XY What new Types would you like to see in X and Y?

Like Suicune, Wingull and Keldeo?

Water type is not necessarily related with where a Pokemon lives.

(I hope gen 6 gives us some proper non-water aquatic, and additional non-aquatic Water Pokemon :< )

A Fire/Water type could just be amphibious or something, using water type moves in the water and fire type moves on land. The typing is pretty simple to make as long as they don't have an open flame. You could also use steam as a theme.

Ice types are more about cold, e.g. Dewgong is not literally made of ice. A Fire/Ice type is the perfect combination for a snow monkey. They live in very cold places (and have white fur) and frequent hot springs (and have redish skin).

Mitja said:

(I hope gen 6 gives us some proper non-water aquatic, and additional non-aquatic Water Pokemon :< )

You know, seagulls actually dive into the sea to catch their prey... Also, Wingull is mostly found while surfing (at least in RSE), so wtf?

Also, if Suicune and Keldeo can walk on water, I'm sure they can stay underwater too... They just don't need to.

And you may say being Water is not necessarily related to living in Water, but most of the time, it does. Why do you think that when Bidoof evolves into Bibarel, it gains a secondary Water-type?

The only Water Pokémon I can think of that has really no connection to living in water is Palkia, which is only water-type because Pearls are found in the sea...

We were talking about using flamethrower underwater, and frankly I don't even know what your point is anymore.

Why would a water pokemon need to use flamethrower underwater and why would they have to be a strictly aquatic pokemon?

Mitja said:
We were talking about using flamethrower underwater, and frankly I don't even know what your point is anymore.

What?
Okay, let's recapitulate...

Mitja said:
It doesnt have to be capable of using Flamethrower underwater either.. It doesnt even have to be aquatic for that matter.

Metalizard said:
It should be able to swim/dive at least...

Mitja said:

The focus of the argument simply changed but now you don't know what my point is anymore? I was just answering according to your replies... Screw this... I'm just imagining all possible scenarios regarding a Pokémon with such typing...

I think water fire is a logical possibility, especially with moves like scald introduced last generation. And on the subject of moves like flamethrower being used, that pokemon could have some signature fire type moves that would make sense for that. Also, move like overheat and eruption would make sense along with many special type fire moves.

Not a new type as much as maybe new evolutions for existing pokemon like they did in Diamond and Pearl (Magmortor Magnazone).

I would like to see them be original; create the Pokémon first, then give it a type, not starting with a type combination and trying to come up with a Pokémon that fits the type. It is not a contest of how many type combinations they can get covered.

Zoroark316 said:
I think water fire is a logical possibility, especially with moves like scald introduced last generation. And on the subject of moves like flamethrower being used, that pokemon could have some signature fire type moves that would make sense for that. Also, move like overheat and eruption would make sense along with many special type fire moves.

I once made a thermal fish Pokemon that had those thermal worms hanging off its body. It was fire and water type. Among the Pokemon I created, that was one of the few with odd/unusual type combinations.

As far as types go, Sound and Spirit would be best for me. I dont like the idea of Light type, but Spirit type could sort of take that place. These Pokemon would be counter to Ghost, in that instead of being demonic or possessed entities, they would be angelic. An example might be Togekiss being Flying/Spirit instead. Sound has already been explained before. Even though I think that might be an odd type, I think its better than Cosmic or Digital.

Pokequaza said:
I would like to see them be original; create the Pokémon first, then give it a type, not starting with a type combination and trying to come up with a Pokémon that fits the type. It is not a contest of how many type combinations they can get covered.

It pretty much seems like thats what they've been doing all along, merely adding exotic combos where appropriate.
I mean, since they never really overdo it, always having a decent amount of single types and casual stuff too.

But after 600 creatures, some of the weirder combos easily come about xD

I don't see how that process would change anything. Its not like they just randomly slam type combos together. They just find legends/animals/etc. that fit the description.

Mewtwo was evil in the first movie, but dark type didn't exist back then. I think it is about time its typing changes to Psychic / Dark. It would be really interesting as that only would leave it weak to bug which would do x4 damage.

King Arceus said:
Mewtwo was evil in the first movie, but dark type didn't exist back then. I think it is about time its typing changes to Psychic / Dark. It would be really interesting as that only would leave it weak to bug which would do x4 damage.

Heck yeah!

And its only but major weakness would be what started the franchise out of all things ;D

Then perhaps when they get about a second failed experiment, resulting in a more horrific Mewthree...Psy/Dark ftw, especially if that time Rocket is directly involved ;B

Some water pokemon already learn fire moves, nobody seems to care that they can't logically use them when they're swimming; water types with legs often spend most of their time on land anyway, like the water starters.

Durr, they should add swimming type, mammal type, reptile type, bring back bird type, dinosaur type, human type, soldier type, knight type, booger type, wind type, computer type, internet type, transformer type, trading card game type, chocolate type, burger type, the list goes on and on. There are just way too many nouns to choose from.

So the options we have come to find through this arguement would be...
Ancient
Light
Sound
Salt
Wood
Digital
Spirit
Saint
Glass
Machine
Monster
Air

Best chances in my opinion are Machine, Wood, and Light. I like Wood to become the new type!

Back