XY What new Types would you like to see in X and Y?

Pokemon Trainer Dark said:
Hardly so, Evasion and Accuracy are only for the battle, and moves have Accuracy already as an effect, so it's already a legit stat.

No it isn't, Pokemon don't have an inherent Accuracy or Evasion stat, it's just set at 100% as the default and varies based on the move used.

Evasion however isn't really a stat that needs a legit place holder.

No, it definitely does need to be there. Evasion is an inherent quality of the target Pokemon. Realistically, different Pokemon would be better at dodging attacks than others.

Bolt the Cat said:
Hardly so, Evasion and Accuracy are only for the battle, and moves have Accuracy already as an effect, so it's already a legit stat.

No it isn't, Pokemon don't have an inherent Accuracy or Evasion stat, it's just set at 100% as the default and varies based on the move used.

Evasion however isn't really a stat that needs a legit place holder.

No, it definitely does need to be there. Evasion is an inherent quality of the target Pokemon. Realistically, different Pokemon would be better at dodging attacks than others.

True but the pokemon's speed is also factored into it's evasion (a little bit). They could make it it's own stat though.

Professer K said:
True but the pokemon's speed is also factored into it's evasion (a little bit). They could make it it's own stat though.

Speed and Evasion are typically related, but can still be independent. For instance, Ghost types would typically have a high Evasion stat because they're usually intangible, but do not necessarily need to be fast. Conversely, some larger Pokemon may be fast, but have a harder time dodging stats so they might in fact have high Speed but low Evasion.

Bolt the Cat said:
Professer K said:

Speed and Evasion are typically related, but can still be independent. For instance, Ghost types would typically have a high Evasion stat because they're usually intangible, but do not necessarily need to be fast. Conversely, some larger Pokemon may be fast, but have a harder time dodging stats so they might in fact have high Speed but low Evasion.

I do agree. They are similar in some aspects but not the same.

Okay, so I know I'm going to get torn apart by you guys for suggesting these, but how about a "beast" type? (Had dragon type in mind) Or maybe a Gold or Diamond type? I know Rock/Ground/Steel sort of covers those but hey, we're just speculating some new types.

Fish
Mammal
Monster
Bird
Microbiological

The thing is, I don't think half of the current Pokemon could properly gain those without having to resort to introducing triple types.

People who suggest things like "beast" and "bird" don't seem to understand what types are even supposed to mean.

Mammals, birds, monsters and reptiles are the bases. All of them would realistically be "normal" types because they are all just animals made out of meat.

Types represent additional powers on top of being a mere animal. BEING A MAMMAL IS NOT A BATTLE POWER.

"Bug" only gets its own type because bugs feel really alien and different to most people, and unlike most other animals, are covered in chitin, which does have unique properties.

"Dragon" gets a type because dragons are supernatural beings in mythology, and it makes a fun rare/special type.

There is no reason for "bird" to be a different type from "flying" A bird is represented by flying and normal.

exactly...and another justification for Bug type is that the whole freakin franchise started with the concept of bug collecting.

Haha, a mammal-type. 50% of them would end up being 'mammal-type' if this were going to happen..

And 70% of them would end up being Monster type. lol

Anyways,
can any Light-enthusiast explain to me what would be distinctive features of light types? Like, something that the rest of Pokemon don't employ too.

To be honest, there's a few Elements they can add in, but other then that, there isn't much to add. So if we get new types, we'll probably get a Light, Sound, Wood, Virtual/Digital, Void, or ???. Now if you guys want to push that I'm saying I want to put a new type as my opinion, don't, because I'm not pushing any types, just what will show up. Now about the Void type, it'll be a Neutral all around, and don't argue it's going to be a Normal type. Normal is weak against Fighting, and can't hit Ghost types, and Rock and steel resist them, so Void will hit all for normal damage, while taking normal damage for all. Also the ??? type is already in there, for Curse. If they do add it as a type, they'll probably have it always a Multi-type and have the moves for that specific type, where they'd do something other then normal with any other type, like Curse being an actual curse for ghost, but a way of weakening your speed and increasing defense and attack, or vise versa if using Contrary.

To be honest, there's a few Elements they can add in, but other then that, there isn't much to add. So if we get new types, we'll probably get a Light, Sound, Wood, Virtual/Digital, Void, or ???. Now if you guys want to push that I'm saying I want to put a new type as my opinion, don't, because I'm not pushing any types, just what will show up. Now about the Void type, it'll be a Neutral all around, and don't argue it's going to be a Normal type. Normal is weak against Fighting, and can't hit Ghost types, and Rock and steel resist them, so Void will hit all for normal damage, while taking normal damage for all. Also the ??? type is already in there, for Curse. If they do add it as a type, they'll probably have it always a Multi-type and have the moves for that specific type, where they'd do something other then normal with any other type, like Curse being an actual curse for ghost, but a way of weakening your speed and increasing defense and attack, or vise versa if using Contrary.

Curse is a Ghost-type move as of gen 5. They completely removed the ???-type.

Pokequaza said:

Curse is a Ghost-type move as of gen 5. They completely removed the ???-type.

I was using ???-type as an example, though thank you for showing me that apparently the ???-type has been turned into a Ghost type move. It is still in the games coding probably, and will continue to be for a while, due to the ???-typing being the whole mysterious effect of Curse for other pokemon, but I am still thankful for the information.

I was using ???-type as an example, though thank you for showing me that apparently the ???-type has been turned into a Ghost type move. It is still in the games coding probably, and will continue to be for a while, due to the ???-typing being the whole mysterious effect of Curse for other pokemon, but I am still thankful for the information.

The only place where the ??? type still exists is in a secret form of Arceus, which is likely only there to keep the game from crashing.

Bolt the Cat said:

The only place where the ??? type still exists is in a secret form of Arceus, which is likely only there to keep the game from crashing.

Well again, the ??? type can still become an actual pokemon type, meant for doing that whole gimmick it had before, nd Arceus still is kinda the ??? type.

Well again, the ??? type can still become an actual pokemon type, meant for doing that whole gimmick it had before, nd Arceus still is kinda the ??? type.

There's no reason to. ??? wouldn't really add anything to the game, and currently it's only being used as a placeholder to keep the game from crashing. It's never been meant to be a real type to begin with.

There's no reason to add a new type, and there's no reason not to. Again I'm not pushing type ideas to become something. I'm just saying that it can be an interesting type to add.

??? seems like the only reasonable type, but I don't see it coming back as a full type in XY.

But they could so some cool things with the type that can't really be done with other types (like how psychic can make up light and cosmic types).

There could be a Schrodinger cat pokemon. It fits ??? because its unknown if it is alive or dead. Its definitely alive (normal) or dead (ghost) but not both.

Psychic doesn't make up the Light type, for only one move actually creates light with Psychic Types. That's Luster Purge, and no Fire and Electric don't do so either, since they don't deal with creating light specifically for damage or such. They use Fire or Electric attacks. Only a few actually use light for something other then Synthesis and Solar Beam gaining power from the Light of Sunny Day, which I stated before being, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Flash, and again Luster Purge. Which the only actual damage one is Luster Purge, which doesn't harm Dark types, and if it was truly representing light types, it'd harm Dark Pokemon. Also to be honest, and I have to make my point here, if Fighting and Dark were truly counterparts, Dark would hit Fighting for at least Neutral damage, because Counter parts need each other, fighting doesn't need Dark type pokemon to be heroic since they could defeat more then just them and still be heroic pokemon. Light Type pokemon don't necessarily have to be Good or Evil, just like Dark pokemon don't have to be Evil or Good. Dark type pokemon fight with a Lack of Moral.Think of the Chaotic, Neutral, Law Parts on the Good and Evil Scale. Dark Type pokemon are almost always Chaotic, Fighting would almost always be Neutral, and Light if it gets added, would more then likely almost be Lawful. However their Evil or Good scale could be changed from Good, Neutral, or Evil. I hope this clarifies the want for a Light type by a lot of people, and I can go into further detail if need be.

Back