

1. The sun
2. The moon
3. A rope
4. A bird
5. A flask
6. The letter C
7. A flag
8. An axe
9. A coin

The effect of each prayer is unknown to you, but you do know that God works in mysterious ways. Your teachings also prevent you from praying for any one thing more than once. If you forget to pray during any given Night, God will demand your body as a sacrifice and you will commit suicide to please Him.

Win Condition: At least one town-aligned player is alive when all threats to the town have been eliminated

Also, in that morning's paper, there were three headlines on the front page. One read, "I'm here to post all important news about the werewolves." Another said, "I'm suppsota solve this mystery!" and the third, "Illegal weapon found in Lucky Fire's possession."

How interesting! This marks the start of Day 3. It will end Monday, September 17, 2012, at 12:00 AM CST.

There are 39 players left in the game; 20 votes are required to end the day.

Tonight I was given a note. The contents of the note was simple. It said that X was a wolf. It was signed by Y.

X is a new player who has not posted very much, and who I (and probably the rest of the town) would not have any regret in lynching.
Y is a well respected and good player, who I (And probably the rest of the town) would normally be inclined to trust due to his skill in WW.

Normally, like I said, I would be inclined to trust the note giver. But there are some things nagging me. The first is that X just happens to be a (No offense intended) not so good player. Of course, some bad players will just happen to be wolves, but I would be much more inclined to believe the more if X had been another well respected (or at least active) player. As it is I'm worried that Y purposely made X a bad player because, like I said, we would be more inclined to lynch him.

The second (and bigger) thing is that I received a note saying who was a wolf in the first place. I somehow doubt PMJ would make a Seer that could give notes to people. That would effectively not be much worse than the police force of last game, and PMJ clearly stated he would not do something like that. Of course, there is still the chance that there is a towny with a not giving role who somehow learned that someone was a wolf. But I believe more strongly that there is simply a wolf with a note giving role, trying to get us to lynch a towny. Then the wolves could kill me this night and the town would never know who it was signed by. Hell, the person who "signed" it might now even be the person who sent it.

Of course, there is a reason I did not reveal the names in the note. I don't want to reveal a potential Seer. So I wanted to hear your guys thoughts first.

Just finished re reading this. Wow, I like the word inclined a lot, don't I?

Also lol at dmaster.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 3 ends September 17 at 12 AM CST.

Well, that was certainly an interesting night.

2 very interesting indies were killed with rather strange win conditions. Good thing they died because that would be a terrible way for the game to end.

Also, someone must of had like a 1 time use role that somehow got protected on both of the two people they tried to kill. Tough luck for that person lmao.

And it's also ironic that Glace wasn't really telling a lie about the item he had, it just wasn't in his possession. So, did Nature's Profit throw it and then get it thrown right back so he died? That's what I'm picking up.

Anyone get any leads during the night?

alexmf2 said:
Tonight I was given a note. The contents of the note was simple. It said that X was a wolf. It was signed by Y.

X is a new player who has not posted very much, and who I (and probably the rest of the town) would not have any regret in lynching.
Y is a well respected and good player, who I (And probably the rest of the town) would normally be inclined to trust due to his skill in WW.

Normally, like I said, I would be inclined to trust the note giver. But there are some things nagging me. The first is that X just happens to be a (No offense intended) not so good player. Of course, some bad players will just happen to be wolves, but I would be much more inclined to believe the more if X had been another well respected (or at least active) player. As it is I'm worried that Y purposely made X a bad player because, like I said, we would be more inclined to lynch him.

The second (and bigger) thing is that I received a note saying who was a wolf in the first place. I somehow doubt PMJ would make a Seer that could give notes to people. That would effectively not be much worse than the police force of last game, and PMJ clearly stated he would not do something like that. Of course, there is still the chance that there is a towny with a not giving role who somehow learned that someone was a wolf. But I believe more strongly that there is simply a wolf with a note giving role, trying to get us to lynch a towny. Then the wolves could kill me this night and the town would never know who it was signed by. Hell, the person who "signed" it might now even be the person who sent it.

Of course, there is a reason I did not reveal the names in the note. I don't want to reveal a potential Seer. So I wanted to hear your guys thoughts first.

Just finished re reading this. Wow, I like the word inclined a lot, don't I?

Also lol at dmaster.

Actually, this sounds a lot like what DNA was trying to tell us happened to him on night 1. But my goodness, a lot happened that night. Sad to see dmaster gone, but it seems his role was put to good use. I believe the update implied that Infinity was his "chosen one," and as we found out yesterday, Infinity is apparently important. Not so sure about why DNA lived... He scareh. I'm pretty sure that the bomb incident is related to the skull on Lucky Fire's forehead in the previous day. It's likely that someone passed a bomb with a countdown of sorts to him on night 1, and he just passed it to Nature's Profit last night.

So, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back