XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Mitja said:
I'd love an Electric/Dark Luxray.
It doesn't matter if Dark is fitting for whatever Luxray is now...if they made it Electric/Dark, it would have been designed "Dark" enough or have "Darker" flavor or whatever you guys deem to be qualities worthy of gaining the type.

@Pokequaza
It would simply be cool, no one said it should be just because its black.

But tbh, stalking its prey with x-ray vision sounds Dark enough to me though.

FloodBadge said:
You know, looking at the fact that all their names have to do with light, them being a Dark-type would be ironic, but still very fitting with the dark and powerful look.

Dark type isn't about darkness, its about being sneaky.

And lions are sneaky anyway. How do you think they kill most of their prey? They sneak up on them first. Chances are that if you see the lions they are not hungry.

Mitja said:
Hmmm, but umbreon seems to only relate to darkness but he's more of an exception.

Sky Pillar said:
Mitja said:
Hmmm, but umbreon seems to only relate to darkness but he's more of an exception.

Sneaky and stealthy (those two are not necessarily the same thing) animals tend to do better at night, notice how the Stunky line is poison/dark? Skunks are generally nocturnal if I am not mistaken. I would still love to see a pokemon based on Destoroyah/Destroyah though, a battle between it and Tyrannitar? Two words: HELL YES!

Another point is it's female lions that are the hunters, not males, I know Luxray can be either but let's face it he has a masculine look to him. Male lion are more like guardians of the territory in which their Pride lives. They don't really hunt. They protect. They mate. That's pretty much it.

Ysmir said:
Another point is it's female lions that are the hunters, not males, I know Luxray can be either but let's face it he has a masculine look to him. Male lion are more like guardians of the territory in which their Pride lives. They don't really hunt. They protect. They mate. That's pretty much it.
Male lions are pretty big jerks towards their lionesses so that could lead it in the direction of dark-type. Again it's not a dead ringer but it's not a farfetched proposition.

But we have to remember that just because lions do these things in real life, doesn't mean their pokemon world counterparts will to.

Exactly and idk what you consider being a jerk but it's just animal instinct you gotta remember a primal hierarchy of sorts in is their DNA. That male lion could of been "jerky" as you call it to a weak link female, opposing pregnant female, she was in his space, She was from another Pride, and so on.

This is sort of getting off topic though. Since we are discussing a specific Pokemon not our hopes for this generation. (No matter how much some folks want Luxray to be part Dark type) My only hope is that the main story is great and there are nuances to make the Pokemon world a more realized natural environment are in place.

Bolt the Cat said:
Alix Rooker said:
Just add bug and rock to that list, and you've basically got the same wishlist as I do.

That too, but I didn't think it was worth mentioning since we already know that Bug is 1st in this game.

But yeah, Rock type for 1st gym and early game Bug types are starting to get annoying as well. I would've loved to see the Bug gym later in the game, like 6th or something. But it could be much worse.

Alix Rooker said:
What I'd like to see, in order:
Gyms
Bug (I might as well put this here, because it's already been confirmed)
Fairy
Dark
Steel
Grass
Ghost
Poison
Fire

Elite Four
Water
Electric
Flying
Psychic

Not bad, but I have a few problems with this one. I don't think Fairy should be 2nd because then they won't be properly shown off, we'll be fighting them when their still weak and won't really get to see their power. And Psychic is an overused Elite 4 type, so give that one a break.
I agree, it just seemed kind of logical to put it there, as there are bound to be a few weak Fairy types early on. If not second, then I would put it fourth or fifth.
The only reason I used Psychic (I literally sat there for like 5 minutes thinking what else I could put there) is because Psychic is one of the most powerful types in the game, and it only seemed right to still have it as a part of the elite four.
I mean, I know what you're saying (that it is OU) (Sabrina, Will, Tate & Liza, Lucian, and Caitlin). But I just didn't know what else to put there. In my region, the final gym leader is a man named Simon.

For the gym idea...
Since we already know Bug is gym1, and the leak (which I have decided to acknowledge as fact) states that Fairy is gym2, then here's my ideas on the order of them.
Bug-gym1. This is in the whatever the town is called
Fairy-gym2. This is actually the huge structure in Lumiose City.
THEN
since Lumiose looks like it's gonna branch out in different directions, then we can go in any order to do the gyms in whatever order we want.
So we get the next gyms:
-Fighting
-Dark
-Ice
-Grass
-Steel

and then the 8th gym is fixed, and will be Poison

P.DelSlayer said:
For the gym idea...
Since we already know Bug is gym1, and the leak (which I have decided to acknowledge as fact) states that Fairy is gym2, then here's my ideas on the order of them.
Bug-gym1. This is in the whatever the town is called
Fairy-gym2. This is actually the huge structure in Lumiose City.
THEN
since Lumiose looks like it's gonna branch out in different directions, then we can go in any order to do the gyms in whatever order we want.
So we get the next gyms:
-Fighting
-Dark
-Ice
-Grass
-Steel

I really like this idea. :D
You're fantastic. :3

P.DelSlayer said:
So we get the next gyms:
-Fighting
-Dark
-Ice
-Grass
-Steel

I don't think that idea would work. Having that much freedom over the storyline path would be too chaotic, it would be very hard to write a story that could work like that.

Sky Pillar said:
Mitja said:

#1: Its literally called "Evil" Type in Japan. But lets pretend that isn't enough;
#2: check out the Dark moves:
Bite-Thief-Faint Attack-Pursuit-Crunch-Beat Up-Torment-Flatter-Memento-Taunt-Knock off-Snatch-Fake Tears-Payback-Assurance-Embargo-Fling-Punishment-Sucker Punch-Dark Pulse("Evil Pulse")-Night Slash ("Crossroad Killing")-Switcheroo-Nasty Plot-Dark Void-Hone Claws-Foul Play-Quash-Night Daze-Snarl

Apart from Night Daze, its very obvious what its about.

What I want most of all.....is a better challenge:
1. Your opponent Pokemon can gain exp. During battles.
2. Yours and opponents Pokemon can evolve during battle
3.Gyms are multiple types(such as a water/fire gym, like they can have magmortar and starmie)

I also think they need to put more ice and ghosts types on the game, lets face it they are almost no ghosts types only one was introduced in gen II. Which was a let down until it gained an evolution. I also agreed they need side-quests. I want a tough gym leader like witney and her miltank again :-D

Edit: also more than eight gyms

Alix Rooker said:
benehime said:
Edit: also more than eight gyms
No.

Why not it would be interesting, besides they done it once technically. HGSS had 16 gyms and 2 whole regions. It would be great, plus this region might be huge if the pokedex is split into three section.

benehime said:
Alix Rooker said:

Why not it would be interesting, besides they done it once technically. HGSS had 16 gyms and 2 whole regions. It would be great, plus this region might be huge if the pokedex is split into three section.
HGSS and GSC only did it because Kanto and Johto were right beside each other. Plus, the gyms were only available post story.

Alix Rooker said:
benehime said:
HGSS and GSC only did it because Kanto and Johto were right beside each other. Plus, the gyms were only available post story.

okay what about half the gyms be for post story and either way make the game with new features and mechanics it would be cool if an opponent metapod lvl.9 defeated one of your lvl.8 bulbasaur and the metapod lvl up to lvl.10 and turned to a butterfree and you would have to think of a new way to take it down. I don't know make it kinda realistic in a way. I don't know only the future will tell, I'll just hope.

benehime said:
Alix Rooker said:

If ya wanna get technical, Pokemon World Tournament technically counts as 40 gyms.

Speaking of which I hope PWT returns.

Bolt the Cat said:
P.DelSlayer said:
So we get the next gyms:
-Fighting
-Dark
-Ice
-Grass
-Steel

I don't think that idea would work. Having that much freedom over the storyline path would be too chaotic, it would be very hard to write a story that could work like that.

That's a good point, but they could fix it by having the player return to Lumiose whenever they obtain a badge and then storyline stuff happens there. The stuff that happens wouldn't be determined by what badge is obtained, but what number it is.

P.DelSlayer said:
That's a good point, but they could fix it by having the player return to Lumiose whenever they obtain a badge and then storyline stuff happens there. The stuff that happens wouldn't be determined by what badge is obtained, but what number it is.

That would be too repetitive, plus it's better to just have storyline stuff happen around when you're about to challenge the gym.

benehime said:
Alix Rooker said:

okay what about half the gyms be for post story and either way make the game with new features and mechanics it would be cool if an opponent metapod lvl.9 defeated one of your lvl.8 bulbasaur and the metapod lvl up to lvl.10 and turned to a butterfree and you would have to think of a new way to take it down. I don't know make it kinda realistic in a way. I don't know only the future will tell, I'll just hope.
Oh, I wasn't saying no to that part. I was saying no to the gym leaders part. That part would be kind of cool to see.

KiKi said:
benehime said:
Oh, I wasn't saying no to that part. I was saying no to the gym leaders part. That part would be kind of cool to see.

What's wrong with having more gym leaders? That'd be interesting, especially if they were optional (like, if you had to earn 8/12 badges to reach the Pokemon League). That would add a bit more variety to the badge quest.

Back