XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

The Fighting Dojo in Saffron City was a good concept, it offered an optional ''gym'' challenge, yet it wasn't an actual gym. I'd like to see something like that make a return.

Pokequaza said:
The Fighting Dojo in Saffron City was a good concept, it offered an optional ''gym'' challenge, yet it wasn't an actual gym. I'd like to see something like that make a return.

Only if it's easier to get the Gym Leaders there.
In HG/SS where you first had to find the GLs at a certain place at a certain time, then call them at a different time, was overly annoying.

Something that's simple like 'find the Gym Leader at Location X at any time and they'll go to the New Dojo where you can rebattle them at your leisure', repeat for more rematches would be appreciated.

Another good way to do it would be to handle it like the Sinnoh Battleground; we got a few rematches, and it changed each day. (iirc we were able to battle the GLs in there more than once per day, correct if wrong)

On the subject of gyms, I really hope the gyms are a bit more spread out like in Hoenn and Unova where you had to do a lot of traveling around the region. I also hope we get more Hail overworld areas and less cities.

Sky Pillar said:
On the subject of gyms, I really hope the gyms are a bit more spread out like in Hoenn and Unova where you had to do a lot of traveling around the region. I also hope we get more Hail overworld areas and less cities.

There only seems to be about 12 or so cities in the game, so a lot of them are probably going to be one city apart again, but the routes seem a bit larger than Unova's, so there's that.

List of things I want. xD And here... we... go:

-A Battleground style GL rematch bar. It was a really cool place. :D

-Pokemon following you around. Oh, how I would love my trusty Fennekin behind me. xD

-Ludicolo. <3

-Offline battles with friends' latest save teams. Like in GS back in the day

That's something already. :D Hope we'll get this stuff.

Bolt the Cat said:
KiKi said:
Oh, I wasn't saying no to that part. I was saying no to the gym leaders part. That part would be kind of cool to see.

What's wrong with having more gym leaders? That'd be interesting, especially if they were optional (like, if you had to earn 8/12 badges to reach the Pokemon League). That would add a bit more variety to the badge quest.

Exactly that would be awesome, plus I hope they do some gyms that have different battle mechanics such as a flying type gym can be a Sky Battle, or a Triple Battle just some variety.

benehime said:
Exactly that would be awesome, plus I hope they do some gyms that have different battle mechanics such as a flying type gym can be a Sky Battle, or a Triple Battle just some variety.

A mandatory Sky Gym Battle would be kind of bad, but if it was optional, that'd be fine.

And yeah, Triple and Rotation Gym Battles would be awesome. They should've done that in BW2.

Bolt the Cat said:
benehime said:

A mandatory Sky Gym Battle would be kind of bad, but if it was optional, that'd be fine.

And yeah, Triple and Rotation Gym Battles would be awesome. They should've done that in BW2.

Yeah that seems better and the only other thing is bring new evolutions, please be chimecho and garbodor please.

benehime said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Yeah that seems better and the only other thing is bring new evolutions, please be chimecho and garbodor please.

Speaking of new evolutions...

I'd say it's about time Skarmory got a pre-evo like Mantine. They were version exclusives with an unusual Flying-type combo in GSC, and even in HGSS. One can fly and is a relentless killer while the other can swim and is peaceful and happy.

I like the idea of skarmory having pre-evolution, which reminds me that some Pokemon need pre-evolutions such as:
-shuckle
-kangaskhan
-skarmory
-keckleon
-onix
-miltank
-etc...

I also believe they should get the villa\ Bases back and you friends can come their like BW, you can go into each others game and battle, and go into each other villa\base like in the underground on DP and missions on BW. You should be able to customize your own place, since you can customize your own character in X and Y.

Pretty much the only Pokemon that really need a pre-evolution are Tauros/Miltank, Druddigon, and Tropius. Most of the rest of them would just be eye candy.

I miss the bases so much, it was fun randomly walking around and finding one.

I hope 6th gen has more complex sea routes, like I think every sea pokemon should have 5~10% chance of occurring so you can fit 10~20 different sea pokemon in one route since the sea has so many different species in it, it doesn't make sense that there's a sea of tentacool/ tentacruel.

For clarification here's an example:

Sea Route 1:
Wailmer 5%
Sealeo 5%
Mantyke 10%
Tentacool 10%
Eelektrik 5%
Remoraid 10%
Alomomola 5%
Pelipper 10%
Qwilfish 10%
Relicanth 5%
Corsola 10%
Horsea 5%

Just something to add more realism to the games

Bolt the Cat said:
Pretty much the only Pokemon that really need a pre-evolution are Tauros/Miltank, Druddigon, and Tropius. Most of the rest of them would just be eye candy.
I think tropius need a evolution also and lose the flying and become a grass\dragon or it can stay how it is it needs a little bit more in it stats

Sky Pillar said:

I hope 6th gen has more complex sea routes, like I think every sea pokemon should have 5~10% chance of occurring so you can fit 10~20 different sea pokemon in one route since the sea has so many different species in it, it doesn't make sense that there's a sea of tentacool/ tentacruel.

Sea Route 1:
Wailmer 5%
Sealeo 5%
Mantyke 10%
Tentacool 10%
Eelektrik 5%
Remoraid 10%
Alomomola 5%
Pelipper 10%
Qwilfish 10%
Relicanth 5%
Corsola 10%
Horsea 5%

It's times like this I wish there was a dislike button.

Having a zillion Pokemon with equal distribution completely destroys the game, there needs to be some sense of rarity in the game to make things fair. It's more ridiculous, for example, to have to spend 20 minutes looking for something weak and common like Tentacool than for one of the rarer or more powerful Water types like Horsea.

benehime said:
I think tropius need a evolution also and lose the flying and become a grass\dragon or it can stay how it is it needs a little bit more in it stats

Actually, I think Tropius should have both, it's too rare and strong to be a first form, but too weak to be a final form.

Bolt the Cat said:
Sky Pillar said:

Sea Route 1:
Wailmer 5%
Sealeo 5%
Mantyke 10%
Tentacool 10%
Eelektrik 5%
Remoraid 10%
Alomomola 5%
Pelipper 10%
Qwilfish 10%
Relicanth 5%
Corsola 10%
Horsea 5%

Having a zillion Pokemon with equal distribution completely destroys the game, there needs to be some sense of rarity in the game to make things fair. It's more ridiculous, for example, to have to spend 20 minutes looking for something weak and common like Tentacool than for one of the rarer or more powerful Water types like Horsea.

It would be exclusive to pokemon in sea routes so it wouldn't destroy anything considering that most pokemon you find are on land. Also those were just examples using random sea based pokemon, they wouldn't even have to be in the mix or even in the same route.

Sky Pillar said:
Bolt the Cat said:

It would be exclusive to pokemon in sea routes so it wouldn't destroy anything considering that most pokemon you find are on land. Also those were just examples using random sea based pokemon, they wouldn't even have to be in the mix or even in the same route.

yeah, it cool and all but wouldn't be kinda of annoying trying to get feebas with that system going in

Bolt the Cat said:
benehime said:

Actually, I think Tropius should have both, it's too rare and strong to be a first form, but too weak to be a final form.

Yeah, I agree. Tropius could easily get a protoceratops pre-evolution with 2 smaller leaves for wings and be pure grass. Tropius' evolution could resemble a Sauropod just a bit more. Maybe a bit of height, and add a banana collar or mane and a tail. I'd love to see a tail, as tropius looks like it's almost wiping it's butt on the ground as it walks.

benehime said:
Sky Pillar said:

yeah, it cool and all but wouldn't be kinda of annoying trying to get feebas with that system going in

feebas shouldn't even be found in the sea so it shouldn't conflict.

How about a dragon/grass pokemon based off of snapdragon flowers and the Boyd's Forest Dragon
Since they live in Queensland, AU, they could even manage to fit a crown pattern in there like my fakemon.

One small thing I just thought of; be able to see stat changes on screen.

Say you're setting up with Hone Claws, but you lose track of how many times you've used it. The stat counter would show you and the opponent, and it would say something like:

Garchomp Gyarados
Atk -1 Atk +1
Spe +1
(Chomp is -1 because Gyara's intimidate)

I would really like this feature.

Back