Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 5 ends September 30 at 11 PM CST.

Shocker said:
That role I was targeted with does this:
It makes the target's alignment appear as Werewolves. The nameof the role is Incriminate. 3 people can be targeted until the player count reaches 30, and then only 2 people can be targeted. When the player count reaches 15, only 1 person can be targeted. So if any seer 'sees' a target, their alignment shows up as Werewolves, even though they might be an indie, or a townie.

You sir are a paranoid seer. (game role, not IRL)

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 5 ends September 30 at 11 PM CST.

As the town cheered their good fortune, a bloodcurdling scream was heard from the direction of Dark Void's house. When a few brave souls went to investigate, they found Dark Void winded, but alive. "Yeah, there was a werewolf here," he said. "I screamed as loud as I could, and he took off running." He rubbed his neck and shrugged. "Couldn't tell who it was from all that fur, though. Sorry. But I'm alive, so that's good, right?"

They couldn't disagree with that. As the sun came up, they all went about their morning routines before gathering in the town square to discuss the day's lynch.
Notice PMJ never said that Dark Void was attacked. What was said was that Dark Void screamed, and claimed to be attacked by a wolf. This completely looks like a scapegoat performance to me.

Also, there will be no Night 5, so as soon as this day is over, we go right back to discussion time. I see no reason to postpone this, as we have to pull another lynch out of nowhere(or a no lynch, groan) right afterwards.

Also, according to Shocker, it fools the alignment, not the abilities.

One Approved said:
^This. I would like to discuss this further. Particularly this point:

That role I was targeted with does this:
It makes the target's alignment appear as Werewolves. The nameof the role is Incriminate. 3 people can be targeted until the player count reaches 30, and then only 2 people can be targeted. When the player count reaches 15, only 1 person can be targeted. So if any seer 'sees' a target, their alignment shows up as Werewolves, even though they might be an indie, or a townie.

PS: it's . Not [/color=colorgoeshere].

We have Plenty of time to discuss this. Besides the ability is obviously powerful.However it does apparently have it's limits.3/29 isn't that high it might happen but I doubt it's anything to be concerned with.It seems unlikely to happen plus the only seer roles we know of deal with revealing entire roles/abilities.At the moment we have nothing to worry about. 1/14 isn't that high either...but the power of the role depends on how many alignment seers we actually have.

29 minus everybody who's already a wolf. I don't think the ability would work on somebody who's already a wolf.

One Approved said:
29 minus everybody who's already a wolf. I don't think the ability would work on somebody who's already a wolf.

I doubt if it's a wolf's ability(seems pretty likely to me.) they'd use it on their teammates that would make the ability pointless... So I think the odds should remain 3/29.The think is It's kind of unlikely. That's 3 players out of 29.The ability is useful but I don't think it will actually come into play. But it does increase the chances of a seer finding what they think is a wolf.I actually would have preferred if Shocker kept that info to himself until someone made a reveal.Now I think it might potentially hurt us because alignment seers will doubt themselves and not reveal info they have. Also @HL I'm not sure the night kill didn't happen because Meaty was roleblocked.I think the wolves may have planned things went down this way to make us think the wolves attacked Dark Void.

One Approved said:
Lynching Dark Void after he was attacked. Seems legit.

Let's at least talk about this. We have til the 30th guys. Why the rush?
Quoting to remind everyone, da ze.

Kronar (if anyone still cares) is not a real threat IMO. His(her) win con is to keep Gale alive until end game, his best abilities are nerfed to near uselessness after Gale's death. Not much point in lynching Kronar at this point, we're better off finding wolves to lynch.

@Blui: Blob is not a townie, I am sure of that. Blob = Kronar (the crowd is silent with awe). That's not really relevant though, like I said, Blob is essentially deadweight at this point.

HL you seem to be truthful.

I think DV is lynched no matter what, so I'll see if anything interesting happens before I vote. lol

Spammy said:
Kronar (if anyone still cares) is not a real threat IMO. His(her) win con is to keep Gale alive until end game, his best abilities are nerfed to near uselessness after Gale's death. Not much point in lynching Kronar at this point, we're better off finding wolves to lynch.

@Blui: Blob is not a townie, I am sure of that. Blob = Kronar (the crowd is silent with awe). That's not really relevant though, like I said, Blob is essentially deadweight at this point.

HL you seem to be truthful.

I think DV is lynched no matter what, so I'll see if anything interesting happens before I vote. lol

This madness! So now I know who I am voting for

Vote: Dark Void

@Spammy, and how exactly do you know Kronar's win condition? He could just be with the town, like Gale. Are you Kronar perchance?

Spammy, how do you know Blob is Kronar, and how much do you know about his role?

WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE TURBO LYNCHING WHEN WE GET TO HAVE TWO DAY PHASES IN A ROW

Rusticks said:
WHY IN THE WORLD AREn't WE TURBO LYNCHING WHEN WE GET TO HAVE TWO DAY PHASES IN A ROW

Fixed.

If you haven't noticed, this would be the first turbo-lynch of the game. The only new information we're going to get it Dark Void's role, which I'm sure won't impact the game that much.

Now we have a(almost) certain lynch, and an unknown one. We'll have plenty of time, maybe even an excess of time, to find that second lynch. The no night seems like a perfect opportunity for a turbo-lynch.

Spammy said:
Kronar (if anyone still cares) is not a real threat IMO. His(her) win con is to keep Gale alive until end game ,his best abilities are nerfed to near uselessness after Gale's death. Not much point in lynching Kronar at this point, we're better off finding wolves to lynch.

Wouldn't that mean he already lost..?Gale already died did it switch to town wins,Now?

HypnoticLuxray said:
Fixed.

If you haven't noticed, this would be the first turbo-lynch of the game. The only new information we're going to get it Dark Void's role, which I'm sure won't impact the game that much.

Now we have a(almost) certain lynch, and an unknown one. We'll have plenty of time, maybe even an excess of time, to find that second lynch. The no night seems like a perfect opportunity for a turbo-lynch.

DON'T "FIX" MY DAMN SENTENCES I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I SAID

We have a whole two days to discuss whatever, and we're going to waste one on an unconfirmed lynch.

(and the first two lynches were turbo, if I recall)

Exactly. Turbo-lynching is essentially suicide.
Also, if there is 29 people, only two people can get targeted with the role Incriminate.
And we should wait for Dark Void's response before we turbo-lynch him.

^This too. Lynching somebody without giving him a chance to speak is like playing Sabledonk and donking the opponent before they draw a card. Except with the possibility of losing after you donk them.

Rusticks said:
DON'T "FIX" MY DAMN SENTENCES I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I SAID
Welp. I was impying I didn't agree with you, but KA's love apparently didn't help mister town grump over here.(Three posts have all been bolded and capitalized, 2/3 of your posts insult someone/everyone, little those posts actually having content in them)

We have a whole two days to discuss whatever, and we're going to waste one on an unconfirmed lynch.
The first lynch is basically confirmed, second has 168h+ whatever time left from the first day. Almost seems like too much time to me. Eventually the thread will just die and we'll be no closer to a lynch.[/quote]
(and the first two lynches were turbo, if I recall)
The first one, we had half the time of a regular day, therefore a turbo-lynch was needed. Even then, we only had a day left.
Second one found a wolf, after much arguing and postponement.

tl;dr I don't see the downside of turbo-lynching this day. Not saying we should turbo-lynch everyday(it's usually a bad idea), but under the current circumstances I feel like there's no repercussions. Obviously I want to here what Dark Void has to say, but I doubt it will detour my stance.

>survives wolf kill
>is turbo lynched the next day before even being given a chance to say anything

I love this game. HL care to explain exactly what the item does? Does it reveal role or alignment or what? Its kinda hard for me to say something in my defense if I have no clue what I'm defending against, lol.

As for the kill myself to incriminate myself thing...first of all, I doubt the wolves can do that. If they can, considering the first post of the day suggested it to be a possibility, it probably wouldn't be worth it anyway over killing an enemy. I'll tell you that I'm pretty sure it was my role that prevented me from dying when the wolves attacked me though, so I can't say if blocking Meaty actually did anything useful or not.

Like I said, I can't formulate a real defense since I'm not exactly sure what I'm being accused of.

Goodness that was a short night... I need to be more avctive, I apologize. So as I understand it, someone checked out Dark Void and he's a wolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back