XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: Your X&Y Team?

The only ones I think I'll have that have been revealed so far are Chespin and Clauncher (if Clauncher evolves into a Water/Electric!). Other possibilities are Litleo and Helioptile, because I don't know what they evolve into just yet...

I'm waiting for the full list of Pokemon to be released before I settle completely, but for now I know I want the following:

Froakie - I always choose the Water starter on my first playthrough (except for Black...Samurott didn't do it for me)
Spritzee - I figure I need to at least try out the fairy type to see how it is, and if Spritzee gets the cool plague doctor evo that everyone is hypothesizing about, it should be pretty cool!
Malimar - Dark / Psychic gives me awesome coverage, and it just looks so cool!

I won't be using Torchic or any other previous gen pokemon on my team. Though I love all the old pokemon, I want to go through and really experience Gen VI in its entirety. Using old pokemon in a new generation just feels stale.

As a reminder, please remember to elaborate on why you're choosing your future team members! A simple list of names is not an elaboration!

Your X&Y Team?

Looking back at my post, I'm thinking that I didn't give enough of a reason on who's going to be on my team. So I'll try again.

Skiddo:
This little baby goat is just...
Adorable.
Not so creative name aside, I was a bit surprised when Gogoat got a pre-evolution. His grass typing is unique, I would expect a goat Pokemon to be ground, but grass is really cool! He also jumps over ledges, and gets his own music. Skiddo gets a spot on my team.

His name shall be Mossback!

Bunnelby:
Ah, finally. We have our Rattata for this generation. It's a BUNNY. He looks pretty funny with his cartoony eyes. But what I know about cartoony Pokemon is this: they either stay cartoony, or turn into total monsters. I'm hoping we'll get a total monster. Or at least something cool like Stoutland. Plus, he can chop trees. He'll learn Cut. Or he'll be my Cutter for X and Y.

He will be named Ricky.

Flabébé:
Everyone's gonna have a Fairy type for X and Y. I'm getting the little wonder Flabébé. Though she may not be getting an evolution, (which I really hope she does) the fact that it can be found in different colors somewhat makes me want to get her in blue..

Her name will be...Elizabeth!

I've sorta formed a team, although it's not certain until all of the Kalos Pokémon have been revealed.

Fennekin (Fire)
Fletchling (Flying/Fire)
Inkay (Dark/Psychic)
Clauncher (Water)
Sylveon (Fairy)
???

So it's pretty diverse in terms of typing, I obviously wanted to use the new Fairy type and Sylveon is the perfect Pokémon for this!

Fletchling
Fletchling
Fletchling
Fletchling
Fletchling
HM Mule

Jk. But we can all agree that "Relentless", is the best Pokemon in X/Y.

Now with that aside, my actual team through the playthrough will probably include the following along with any other Pokemon I find along the way that look really cool, or I require to beat a certain Leader:
- Froakie
- Fletchling (never gonna evolve, naming it "Relentless")
- Flabebe (it's gonna be super op, mark my words!)
- Sylveon (*points at signature*)
- Dat Flaming Lion Poke
- Yveltal I guess...

Sheriff_K said:
Fletchling
Fletchling
Fletchling
Fletchling
Fletchling
HM Mule

Jk. But we can all agree that "Relentless", is the best Pokemon in X/Y.

Now with that aside, my actual team through the playthrough will probably include the following along with any other Pokemon I find along the way that look really cool, or I require to beat a certain Leader:
- Froakie
- Fletchling (never gonna evolve, naming it "Relentless")
- Flabebe (it's gonna be super op, mark my words!)
- Sylveon (*points at signature*)
- Dat Flaming Lion Poke
- Yveltal I guess...

Flaming lion is litleo or as munchingorange says lil leo. :D Also why not get skiddo instead of Yeveltal probably earlier in-game?

Just hatched a SHINY MAREEP! So my XY team is now updated to Chespin, Dedenne, and Mareep!

- Chespin: the coolest starter!
- Dedenne: so cute and is dual Fairy type!
- Mareep: Shiny Mega Ampharos!!!
(That is if we can transfer Pokémon to XY, fingers crossed!)

Its way too soon to tell what my whole team will be, I'd have to weigh out every new Pokemon first. So far though, I know my starter will be Chespin because his optimism adores me (unless his evolutions happen to come out terrible, then Fennekin is my backup) and I will probably have Pancham/Pangoro, because who doesn't love a cute sneaky panda that evolves into a fuzzy beast.

Yes I am one of those people who mainly decides a team based on looks over stats. However that isnt my entire basis, if the pokemon sucks just THAT badly, I will usually cycle it out. Its only for an in-game team anyway, I never choose base on looks competitively. But in-game teams are the best because then you really have the chance to feel like a real pokemon trainer.

RE: What Pokemon do you want in your team for X/Y? Post your ever changing list here!

From the beginning of X version, I'm probably going for the following:

Fennekin (Fire-type) - Not sure what it's final evo looks like but I imagine it will be cool
Squirtle (Water-type) - Getting Mega Blastoise

Then getting:

Electric-type (to be decided)
Litleo (Possibilty, depends on Fennekin's Final Evo and if I decide I want another fire-type on my team)
?
?

RE: What Pokemon do you want in your team for X/Y? Post your ever changing list here!

With all the new Pokémon that are revealed I have some updates regarding my in-game team. I will still use a rotation team, because I would like to use as many Pokémon I like from the 6th generation as possible.

The Pokémon I'd like to include:
  • Charmander. Its evolutionary line has been and will forever be my favourite. I chose it in my first game (Pokémon Red) and I have loved it ever since. On top of that I love the Mega Evolution for it and the ability it gains with it. I hoped for it to get Drought as a Hidden Ability in generation 5, but it didn't happen. I'm glad it did now!
  • All generation 6 starters. I love them all! They are cute and awesome. I will buy both games and transfer them to myself. I will breed plenty so I can also trade them to the my other game once I finished the first.
  • Litleo. I like the design and I hope for an amazing looking evolution. It reminds me of Shinx; the pre-evolution of my favourite Electric-type.
  • Noivern: I like the design and Dragon-type Pokémon are generally good to have in-game. I get the feeling that it won't be available early on though.
  • Pancham. It has a nice design and type combination. Fighting types are good to have to deal with several different types.
  • Clauncher. It seems like a great water Pokémon and can also use Electric-type attacks. This gives it a great advantage against many other Water-type Pokémon.
  • Skrelp. I have hopes it will evolve into a strong beastly Pokémon. Although I don't think it's design is made to look pretty, I still find it appealing.
  • Helioptile. It's really cute and I want to find out what it evolves into.
  • Inkay. It has a really good type combination and I like the design.
  • Sylveon. I generally like Eevee and its evolutions and I want to try out Sylveon in the generation it's introduced in. I like the design and I want to use a Fairy-type.
  • Honedge. It has a great type combination and looks like an interesting Pokémon to use.

So there's my list of Pokémon I intend to use. More will most likely be added as more Pokémon are revealed.

I will not rotate Charmander out of my team; he's there to stay! Other Pokémon that are likely to stay in my team more than the rest are:
  • The generation 6 starters. I will try to keep at least one of two at them in my team at all times.
  • Sylveon. I want keep a Fairy-type in my team as much as possible and Sylveon is my favourite Fairy-type.
  • Clauncher. It is my favourite generation 6 Water-type so far after Froakie. I will most likely also use it to Surf/Dive. It will be even more awesome if it becomes an Electric-type too.

For in-game play I generally don't pay attention to their stats and focus on design and type coverage. And as mentioned above, I want to try out as many new Pokémon that I like as possible!

While I can't be sure about my final/most used team until we learn more about the new pokemon, I do know that I really want a Ninetales (shiny if possible) in my team. There are also many older gen pokemon that I would like to have around, like Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Banette, Eevee, Joltik, Ditto etc. Hopefully there will be many kind players willing to trade old gen Pokemon.

Ok my teams as of now (one to super train one for gameplay):
Gameplay:
6th gen starter (to be decided since all are great)
Dedenne (so cute <3 or rotation with swirlix)
Pangoro (epic evolved for the extra type otherwise panchum)
Skiddo line (if not chespin)
Litleo line (if not fennekin)
Clauncher (see above)
Inkay (soooooo adoreable <3)
Swirlix line? (rotation really cute)

Super training:
Charizard (mega for nostalgia since I chose charmander on my first game ever)
Honedge (probably really useful and fairy slayer)
Gengar (fairy slayer)
Another Pangoro (psychic coverage)
Strongest non-legendary fairy (dragonslayer)
Grass type open for suggestions (keep in mnd this is for gen 6 random matchup clone)

I will catch all the new pokemon though. :D

Edit: Well my team hasn't changed with the new corocoro besides the dinos being on rotation.

My new and current plan:

First playtrough - This playtrough I will only use newly introduced pokemon, no Mega Evolutions, besides Mega-Evolutions of sixth gen pokemon, no legendaries and no overlapping types. The planned pokemon are as following:
1. Froakie - I wasn't so sure on using him at first, but I will definitely make use of him now. I want to try to recreate my earlier experiences, including using my starter pokemon as my main pokemon, even if it might be a bad idea.
2. Litleo - This one is used for coverage and it's adorable. It might be removed in case of overlapping types with other pokemon in my team in later evolutions. It's potential replacement will be Fletchling.
3. Inkay - The rather unique typing makes this line very intresting to me, I really want to experiment with it. Of course, type coverage is also an important factor here.
4. Swirlix - It is cute and it is fairy-type, In case of overlapping types it will be replaced by Flabebe
5. Honedge - Type coverage and it's a flying sword (I love that... ...), however, if there is another amazing ghost type it might replaced.
6. ... - Will be decided in game.

Second playtrough - No rules and/or permanent team, besides Chespin or Fenneking, depending on my lil' bro's starter. This will be my first settle round, which means I will make my first batch of EV-trained and sort of IV breeded gen 6 pokemon. Ooh and go for completion :p.

Definitely using the event Torchic.
I absolutely LOVE Mega Venusaur, so I'll probably choose Bulbasaur from Professor Sycamore.
So, to balance everything out, that would make my Kalos starter Froakie!
I also intend to use Sylveon because that pink thing is the most adorable thing ever! :D

...the other 2 slots will be decided later.

My list up 'till this point:

1. Chespin. If the rumors of it being part dark are true, then that gives me good coverage for stuff later on in the game.
2. Bulbasaur. I know that I already have a grass type here, but because of the difference in type combonations, and also the fact that Mega Venusaur only have three weaknesses, still makes these viable teammates.
3. Azumarill. This is probably both my favorite Pokemon and also the only Pokemon I intend to bring over to this game for serious use from White 2. She is quite high leveled, so she will only be used later in game.
4. I would say I would like to use Pangoro, but I am unsure at this point. It will depend partially on Chespin's final evo type.
5. Possibly an Eeveelution, high chance for it being Sylveon. The Fairy type would be nice to add balance to the team. But, like I said about Pangoro, is Azumarill becomes part Fairy like Marill did, then the chances of me using Sylveon are pretty low.
6. Litleo is sitting i the back of my mind, and I can't help but wonder what he will evolve in to. If it's something good, he could be my fire-type for the generation. I'll have to see!

Overall, only the two starters and my Azumarill are set in stone. The rest will have to be seen, I suppose. :)

X:
Froakie
Bulbasaur
Torchic
Fossil - If you can choose which one you get and as long as the fossil recoverer person isn't too late/post-game, I'll get Chigorasu.
Bird - Probably Pidgey, because I like the unexpected choice.
Other - Maybe Inkay

Y:
Chespin
Charmander
Bird - Whatever another early-ish bird is that isn't Pidgey or Fletchling.
Water type - I think Skrelp is in Y and I really don't like it.
Spritzee if it can evolve
Pokémon that isn't revealed yet - I like mysteries.

Because of my rabid love of dark type pokemon. I want, WANT to want Chespin. I'm holding out for the final evolution. if it disappoints, then I will fall back to Froakie or maybe Fennikin. Fennikin's evolution intrigues me. it's a bit odd. but the possibilities for it's evolution have me excited

X team

Early Team 100% set;

Fennekin [I dislike the other two]
Fletchling [Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee]
Skiddo [Eeee <3]

Later Team [additions];

Litleo [Regional Shinx]
Helioptile [The New GEICO]
Noivern [I never seem to use birds for Fly-slaves anymore]
Clauncher [Dat blue]
Inkay [Goes from cute to BA]
Pangoro [It's nice... might end up being the Breloom of the team. I really hope fairy isn't good against dark types, but seeing the legend's types... ARCEUS NO GAMEFREAK DO YOU REALIZE JUST HOW MUCH YOU'VE BROKEN]
Dedenne [Meh, it's kinda cute]
Meowstic [For the confused, the female is the attacker, and the male is the support]
Furfrou [It is my goal to create the single most stupid looking one of these to exist. I'm serious]
Fossil-mon [Love that apato, but the 4x weakness.... oi. The other dino with leave me with at least two dragons, but the new type combo.... ;-;]

Xerneas [Mononoke. Even though it actually looks nothing like the FS save for many anlters]

Megas; If all starter mons get megas, it depends on their looks.
I quite like Mega- Blaziken, Lucario, Absol, and i'll transfer over my special Garchomp because he is my baby :3

So far im only picking mons based on looks and from this gen. After the full dex + stats are up ill go by that.

My early team
Chespin and its evolutions.
Bulbasuar, because it's awesome!
Skiddo, because it's sooooooo cute!
Skrelp, because it'll take care of Fairy Type
Oorotto, only if it turns out to be Grass/Ghost
Inkay, because Dark/Physic is always an awesome combo!

Later in the game:
Chespin's final Evo.
Venusaur
Skrelp's Final Evo
Sylveon
Yveltal
Whatever other cool Pokemon shows up.

Back